Shrenchunk's Bootcamp, Prepare For Battle!!!!!
Todd Simpson
May 12 2015, 07:59 PM
GMC:er
Welcome to SHRED BOOTCAMP! I'll be your Drill Instructor! And I do mean DRILL! As in a large power tool used in slasher films and Paul Gilbert concerts. Here is were you EARN THE LIVING DEATH out of your fingers and break through any speed bumps/barriers to become a MASTER CHIEF of Shred!

MISSON #1

THE MISSION

1.)Your mission is to go all the way back to the very start. The base of the mountain.

LESSON 1. http://bitly.com/gmclesson1

Which you will play SLOWWWWWWLLY, very SLOWWWLLLLYYYY until you master it at a crawl (As You'll Do With Each Mission, and focus on left hand FORM! Make it SUPER PERFECT!). Speed it up bit by bit until you feel your ready to take it to WAR (Any speed, it's up to you) Shoot a video and post it as a reply to this post. I'll then offer a constructive and brutally honest critique.

THE AFTERMATH

Upon nailing the crap out of lesson one at a speed you didn't think possible, and playing it a clean as a freshly waxed floor, you will be given your first insignia of Rank in BOOTCAMP!

Here is the link to your own PRIVATE HOUSE OF PAIN!...Er I mean.. SHRED!

http://bitly.com/shrednchunksbootcamp

Practice!
Todd

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: May 12 2015, 08:00 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ShredNChunk
May 13 2015, 10:41 AM
Hey Todd

Thanks buddy. Ok, i'll just introduce myself.

Im 35 years and live in Denmark with my wife and 2 kids (age 5 and 9).

Im working professionaly as a software developer.

I picked up the guitar when i was 16, by trading a couple of big speakers for a BC Rich Ironbird. I quickly learned my way around the guitar. i was playing classics like metallica, irong maiden, slayer etc.
I was very quick to pick up the rhythm parts of songs, but i never really did get into lead playing / solos. I think i was simply too lazy. Every time i encountered a solo in a song i was like "Oh this sounds hard. I'll skip this."
Quickly i became a very proficient rhythm player, but when trying to do lead playing it would sound like a 2 year old banging on a keyboard.

Around 3 years after starting i was playing in a melodic death metal band as rhythm guitarist.
I was fortunate enough to be part of one professional release. Heres a song from the album, which i could find on youtube.

Around 2002 the band and i parted ways, and i lost interest in guitar playing. I was playing on and off for years. And i still hadn't learned anything lead related. Fast forward around 2012 my interest for playing the guitar re-emerged. I found myself a nice Ibanez and set myself for a quest of finally getting the lead part down. Im still good at rhythm playing and i still suck at lead playing.

So this is where you come in, Todd. I wanna learn this shit, once and for all. I am very determined.

I think my biggest problem is left/right synchronization and partly finger independence, mainly between ring and pinky.

My longterm goal is being able to stuff like Yngwie.

My short(ish) term goal is being able to play the solos from Metallica classics, like master of puppets, outro of fade to black (beautiful imo).

Musical preference:

Metallica (My first love)
Death (Simply brilliant)
In flames (Old in flames, beautiful melodic guitar playing)
Cannibal Corpse (Never gonna learn this, and its OK)
Pantera
Dissection
Necrophagist
Yngwie Malmsteen

Gear:
Ibanez RG321MH With emg 81(cool.gif and 58(N), graphtech nut, Earnie ball 10-52 (Skinny top, heavy bottom)
Bugera 333 + 4x12" V30s
Peavey Vypyr 30
Apogee Jam + Jamup Pro (iOS)
Line6 Guitar port
Pick: Dunlop Tortex Purple

So yeah, here i am!

Regards
Jay Jay

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by ShredNChunk: May 13 2015, 11:42 AM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 14 2015, 02:16 AM
You have come to the right place!! Lead playing, hand synch, picking, etc. is what I"m all about wink.gif These MISSIONS will guide you on your way to becoming a LEAD MONSTER!!! Thanks much for the background info. I think you are going to do well in BOOT CAMP!!!!!

Start with lesson 1. It's very very very simple. Just something to get you going. The first several lessons are Dead Level Beginner stuff. But they impart crucial skills that we will build on. JUMP IN THE FIRE SOLDIER!!!

SARGE

Attached Image

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th March 2024 - 07:04 AM