> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Bascuthach's Scales
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 24 2012, 09:29 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Bas Cuthach @ Dec 24 2012, 05:44 AM) *
dry.gif do what... huh.gif blink.gif First I must master the sound and master the timing and I don't like bends making this not really my style... sad.gif I can try to get the sound as close as I can and I can practice it and get better timing down biggrin.gif wink.gif I can even try to write something using the same Idea cool.gif can I use the backing to write to? and also can you suggest some other lessons for me to check out? biggrin.gif

Sure mate! Use the backing and take your time smile.gif This stuff doesn't come to you like an apple pie smile.gif You have to grow the apple tree first tongue.gif

I would TOTALLY recommend you to start getting into bending and vibrato - these are the defining elements in one's playing which you mustn't avoid or neglect, so that being said, please take a look over these lessons and try to learn them and come up with recordings on which we can discuss smile.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Beginn...String-Bending/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/String-Bending/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Bens-Vibrato-Odyssey/

What do you think?

Cosmin

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bas Cuthach
Mar 8 2013, 02:01 AM
GMC:er
It has been a minute since we have spoken, well as I was trying to fix an issue with the computer today as I was watching your live chat, I discovered something that had been haunting me for the last 2 years, now I dont have to bounce between 2 computers, I can stay on one and do my recordings, and now that I have been getting better I would like to work on on song, I have lots of good Ideas but I want to put something together, I understand that parts will be taken out and rewritten, and things will be added, I want to take it one step at a time and I want your help, 120bpm, Em/GM scale, I have an intro I have been working on, but not sure where to take it, I will record it and upload it with tabs soon, let me know what you think

here is the sound of it and tabs

[attachment=31049:Untitled_Song.mp3]

[attachment=31050:Untitled.pdf]

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 8 2013, 11:36 AM
Instructor
Hey mate - here's a brief structure for the verse and pre-chorus of the song - I heard them and thought I'd share them with you:

* it's still processing so, it might take a little bit till it's ready smile.gif

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Mar 8 2013, 11:36 AM

+Quote Post
Bas Cuthach
Mar 8 2013, 04:49 PM
It sounds like a good rhythm, Im not sure how you would tie it all together, do I keep repeating the intro piece I made, do I fade it out, do I add different chords and keep the same pattern, do I change the pattern all in all, lead it into something else, lots of Ideas

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 8 2013, 10:57 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Bas Cuthach @ Mar 8 2013, 03:49 PM) *
It sounds like a good rhythm, Im not sure how you would tie it all together, do I keep repeating the intro piece I made, do I fade it out, do I add different chords and keep the same pattern, do I change the pattern all in all, lead it into something else, lots of Ideas

Hey mate smile.gif This is a suggestion - it doesn't have to stay like this at all if you find it different and straying from what you already had in mind. I just tried to give you a little impulse wink.gif But my suggestion would be - try it and see how it fits smile.gif

+Quote Post
Bas Cuthach
Mar 9 2013, 05:14 AM
How do I make it fit? what sounds might I choose? I slowed it and tried playing it like you but I can't seem to make it fit, can you give me a demo of you playing to it, I have no idea for where I want this to go, I am open to suggestions, the theme is "Metallica" is the sound Im really after, but if I could write one real song I can write many more the way I want, but my style is another story, also I have nothing in mind about what this should sound like

This post has been edited by Bas Cuthach: Mar 9 2013, 05:16 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 9 2013, 12:54 PM
Instructor
Hey Bas, gimme some time and I'll try to cook something up for you using your part and my part, k?

+Quote Post
Bas Cuthach
Mar 11 2013, 04:12 AM
I hope to write one real song, not just noise over noise

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 11 2013, 03:24 PM
Instructor
Hey mate smile.gif Have a little go at this:

+Quote Post
Bas Cuthach
Mar 11 2013, 06:26 PM
ok here is what I have going so far, I decided to tab it out, witch is not as easy as playing so it is close to the original idea, give it a go and let me know what you think Song this is a tux Guitar file, I can get it in GP5 , GP4 if you would like

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 12 2013, 02:22 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Bas Cuthach @ Mar 11 2013, 05:26 PM) *
ok here is what I have going so far, I decided to tab it out, witch is not as easy as playing so it is close to the original idea, give it a go and let me know what you think Song this is a tux Guitar file, I can get it in GP5 , GP4 if you would like

Hey mate - can you send it to me in a guitar pro format? 4 or 5 would be great as i can't open this one sad.gif

+Quote Post
Bas Cuthach
Mar 12 2013, 03:57 PM
ok, here it is, Guitar Pro 5 file,

Song

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 13 2013, 03:38 PM
Instructor
Hey Bas! I listened to it and I think it's very good man! biggrin.gif I like the fact that you didn't take things literally and came up with your own stuff - that's exactly what you need to do - draw inspiration from me and apply it in your own way smile.gif

Next step - the chorus - any ideas? smile.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Bas Cuthach
Mar 21 2013, 09:43 PM
well, here is the remake of the "The Song" , this is what Im calling it now lol

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 22 2013, 09:00 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Bas Cuthach @ Mar 21 2013, 08:43 PM) *
well, here is the remake of the "The Song" , this is what Im calling it now lol

Hey Bas - I am trying to access the link but it still says I am not allowed to access it ... Please upload it in the old fashioned way by using the green upload button in the lower right corner of the message editor.

+Quote Post
Bas Cuthach
Mar 22 2013, 03:43 PM
well that was how I uploaded it, then I went to remove it to re upload it and it was not there, even though I had tested the link to make sure it would open, anyways try this again [attachment=31261:The_Song.mp3]

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 23 2013, 08:07 AM
Instructor
Hey Bas - sounds like it's taking shape here man smile.gif Congrats!

My suggestion right now would be to come up with more parts for it and variate the dynamics - I also noticed a large portion towards the middle which is empty - what are you planning to do there?

+Quote Post
Bas Cuthach
Mar 23 2013, 05:47 PM
what dynamics? ok so some singing and an added lead/rhythm guitar, here is the midi file [attachment=31273:The_Song.mid] ,

So it turns out this week in college "Introduction To Music Production" I will be studying Dynamics, and how changing the volume of sounds can make a difference, well I did learn about this in "Introduction To Digital Sound" although some words and there meanings where forgotten, Im not sure how I would change the Dynamics of this Song

This post has been edited by Bas Cuthach: Mar 24 2013, 03:35 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 24 2013, 06:18 PM
Instructor
Howdy Bas! Mate - it's a great things that you will study that sort of stuff! I really think that taking this course was a great decision and it will affect your musical journey in a positive way. Now what I was referring to as in dynamics, was actually a row of changes and small details in a song structure - melodic, harmonic or rhythmic by nature - that make the song unpredictable and captivating for the listener smile.gif Have you thought about that sort of stuff? I noticed that the middle part brings in some changes but, you should sprinkle in the other parts some more details - that's what I was actually thinking about. Keep pushing this one - I think it can turn out very nicely!

+Quote Post
Bas Cuthach
Sep 30 2014, 02:46 PM
Long Time no type lol , i just went over the stuff, and will have to do it again, and then maybe get back on this band wagon and see how much further we can push it =D .... i been looking into melody and recapping on things i learned and trying to see what new i can learn, like a bridge is not needed but can make the song that more enjoyable , just some food for thought wink.gif

i have been working in Ohm Studio if you would like to join on my projects, here is my latest project that im working on

https://soundcloud.com/bascuthach/light-my-way

This post has been edited by Bas Cuthach: Sep 30 2014, 03:26 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:24 PM