6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Should Marijuana Be Legalized?
Palacios
Feb 10 2014, 03:55 AM
Learning Roadie
Hi classmates,
I'm from California; so this isn't even an issue. I got a $50 ticket the other day for smoking a cigarette outside. Yep; that's against the law here. On the other hand if you smoke weed here; it's not even a fine. thank you Govenor Arnold Swarzenegger. Believe me; just walk around San Francisco, and you smell it everywhere. In fact for $100; you can legally grow, sell, and use it here. Europeans this is only ok in certain states; don't try this in the Bible belt, or you'll get locked up. I was in Europe for three month last Summer, and I noticed Spain has similar laws as California. In fact while in San Sebastian and Barcelona; I noticed they have pot shops all over the place. They didn't have any problem smoking it in public, and it was the only way they would talk to an American. lol. Italy and France were similar, but I don't know if it is legal there. So is it really such a horrible thing that we need to lock people up in the US, and turn them into hardened criminals?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Hajduk
Feb 10 2014, 04:17 AM
Learning Rock Star
I don't personally care for Pot( marijuana) but here in Canada, especially Vancouver, BC, we are known for our Skunk weed as they call it and yeah if you have under 15 grams its a slap on the wrist, they throw it out on you.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Tomislav

+Quote Post
Mertay
Feb 10 2014, 07:00 AM
GMC:er
Never liked it personally, funny I never spent money on it either as always someone offered smile.gif

The thing thats argued I believe is there is a strong possibility it leads to harder, chemical drugs. To be honest pretty much everybody I know who smoked regularly proved this sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
Feb 10 2014, 07:48 AM
QUOTE (Mertay @ Feb 10 2014, 01:00 AM) *
Never liked it personally, funny I never spent money on it either as always someone offered smile.gif

The thing thats argued I believe is there is a strong possibility it leads to harder, chemical drugs. To be honest pretty much everybody I know who smoked regularly proved this sad.gif

I don't care what drugs people do as long as it doesn't effect me. Do it in your own home on your time and we are cool. Because to me if drugs are banned I think that drinking alcohol should be as well. In my area its an old steel mill town, so all you have is drunks.

But if they did legalize weed, it would be nice if they gave the revenue to schools and gave the kids a better education.

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez S770PB (Natural Flat) , Ibanez XPT700 (Chameleon) , Sterling J Richardson Signature , Squire IV Jazz Bass (Sunburst)
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Feb 10 2014, 08:24 AM
Learning Tone Master

I don't care if it's legal or not. In my country even if it's not legal you can find to buy everywhere. But IMHO would not be a good idea for teenagers because they don't have limit and make some abuses.
I never understand where is the pleasure to smoke weed. I don't need some boost to feel good.
I'm a very funny person and I always laugh, so I guess I'm "high" every day without some chemical stuff to make that mood biggrin.gif
But I must recognize that I tried once (because I'm a person most curios than a cat) but the effect wasn't what I believed. Just I laughed without reason like a stupid for 30 minutes laugh.gif laugh.gif So....not a "wow" mood tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 10 2014, 08:40 AM
Instructor
I think that as everything that is big 'NO NO' the more of a 'NO NO' you make it, the more tempting it will be to do that particular thing. It's in our nature to want to 'break the law'. I cannot pronounce myself in respect to the idea of legalizing or not, simply because I haven't yet found a particular balance between the pluses and the minuses involved. It's an open discussion.

+Quote Post
bleez
Feb 10 2014, 09:32 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Yes it probably should be legal.

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Headbanger
Feb 10 2014, 09:46 AM
Legalize it !!! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Headbanger: Feb 10 2014, 09:47 AM

+Quote Post
Palacios
Feb 10 2014, 09:46 AM
Learning Roadie
I think so to. The US locks up almost half our population by the age of 26. I don't think we need to be spending any more money than we have to. Why spend it on locking them up for something they're probably gonna grow out of.

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Feb 10 2014, 10:02 AM
To be honest, meh i don't really care.

Even though like 90% of my friends do it, i have never felt the need to try it, besides ..i really can't take the smell. it makes me nauseous.

This post has been edited by MonkeyDAthos: Feb 10 2014, 10:05 AM

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Feb 10 2014, 11:29 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (SpaseMoonkey @ Feb 10 2014, 06:48 AM) *
I don't care what drugs people do as long as it doesn't effect me. Do it in your own home on your time and we are cool. Because to me if drugs are banned I think that drinking alcohol should be as well. In my area its an old steel mill town, so all you have is drunks.

But if they did legalize weed, it would be nice if they gave the revenue to schools and gave the kids a better education.

I'm with you on this. People are going to do what they are going to do.

Good point about the alcohol.. this is abused as much, if not more than, anything else. Because it's socially acceptable it's considered the norm to drink every day after work. It dulls the pain of everyday existence for the working man. You can't blame anybody for getting that way.. life is tough.. but if that's as acceptable for the everyman to spend his evenings in a semi drunken haze then you just as well say it's ok to shoot up ?

