Kemper Profiling Amp, Namm '11
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 28 2011, 05:42 PM
Instructor
Hey guys, I wonder if you checked out the profiling amp from Namm smile.gif

It's very interesting concept and it seems to work on this demo. The technology is a bit clumsy atm, but who know, might be the next big thing as far as the amps go.

What do you think? smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 28 2011, 07:49 PM
GMC:er
I'd seen this demo and it looks great smile.gif I hope they stuff it in to a single rack space or two eventually. Also, this seems more like a vendor tool that would be used as a sampler and then the presets could be distributed as software patches for a plugin, or as downloadable patches for a smaller piece of rack gear. It is a great way to create modifiable emulations.

I'd love to see it as a hardware assisted plugin using, for example, Universal Audio acceleration or something similar.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 29 2011, 11:53 PM
Instructor
Yeah, that would be great to see implemented. UAD has Nigel for now, but this could prove more practical in creating custom tones.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mudbone
Mar 30 2011, 03:27 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Looks like a defibrillator, which is quite fitting because the complexity of that amp might give you a heart attack tongue.gif Maybe I'm just brain dead, but what exactly does it do? Is it supposed to allow you to design your own amp? If so, then it sounds like a great idea, but it also sounds like it has the potential to be a recipe for disaster, as most people don't know how to design an amp. I think thats part of the reason why most manufacturers of conventional guitar amps don't put parametric eq's on their amps, it has too much potential to sound like shit. Of course, I'm just assuming thats the reason, chances are high I could be wrong tongue.gif

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Mar 30 2011, 04:25 PM
Instructor
i LOVE it.

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Mar 30 2011, 04:45 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Wow really interesting idea for the product. But I'm not sure that I understand how it exactly works from the video. How do you "capture" your own amp sound. But I think this is the way of the future.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Mar 30 2011, 05:05 PM
GMC:er
Awesome piece of engineering!
I'd hate to think what it would cost though, surely (for your favourite 3-6 sounds) it'll cost as much as the Boutique Amp you're trying to emulate???

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Mar 30 2011, 05:08 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Mar 30 2011, 11:05 AM) *
Awesome piece of engineering!
I'd hate to think what it would cost though, surely (for your favourite 3-6 sounds) it'll cost as much as the Boutique Amp you're trying to emulate???

YES
but i hope not smile.gif

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 31 2011, 09:11 AM
Instructor
It's sort of a new concept, you can see that the knobs and LCD screen are not that synced, there is delay, and the design is a bit clumsy, with all sorts of buttons. It is a bit confusing. But, there could be something interesting here. The ability to go anywhere, model the amp you like and then play the same/similar sound anywhere else is definitely cool.

Stores would go out of business as far as the amps go, because people would come in, model the amp, and go home with it's sound. biggrin.gif

Imagine a situation going into the store, and you see a vintage Marshall there in mint condition. You ask "how much", and the store guy says "Oh, it's not for sale, it's for sampling, but you can get this new sampling device for only 7999.99$" biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 07:15 AM