> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

Anese's Thread, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 2 2015, 03:09 PM
Instructor
Hi Anese! Welcome to your thread for Gab's Army, my mentoring program. Here I will guide you with your guitar practice, creating routines, practice plans, giving feedback of your playing always based on your guitar goals and musical tastes.

Before we start I would like to know a bit more about you.

- How many time have you been playing guitar?
- Favorite guitarists, bands and musicians.
- What are your guitar goals?
- How would you like to you see yourself in 5 years (related to music and guitar)?
- How many time can you play guitar each day?
- Do you have playing live experience?
- Which are your strong and weak points with guitar?
- What do you know about music theory?
- Can you record videos of you playing?
- Share here audios and videos that reflect your current playing.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
17 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Anese
Mar 6 2015, 09:31 AM
Learning Roadie
Hello Gabriel
Thanks for accepting me in your monitoring program .
sorry for the late reply btw.
here's some of info about me that might help you.
- been playing guitar since 2008 at first I was playing only classical guitar
you can watch some of my crappy vids in the links below smile.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKVhBfCDSjQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPpHVtWyM_Q
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xqOFcgPaG0

I was always interested in electric guitar but unfortunately western music is not very popular where I live
so I was lucky to find someone who could teach me classic guitar just to get the basic knowledge of the instrument
then last year I decide to start looking on the internet to learn what I actually liked about the instrument.

I love a lot of kinds of music not only rock and metal
but in this area I like bands such as Manowar, Megadeth, Ironmaiden, Metallica, Sabbath, Dethklok,
zztop, the Georgia satellites, red hot chilli peppers, tenariwen, pinkfloyd, eric clapton, satriani, steve via. guns n roses I also like blues and folk metal but I cant recall any favorite band at the moment.
in five years from now .. I can't be specific about this but I surly want to grab my guitar and rock out real good ASAP smile.gif
maybe I'd start to make clean good covers of my favorite solos and bands .. compose some good solos and guitar riffs.. to upload on my channel !! since that's the only stage I can rely on where I live.

I can practice from 2 to 3 hrs everyday.

I havent played live before, no .. not even with my friends .. haven’t known anyone who share the same passion before.

what's my weakest and strongest points ? I guess I still know little about guitar to answer that properly.. but in a technical point of view .. Id say that my hands tends to sweat a little and that makes the whole playing experience uncomfortable .. but it doesn’t bother so much till now except in the summer where the weather gets too hot.

I know the basic stuff about music theory .. timing, major and minor chord construction, major and minor scales, the pentatonic scale ..

yes I can record my self .. I use guitar Rig and a cheap webcam .. I guess you've seen my vids in the Rec Room before
but once I guess better in playing I'll spend some money on a good cam and learn more about making good videos.

wanna c some vids ? watch the links above and you can also check my posts in the Rec room.

btw way I have worked with Cosmin before on the two lesson
and the lesson I'm working on right now is Ben's vibrato odyssey I'll upload my take here..
I’m not done with it yet I still have more work to do on it.
check it out and let me know what you think.

if you have any more questions plz let me know.

Tnx

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Mar 2 2015, 02:09 PM) *
Hi Anese! Welcome to your thread for Gab's Army, my mentoring program. Here I will guide you with your guitar practice, creating routines, practice plans, giving feedback of your playing always based on your guitar goals and musical tastes.

Before we start I would like to know a bit more about you.

- How many time have you been playing guitar?
- Favorite guitarists, bands and musicians.
- What are your guitar goals?
- How would you like to you see yourself in 5 years (related to music and guitar)?
- How many time can you play guitar each day?
- Do you have playing live experience?
- Which are your strong and weak points with guitar?
- What do you know about music theory?
- Can you record videos of you playing?
- Share here audios and videos that reflect your current playing.
]

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 6 2015, 02:46 PM
Instructor
Hi Anese! Thanks for this info! Your classical guitar videos are really cool. I think that having learn to play that stuff is a great background for you. I remember Zakk Wylde saying on an interview that he took classical guitar lessons and then when he switched to electric he used that technique combined with pick in an hybrid technique called Hybrid Picking, and he is a monster on it!

I've been also checking some of your REC takes, picking hand, power chords. Could you please post here the last take of each of the GMC lessons that you've worked?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Anese
Mar 8 2015, 09:21 AM
Learning Roadie
Hello Gabriel

Here's the link for my last takes on the the power chord and picking hand lessons

Power Chord Lesson
Picking hand lesson

I also anttached an Audio take I recorded yesterday for Ben's Vibrato lesson which I'm still working on

Thanks

This post has been edited by Anese: Mar 8 2015, 09:24 AM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 8 2015, 05:04 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! Thanks for the links. I think that your take on the alternate picking lesson is good so you are ready for the next step on this technique. I was thinking on this lesson that combines legato with alternate picking, in order to incorporate the work over a new technique: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/legato...cking_beginner/

and in order to continue your work on power chords but on a more "musical" situation, I think that a lesson like this one can work: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Classi...nk-Sex-Pistols/

I have many lessons in the style of at this level so you can check my archive to choose another lesson that covers the style of a band that you like more. Check my archive HERE

What do you think?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Anese
Mar 11 2015, 07:42 PM
Learning Roadie
Hello Gabriel
I have looked through both of the lessons, and they seemed fine to me, I have not looked through all of your rock rhythm lessons yet, but if I found a one that i liked more I'd let you know. however, I'd rather finish working on my vibrato lesson and take it to the REC room before I step on the new lessons . so have you listen to my vibrato lesson take ? what do you think?
if you have other practice plans, please let me know.
Thank you

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 12 2015, 02:40 PM
Instructor
Hi Anese, your plan sounds good to me.

