2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Andy Timmons Electric Gypsy Cover, Andy Timmons Electric Gypsy Cover
Jim S.
Aug 19 2013, 11:30 AM
Learning Rock Star
Yeah definately, I really thank you for being patient with my questions and leading me toward a better tone. I've got some experimenting to do and some well deserved practice!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sumitnxt
Aug 19 2013, 01:53 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
i am nobody to judge but i thought it was awesome smile.gif
I also liked the recording both audio and video. smile.gif smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Jim S.
Aug 20 2013, 12:58 AM
Learning Rock Star
I responded this morning but I guess it never went through. Everything has been perfect sense and I took your advice. Turns out my amp had plenty of gain, 150w tube I never tried adjusting it. I only put that board if front and gave up.

Best advice on this site was right here in this post.

I boosted the preamp up to 6-7 and turned post gain down.

With volume knob on guitar around half and no tube screamer I have a very nice clean.

Increase the volume and add the screamer and Voila! Very clear high gain distortion just like I want.

So now I have to get used to having all these different configurations with just my volume knob!

Super pumped thanks so much I never knew my equipment could do this!

QUOTE (sumitnxt @ Aug 19 2013, 08:53 AM) *
i am nobody to judge but i thought it was awesome smile.gif
I also liked the recording both audio and video. smile.gif smile.gif

Nice! Thank you man!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 20 2013, 11:31 AM
Instructor
Hey there Jim - once again, I am glad i could help you get through with this smile.gif

I was sure that with a tube amp and the tube screamer you could make up a good tone biggrin.gif Let's hear some recordings mate!!

+Quote Post
Jim S.
Aug 20 2013, 03:01 PM
Learning Rock Star
https://www.dropbox.com/s/uja8ulut719wxhb/tone3.aif

Alright this is just the amp and my guitar no computer eq or compressor.

Its not flashy or composed but it does give an idea of the capabilities that I have.

Playing it through my computer speakers seem to clip at times, either way Im pretty excited about this smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 21 2013, 09:11 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Jim Seekford @ Aug 20 2013, 02:01 PM) *
https://www.dropbox.com/s/uja8ulut719wxhb/tone3.aif

Alright this is just the amp and my guitar no computer eq or compressor.

Its not flashy or composed but it does give an idea of the capabilities that I have.

Playing it through my computer speakers seem to clip at times, either way Im pretty excited about this smile.gif

Wow - at 0:12 sounds just Lars Haavard's tone:

I think it's nice and you have some very nicely articulated notes - there's a lot of potential there mate smile.gif So, what would be next on your agenda? Playing wise, of course smile.gif

+Quote Post
Jim S.
Aug 21 2013, 11:46 AM
Learning Rock Star
Thanks Cosmin, my plan is to learn some of my favorite songs or even the bits I want. Since learning Andy's song I can start to hear and see myself phrasing. As long as I have played I never took time to learn any covers. Specifically I'd like to work on my ear. I believe learning songs by ear will help me do that.

Technically I'm working on two things, clean 16th notes over 2or3 NPS patterns and Tapping with my picking hand fingers.

I'm working on learning a Leonardo Guzman solo, it's only 50 sec but it it's jammed with multiple styles of techniques that I have never tried. After studying some covers I'd like to begin writing my own music again.

Wow that is a nice sounding guitar, nice hybrid picking and a cool melody. Thanks for sharing that! Celtic country has always intrigued me a bit

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 22 2013, 12:17 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Jim Seekford @ Aug 21 2013, 10:46 AM) *
Thanks Cosmin, my plan is to learn some of my favorite songs or even the bits I want. Since learning Andy's song I can start to hear and see myself phrasing. As long as I have played I never took time to learn any covers. Specifically I'd like to work on my ear. I believe learning songs by ear will help me do that.

Technically I'm working on two things, clean 16th notes over 2or3 NPS patterns and Tapping with my picking hand fingers.

I'm working on learning a Leonardo Guzman solo, it's only 50 sec but it it's jammed with multiple styles of techniques that I have never tried. After studying some covers I'd like to begin writing my own music again.

Wow that is a nice sounding guitar, nice hybrid picking and a cool melody. Thanks for sharing that! Celtic country has always intrigued me a bit

Hey mate - sounds like you are pretty busy biggrin.gif Indeed, sorting out songs, is a miracle workout for the ear!

How about posting a recording of that solo from the Guzman dude? smile.gif I would be curious!

+Quote Post
Jim S.
Aug 22 2013, 01:50 PM
Learning Rock Star
I will do as soon as I finish it!

http://youtu.be/4nUPNmEr6KI

That is the original

I'm getting into his opening tapping sequence. Hearing it I found a cmin7 with a couple walks up the scale. But what is neat is how he enlongates the pattern making the right hand access the notes. I only have 22 frets so some of it I need to

Play differently. I'm working it out real slowly. It's challenging and fun and there is no boring tab to look at.

I appreciate tab to certain things but I could never get the different phrases looking at tabs. Learning much faster slowing it down, listening and watching the video!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 24 2013, 10:03 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Jim Seekford @ Aug 22 2013, 12:50 PM) *
I will do as soon as I finish it!

http://youtu.be/4nUPNmEr6KI

That is the original

I'm getting into his opening tapping sequence. Hearing it I found a cmin7 with a couple walks up the scale. But what is neat is how he enlongates the pattern making the right hand access the notes. I only have 22 frets so some of it I need to

Play differently. I'm working it out real slowly. It's challenging and fun and there is no boring tab to look at.

I appreciate tab to certain things but I could never get the different phrases looking at tabs. Learning much faster slowing it down, listening and watching the video!

Very nice! Mate - the secret with the tabs is that, as I said before here at GMC - they will only show you where to place your fingers but not WHEN to do it smile.gif That's why a slow downer software can be of MUCH greater help and it will also help you train your ears!

Looking forward to see the result smile.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:29 AM