2 Pages V  < 1 2  
The Dark Lord Collab, Audio Collab
Ben Higgins
Sep 23 2013, 04:43 PM
Instructor
FINAL MIX

Hail comrades ! Ze final mix is in !

Attached File  Dark_Lord_Final_Mix.mp3 ( 6.42MB ) Number of downloads: 265

Dark Dude - some sexy licks in there towards the end - would love to see them played on a video to see what's going on with the sweeps wink.gif That's quite a savage tone on the ears tho, a bit trebly !?! Love the Satch legato licks too !

Gitarrero - Have I heard that opening riff somewhere before ? It sounds familiar... ph34r.gif There's some good stuff in here, Hef.. it does have a tendency to meander though so don't forget to find those nice chord tones to give your melodies more KRAFT !

WeePee - Very nice, Scando B*stardo ! It's good that you highlighted the flat 5th too. The bluesy approach really works well, seeing as it's an Iommi inspried backing !

Ulrik - I like the double tracked solo.. it adds thickness to the tone and is just a good effect overall. Like Gitarrero, some lines can be meandering so finding the chord tones will help you.. but those wild bends and bleeding notes are a great touch !

I think it's fair to say that most of us improvise our takes on the spot for most of the collabs so we can be forgiven for not picking totally amazing melodies all the time. When you sit down and compose something, it's easier to create melodies and follow chord tones etc.. so if you ad-libbed your takes, don't take my criticisms to heart too much. But it's well worth bearing in mind for compositional purposes ! smile.gif

Thanks for being part of this collab !!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
dark_dude
Sep 23 2013, 05:03 PM
GMC:er
Hah, you put that together nice and quickly! biggrin.gif

The sweep is a standard 5 string minor sweep with the high E 24th and 22nd tapped (I may have also pulled off onto the open string after 24/22-19-15). Part near the end is a 3 nps pentatonic tapped lick with an extra note slapped on, over the E and B, as I'm sure you know, hehe.

Had to restrain myself to fill the thing with technical difficulties lead licks - which is where the Satch-style stuff comes from here.

On tone, I usually pick something that's acceptable and don't tweak it. Have very little experience in shaping tone (as when I've tried in the past, I couldn't get far), but will take note for the future, thanks!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
*Ibanez 2550E Prestige
*LTD EC-1000
*Squier bullet
----
*Roland Cube 30W
----
*Line 6 Pod Studio GX
My Practice Agenda

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Sep 23 2013, 05:35 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
zanks Ben!

Yeah, I also felt I was meanering a bit, maybe the backing track was too long or my imagination too weak. Nah, let's blame it on das backing track! tongue.gif

And no, you zis was not das riff you were looking for. Move along!

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Sep 23 2013, 05:46 PM
Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Sep 23 2013, 07:35 PM) *
And no, you zis was not das riff you were looking for. Move along!

Mentioning quotes from star wars, is he. rolleyes.gif

Yep, nice collab mix, again smile.gif Can we expect more ?? Collabs...

bitte ??

This post has been edited by WeePee: Sep 23 2013, 07:44 PM

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Sep 23 2013, 08:21 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Yeah well, nerds will love the quote.

And Ben actually owes us like 22 or even 23 collabs for all das Bier some angels sent him.

And these ducks demand a video collab. You don't wanna make them mad, do you?

This post has been edited by Gitarrero: Sep 23 2013, 08:37 PM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Sep 23 2013, 08:40 PM
Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Sep 23 2013, 10:21 PM) *
Yeah well, nerds will love the quote.

Hey !? I'm a nerd and proud of it wink.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Sep 24 2013, 09:10 AM
Instructor
The cat and ducks were not necessary.. I was already planning the next collab.

But... they did help biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
dark_dude
Sep 24 2013, 11:33 AM
Haha, you guys.

Can't wait for the next one : D

--------------------
*Ibanez 2550E Prestige
*LTD EC-1000
*Squier bullet
----
*Roland Cube 30W
----
*Line 6 Pod Studio GX
My Practice Agenda

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 24 2013, 10:51 PM
WELL DONE GUYS!!! They have a great point Benster!! It's time for a full on VIDEO COLLAB ALA BEN!!!!!

Todd

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Sep 24 2013, 04:10 AM) *
The cat and ducks were not necessary.. I was already planning the next collab.

But... they did help biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Ulrik
Sep 28 2013, 02:24 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Sep 23 2013, 05:43 PM) *
Ulrik Like Gitarrero, some lines can be meandering so finding the chord tones will help you.

Maybe you can elaborate? Do I use notes that are not fitting the chords or is it something else?

This post has been edited by Ulrik: Sep 28 2013, 02:24 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Sep 28 2013, 03:08 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ulrik @ Sep 28 2013, 02:24 PM) *
Maybe you can elaborate? Do I use notes that are not fitting the chords or is it something else?

I've just listened back to your take and I don't know what I was talking about ?! rolleyes.gif

Ignore what I said - I must have been tired that day dry.gif

+Quote Post
Ulrik
Sep 28 2013, 04:20 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Sep 28 2013, 04:08 PM) *
I've just listened back to your take and I don't know what I was talking about ?! rolleyes.gif

Ignore what I said - I must have been tired that day dry.gif

Thanks smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Trigger76
Jan 11 2016, 03:57 PM
Learning Roadie
Nice job lads, liked the little nod in there to Crazy Train around 59 secs in ;-). Some parts sound very Slayer too heheh good job.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:39 PM