Reaper + Amplitube (dry Sound)
JohnMathew
Oct 28 2015, 06:24 PM
GMC:er
Hi,

I have a little problem with Amplitube and reaper. I want to be able to hear my guitar with fx right inside reaper but the only thing I get is a dry sound. If I record some chords I can see how the amplitube effect is added to the recorded track but no in real time. Is there any way to accomplish this?

P.D: I own a Docusrite Scarlett 2i4.

Cheers.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 6)
Todd Simpson
Oct 28 2015, 07:58 PM
Are you launching AMPLITUDE inside reaper as a plugin or are you launching Amplitude then starting reaper? This happens with lots of folks at first. Make sure you launch your plugins inside reaper. Then turn on monitoring and it should work smile.gif

QUOTE (JohnMathew @ Oct 28 2015, 01:24 PM) *
Hi,

I have a little problem with Amplitube and reaper. I want to be able to hear my guitar with fx right inside reaper but the only thing I get is a dry sound. If I record some chords I can see how the amplitube effect is added to the recorded track but no in real time. Is there any way to accomplish this?

P.D: I own a Docusrite Scarlett 2i4.

Cheers.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
JohnMathew
Oct 28 2015, 10:19 PM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Oct 28 2015, 06:58 PM) *
Are you launching AMPLITUDE inside reaper as a plugin or are you launching Amplitude then starting reaper? This happens with lots of folks at first. Make sure you launch your plugins inside reaper. Then turn on monitoring and it should work smile.gif

Hi Todd,

Thanks for taking the time of answering.

I ussually use Amplitube in stand alone form. But now I want to use it inside reaper.

The test I made was using Amplitube inside Reaper. I added a new track and selected Amplitube as the FX for the track. The track is armed and the FX active. As I explained, if I play only dry sound is obtained. If I record the sound is affected by the FX (I can hear the distorted guitar after recording and playing the track).

When I get into Amplitube the input meter shows 0 signal :/. When I use it in standalone I can see how the input signal is the correct one and everything is ok.

Any help is welcomed.

Cheers.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 29 2015, 03:59 PM
Instructor
Hi Mate, I don't use Reaper so I can really help you but this must be related to some kind of monitor setting. Please check it the signal is going to the right channel and if you can hear your guitar first without amplitude, and then with it.

Some videos that can help:

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 30 2015, 03:58 AM
Great vids from GABE!! It does sound like a monitoring issue. Give us a breakdown of your signla path and gear?

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Oct 29 2015, 10:59 AM) *
Hi Mate, I don't use Reaper so I can really help you but this must be related to some kind of monitor setting. Please check it the signal is going to the right channel and if you can hear your guitar first without amplitude, and then with it.

Some videos that can help:

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Oct 30 2015, 12:32 PM
Learning Tone Master
I think you will need to arm your guitar track for record , and then right click the record button, a window should pop up and you will need to check the monitor input

+Quote Post
JohnMathew
Nov 1 2015, 09:17 PM
Hi guys!,

Thanks a lot for all the help.

I finally achieve it. My error was creating a regular track instead of a virtual instrument one (dumb!).

Now everything is working correctly.

Thanks!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 05:48 AM