Any Taxi Members?
David Wallimann
Feb 11 2009, 03:44 PM
Instructor
I've been wondering about that website and would love to know if any of you have used their services?
It is quite expensive and I'm a bit skeptical, but have any of you used it?

http://www.taxi.com/

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Feb 11 2009, 03:48 PM
GMC:er
If it's anything like taxis lol they will take you the long way round to charge you more money tongue.gif laugh.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Jose Mena
Feb 11 2009, 05:25 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (David Wallimann @ Feb 11 2009, 09:44 AM) *
I've been wondering about that website and would love to know if any of you have used their services?
It is quite expensive and I'm a bit skeptical, but have any of you used it?

http://www.taxi.com/

Hey David, I am a member, one day I decided to give it a shot, after bumping into it time after time, looked it up in the better bussines bureau and they have A classification.

I send them music in 2 genres mainly, instrumental guitar rock, and more laid back rock that I co-write with my brothers. I've gotten objective reviews about the music, as well as what it need or it lacks for a certain listing.

My guitar instrumental stuff, has been forwarded, IRQ10 (the tune I'm giving away for free) is one of them, it has gotten good reviews, and has been forwarded to publishing companies.

I have been contacted by 1 company so far interested in my music, nothing has happened yet, but maybe soon you will start hearing my tunes as background music in some show, commercial, or something like that. From what I have found, it pays little but little by little you get more contacts and money comes with it.

Like with everything, it takes hard work, and it feels a little disappointing when you get a review telling you that it is missing this, or that.

Not saying you should do it, or not do it, but if you go for it I wouldn't have all my hopes there, I play with my brother's band, go out and play live as much as I can, win a few fans here and there, taxi for me is just one more way to put share my music with more ears, and hopefully ears with contacts in the industry.

Just sharing my experience.

--------------------
Check out my Video Lessons
Visit my Instructor Board
Visit MySpace

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Feb 11 2009, 07:14 PM
Instructor
Thanks for the info Jose!
When you submit a track to one of their opportunities, do you have to pay each time you do so?
Also, do you send the track via regular mail or mp3?
Is there an additional fee for mp3 submitions?

--------------------
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
Jose Mena
Feb 12 2009, 02:37 PM
Instructor
You can submit by mail or upload mp3. it costs $5 per song.

This post has been edited by Jose Mena: Feb 12 2009, 02:38 PM

--------------------
Check out my Video Lessons
Visit my Instructor Board
Visit MySpace

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Feb 12 2009, 03:13 PM
Instructor
Thanks for the reply Jose. :-)
Good luck to you, I hope you get great deals with that! :-)

--------------------
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Feb 12 2009, 03:31 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Well, it's just 5$ for each song, if I eventually get my songs well produced and everything, I could even try this

Thanks for sharing

--------------------
Currently Practicing

Rhythm: Finnish Power Metal III: Nightwish
Legato: Ben's Land Of Legato
Alternate Picking: Alternate Picking Workout #5
Chords: Chord Melody Technique

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Feb 12 2009, 03:55 PM
Instructor
Seems worth trying, thanks for info guys! smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:24 PM