Essential Novice Solos
grathan
Oct 6 2008, 05:05 PM
GMC:er
I'm looking for some ideas of some awesome solos that someone with basic skills at soloing could learn to play.

These are some examples of kinda what I'm kinda looking for:

Stairway to Heaven
Comfortably Numb
Every Rose has it's Thorn
Novermber Rain
Hells Bells
Goodbye to Romance

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 6)
Emir Hot
Oct 6 2008, 05:38 PM
Instructor
I think there are many lessons which can give you some guidelines of possible licks and phrases used in solos you mentioned. I would like to be able to upload some from your list but unfortunalety we can't upload protected songs due to copyright issues. If you want the exact piece of music, there are many GP files available on the web.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
grathan
Oct 6 2008, 05:53 PM
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Oct 6 2008, 12:38 PM) *
I think there are many lessons which can give you some guidelines of possible licks and phrases used in solos you mentioned. I would like to be able to upload some from your list but unfortunalety we can't upload protected songs due to copyright issues. If you want the exact piece of music, there are many GP files available on the web.

Right, I'm just looking for specific song ideas to load into GP. Know any?

+Quote Post
Fullmetal_Tmd
Oct 6 2008, 06:45 PM
I can recommend a few solos, but it kinds of depends on your skills. are a guitarist? are you now just learrning the basics of the guitar, or do you already have experience underneath your belt? what kind of music are you into? it would help to know those facts first before recommending something. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Jose Mena
Oct 6 2008, 08:39 PM
Instructor
Some of my first solos were

Patience - Guns n Roses
Don't Cry - Guns n Roses
Welcome to the Jungle - Guns n Roses
The first solo of Sultans of Swing - Dire Straits, although I never did it the right way (I always used a pick)
Samba Pa ti - Carlos Santana

Some great melodic songs that have awesome leads, are Joe Satriani's not the solos, but the lead melody guitar on

summer song
Always with me, Always with you
Flying in a blue dream

Again as a beginner, I would only play the verses, which are slow and very melodic, of course later on Satriani will do virtuoso lead work that is not for beginners, but the other sections are fun and fairly easy.

This is how I started, hope it helps

--------------------
Check out my Video Lessons
Visit my Instructor Board
Visit MySpace

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Oct 6 2008, 09:26 PM
Instructor
Black Magic Woman - Santana

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
grathan
Oct 7 2008, 02:15 AM
Thanks, those are some great solos you guys suggested. smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 02:00 AM