Your vibrato work is evolving good. There are many parts that sound really good while some others need still to be polished. I notice that there are some moments the rhythm of your vibrato doesn't go with the groove of the backing (ex: 00:25), and there are also some pitch issues, mostly when you move to higher notes (for example at 00:12). The last notes of the lesson have more notorious pitch issues (00:55).

To clarify, I think that your take on this lesson is not bad, but you have to focus on this details to master it. Practicing over the original lesson can really help for this.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Anese
Mar 13 2015, 04:41 PM
Learning Roadie
Hello Gabriel
thanks for your feed back
I've playing the first three part here
can you check and let me know how is it. specially about the rhythm in the third part.
i also tried to upload the Guitarrig setting files that I use, to show the settings and amp im using but unfortunately
it says i can not upload these kind of files.
Thanks

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 14 2015, 05:06 PM
Instructor
Hi mate, rhythm is much better on this new take. There is still some room to make the 8th notes and triplets even tighter but you are very close. Practice the tune a bit more over the original lesson and then get back to the backings track, I think that you'll master this soon.

About guitar rig files, I think that you can share them if you first zip the files. Try it and let me know.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Anese
Mar 14 2015, 05:20 PM
Learning Roadie
Hello Gab
thanks for that
here's a zipped Guitar rig file attached, Id like you to see if I can find a better setting close to the original lesson
tone color, if you have please zip it and send it over to me.
I hope I can nail this one by the end of next week can't wait to start working on new stuff happy.gif
thanks

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 15 2015, 05:43 PM
Instructor
Hi Anese, what version of Guitar Rig are you using?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Anese
Mar 16 2015, 09:56 AM
Learning Roadie
version 5.0.2 (R2476), why ?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 16 2015, 03:30 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Anese @ Mar 16 2015, 05:56 AM) *
version 5.0.2 (R2476), why ?

ok! to be able to open it because I don't use it! I'll check if there is a demo version to open your preset.

By the way, could you please share some print screens to let me see your current settings?

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Mar 16 2015, 03:31 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Anese
Mar 17 2015, 08:08 PM
Learning Roadie
hello Gabriel
here i attached two screens, this was a preset already included in Guitar rig, I had to change some nobs to get a better sound.
even though it seems complicated but this is the only one i could find which is so close to the original lesson tone color.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 18 2015, 01:34 PM
Instructor
Hi mate, thanks for the print screens. You say that you can't get a similar color and it's normal because if you check Ben's lesson he adds in the description that he is using a Marshall amp while your patch is build based on a mesa boogie amp. Those presets usually have complex combinations of modules that can confuse so I recommend you to start a new preset build with a simple chain:

Guitar - Ov Pedal - Marshall Amp - Cabinet

Check out Ben's details about settings:

Gear: Marshall JVM 410H, OD1 channel (Red setting) Bass - 1 Mid - 9 Treb - 6 Gain - 3

There you also have the EQ balance that can be a starting point. Please try it and let me know what happens.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Anese
Mar 29 2015, 10:18 PM
Learning Roadie
Hello Gabriel
I tried some combinations of what you suggested I got some good sounds but I feel
more comfortable with the preset that I previously used.
however I was trying to work on that last B-string note of the vibrato lesson ..please listen and let me know
what you think.
Thanks

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 30 2015, 01:51 PM
Instructor
Well, this amp that you are using will have more sustain and mid bass frequencies than Marshall so if you like it more you can keep it since that's related to your taste and can help to develop your own tone/style.

The audio sample sounds good. The vibration could be a bit wider to reach the original but the speed is very close. How does it sound over the backing?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Anese
Apr 18 2015, 08:32 PM
Learning Roadie
Hello Gab
sorry that took a little while but did my best to make it sound as close as possible.
I played the last part along with the backing track.. there are several chops ..listen and let me know what you think
Thanks

+Quote Post
Anese
Apr 19 2015, 10:25 PM
Learning Roadie
Hello Gabriel
I noticed that my guitar volume was a bit louder than the backing track and I thought it would sound better if i lower the volume.
here's another take I recorded today.
check it and let me know what you think.
thanks

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 20 2015, 02:23 AM
Instructor
Hi Anese, thanks for the audio. I can say that your vibrato is evolving well but the pitch that you are reaching is not precise. The slower vibrato is a bit lower than the pitch while the faster is higher. The timing is ok, but you have to be careful with pitches.

Does it make sense?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

17 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:56 PM