About the weed, it doesn't affect me as I don't do it.. but I do think the medical properties of the marijuana plant should be explored and utilised legally without constraint by the governments.

+Quote Post
Mertay
Feb 10 2014, 02:44 PM
QUOTE (SpaseMoonkey @ Feb 10 2014, 06:48 AM) *

Actually keeping it illegal is more profiting for whoever sells it and what if I told you CIA controls the trafficing in USA? smile.gif

This post has been edited by Mertay: Feb 10 2014, 02:45 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Palacios
Feb 10 2014, 04:55 PM
Learning Roadie
The problem is: The drug cartels, prisons, police, terrorists, and politicians make more money for it being illegal. I'm surprised nobody is upset about me paying a $50 fine for smoking a cigarette outside. When I visit Europe; I feel so wrong smoking cigarettes at a cafe. lol.

+Quote Post
klasaine
Feb 10 2014, 05:02 PM
QUOTE (Palacios @ Feb 10 2014, 12:46 AM) *
I think so to. The US locks up almost half our population by the age of 26. I don't think we need to be spending any more money than we have to. Why spend it on locking them up for something they're probably gonna grow out of.

Slow down. Time for some facts ...

1) The prison population in the states, while very high compared to most other countries, is just under 3 million. Our current population in the states is hovering at 350,000,000 persons.

2) In CA a med. marijuana card costs - per year - between $60 and $150 depending on the county. A renewal is between $40 and $100. *That doesn't count the cost of the doctor visit/perscription to get your first card.

This post has been edited by klasaine: Feb 10 2014, 05:08 PM

+Quote Post
Timmez
Feb 10 2014, 05:06 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I think its a problem everywhere.

I live in holland we can legally buy weed and smoke it in the coffeeshops.

We cant smoke it on the street because then you have to pay 140 euro.

The weir thing by us is that is not legal for coffeeshops to buy the weed. But its legal to sell the weed.

So they know that the coffeeshops buy the weed illigal but they don,t make an problem of it.

But for me its not a big deal.

I maybe smoke hasjies once in a week and it didnt controll my life but everyone has his own vision.

smile.gif

GRtzz

+Quote Post
gregc1
Feb 10 2014, 05:41 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (klasaine @ Feb 10 2014, 04:02 PM) *

1) The prison population in the states, while very high compared to most other countries, is just under 3 million. Our current population in the states is hovering at 350,000,000 persons.

That stat made me do a double take too.

It's not legal to buy/sell/smoke in any way here in Florida but I personally don't have a problem with legalization. If hard liquor is considered perfectly legal I just can't justify why weed shouldn't be.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Palacios
Feb 10 2014, 05:50 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (klasaine @ Feb 10 2014, 08:02 AM) *

2) In CA a med. marijuana card costs - per year - between $60 and $150 depending on the county. A renewal is between $40 and $100. *That doesn't count the cost of the doctor visit/perscription to get your first card.

My statistic isn't about the current prison population; which you are right is very high; it's people who will be in jail at some point in their lives. smile.gif I unfortunately wouldn't need to get a card if i wanted to get high; my neighbors smoke that stuff so much all I need to do is open my window.lol. My neighbor told me he paid $100, and he got a pot card. I'm not condemning marijuana. Hell; I'd probably smoke it if my job didn't randomly test us. I'm guessing it's similar to Southern CA.

+Quote Post
klasaine
Feb 10 2014, 06:10 PM
QUOTE (Palacios @ Feb 10 2014, 08:50 AM) *
My statistic isn't about the current prison population; which you are right is very high; it's people who will be in jail at some point in their lives. smile.gif I unfortunately wouldn't need to get a card if i wanted to get high; my neighbors smoke that stuff so much all I need to do is open my window.lol. My neighbor told me he paid $100, and he got a pot card. I'm not condemning marijuana. Hell; I'd probably smoke it if my job didn't randomly test us. I'm guessing it's similar to Southern CA.

laugh.gif Half of all the population of the USA does not go to jail at 'some point in their life'.
And of course no one needs a card to get high. If you don't do it in the middle of the street in broad daylight and you're over 21 no one, including the cops, gives a damn anymore - which is how it should be.

This post has been edited by klasaine: Feb 10 2014, 06:11 PM

+Quote Post
wrk
Feb 10 2014, 06:11 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (tflava @ Feb 10 2014, 05:06 PM) *
The weir thing by us is that is not legal for coffeeshops to buy the weed. But its legal to sell the weed.

Interesting, i didn’t know that .. that is indeed weird ohmy.gif

How is the distribution organised in holland, from where comes all that weed?

+Quote Post
Palacios
Feb 10 2014, 06:19 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (klasaine @ Feb 10 2014, 09:10 AM) *
laugh.gif Half of all the population of the USA does not go to jail at 'some point in their life'.
And of course no one needs a card to get high. If you don't do it in the middle of the street in broad daylight and you're over 21 no one, including the cops, gives a damn anymore - which is how it should be.

It shocked me to friend. I'm unfortunately not making it up. Check out this ABC News link. smile.gif
http://abcnews.go.com/Health/arrests-incre...ory?id=15180222

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:37 PM