Knuckle Injury
Ben Higgins
Mar 30 2012, 10:24 AM
Instructor
Anybody else ever had any knuckle injuries ?

Some months ago I noticed my knuckle was painful after using a punch bag. I assumed it was a bruised knuckle and that it would go away. I had to stop punching things and no knuckle push ups either. Yesterday I decided to check it out again after months of not using it. The pain returned again like before. After doing some research it most likely looks like Boxers Knuckle, which is damage to the soft tissue (specifically the tendon) around the knuckle of the middle finger, which is where mine is. Will probably take about 4 months to heal which is a bummer but at least I've had a warning. Some people get it a lot worse and can't even move their fingers.

Also, it's on my picking hand so I'm extremely lucky. The fact that it didn't occur on my fretting hand is probably because the tendons and joints are stronger because all the years of guitar, whereas my right hand is weaker even though it's my dominant side.

Oh well, the lessons are best learned through experience I guess.. the more painful, the more likely you'll learn it ! wink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 01:59 PM