Live Clips With My Band!
mhskeide
May 21 2011, 11:35 PM
Accomplished Tone Guru
Hi guys!
I just wanted to share some videos with you, from our latest concert smile.gif
Sorry about the sound... it`s just recorded with a standard hand held camera, but I hope you still can enjoy biggrin.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTNNrf-g_cI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Axca16n1s4Y

Check us out on facebook as well smile.gif http://www.facebook.com/pages/Øreverk/149715471755223

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Take your music seriously, but not yourself
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 4)
Ivan Milenkovic
May 22 2011, 12:03 PM
Instructor
That's a great stage presence, looks very cool! smile.gif

The sound isn't that great, but it's normal if it's from the camcoder.

In the future, when recording gigs, try to lend a camcoder that has built-in limiter. You can check the specs on the manufacturer's site, and see if there is some kind of compressor/limiter on the cam. This will result in better sound.

Other solution that I used on tons of gigs and rehearsals might be to record directly from the mixer on laptop via this or similar cable:

You can use Sound Forge to record and compress the audio. Then mix it with audio signal from the cam (if it's any good) for adding audience and such (they won't be heard or will be very quiet in dry mixer audio).

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
mhskeide
May 22 2011, 06:40 PM
Accomplished Tone Guru
Sounds like a great idea! I have seen it before, but never thought about it, and how simple and cheap solution that is for better sound smile.gif I will try that on the next gig if I get my hands on that cable until then. Thanks!

--------------------
Take your music seriously, but not yourself

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
May 22 2011, 08:07 PM
Instructor
Glad to help mate! smile.gif

As an additional advice, if you know in what club you're playing, it may be wise to go there and ask tone technician what type of outputs he can give you on the mixer. Some mixers don't have 6.3mm mono jacks, they have XLR outs (specially digital ones). So it would be better to check it out. However, most of analog mixers have mono 6.3mm jacks.

Another thing is to put laptop on outlet power, and place it so it doesn't get too much vibration from PA system, cause that can cause the laptop to freeze (happened to me couple of times biggrin.gif )

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
May 22 2011, 10:06 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Great to see you rocking out on stage! smile.gif

Have have some great attitude man! cool.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 05:27 AM