> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

161 Pages V  « < 18 19 20 21 22 > »   
Phil66's Thread, for Gab's Army
Phil66
Sep 7 2015, 07:08 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Thanks Gab,

Above my last post is my terrible take of the Darius solo.

Cheers

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 7 2015, 02:48 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Sep 4 2015, 11:01 AM) *
Thanks Gab,
I'll do it tonight. Sorry for not coming up to standard.
I haven't got to the experiment yet but he has mentioned it. I'm about 40% through. I read before I go to sleep, depending on how tired I am I sometimes only manage a few pages before my book falls on my face smile.gif I will probably read it twice.
Cheers

Phil

Update:

Here is the take, it goes wrong in places but that is how it is now, worse than ever. As I was getting closer to bars 29 and 30 I felt the tension building, I didn't play them; they wouldn't have happened sad.gif

https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/darius-solo-messy

Here are those two problematic bars played with no backing just so you can hear that I kind of have them under my fingers but not up to speed.

https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/29-30a

Thank you so much for your patience Gab, it must be hard being a mentor to someone like me unsure.gif

Update II:

I woke up this morning remembering that I had got to the experiment about music being unimportant, I didn't use the plastic bag but I understood what he was saying I think. The thing is to me it is the most important unimportant thing in my life so I want it too much which makes it stressful to look earn huh.gif

Hi Phil, ok, we will let this take as a reference for the future.

We will refresh your practice and focus on the following lesson: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...sciante-lesson/

I'll give you 7 days to learn and record a take on this lesson. The main elements to focus during this week at timing, bending and vibrato.

Are you in?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 7 2015, 03:11 PM
Gab I'm always in mate. Thanks for everything. Sorry I couldn't get the last one. It definitely was getting worse in all areas. It left me deflated to be honest, it really affected me having to quit.
Anyway we can start this new lesson and I'll get a recording to you in seven days or sooner if possible.
Cheers

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 7 2015, 03:25 PM
Instructor
I don't think that you couldn't get the last one, it's on the way mate. It's not difficult, it is just that you are still not familiar with it. Give it time. wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 7 2015, 03:28 PM
I read something like that in the book I think. He said it isn't hard it is unfamiliar.
I've given some advice to students in the practise room. Advice I should take myself too wink.gif
Cheers Gab

P.S. That link about the Argentinian troubles was interesting. I remember the Falklands war, I'd just left high school. Makes me feel old smile.gif

This post has been edited by Phil66: Sep 7 2015, 07:42 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 7 2015, 08:46 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Sep 7 2015, 11:28 AM) *
I read something like that in the book I think. He said it isn't hard it is unfamiliar.
I've given some advice to students in the practise room. Advice I should take myself too wink.gif
Cheers Gab

P.S. That link about the Argentinian troubles was interesting. I remember the Falklands war, I'd just left high school. Makes me feel old smile.gif

yeah, that was was the year I was born. I was lucky that my father didn't have to go....

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 7 2015, 08:47 PM
Thanks Gab, now you've made me feel really old laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Working on the John Fruscianti right now wink.gif

https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/john-fruscianti-solo-1st-4-bars

The next bar looks a little tricky, like the Darius ones that gave me trouble laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif Will be on that tomorrow.

Cheers

This post has been edited by Phil66: Sep 7 2015, 09:30 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 8 2015, 01:27 PM
Instructor
hahahaha tongue.gif

Good job with this part of the lesson! Some details:

Be careful with timing, notes played at 00:05 and 00:12 are not played at the right time. Also take care of that bend at 00:14 which is not consistent.

Keep on the hard work!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 8 2015, 01:31 PM
Thanks Gab
For some reason I find bending the high E and the B trickier than the others. I find my fingers grabbing the unwound strings above them. It's fine bending the G because the wound strings just move out of the way.

Cheers

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 8 2015, 02:11 PM
Instructor
So keep on practicing on the tricky strings. Use that exercise shared by Ben on the bending video.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 8 2015, 08:59 PM
Tonight's take.

https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/john-fruscianti-solo-1st-10-bars

Cheers Gab

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 9 2015, 02:59 PM
Instructor
Awesome Phil! This is a very nice take, you sound relaxed and comfortable. I like it, keep on the good job! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 9 2015, 09:43 PM
Thanks Gab,

No recording tonight, as you know, Wednesday is time to take wife out for some food and drink. Been working on the last section tonight. Hopefully get a full speed recording to you tomorrow evening.

I'm actually re-learning how to learn with this one. I went off track a bit I think unsure.gif

Really struggling with the current ear training but I do think I need my ears looking at, maybe they need syringing. I'll try to get to the doctor and get them sorted.

Cheers

This post has been edited by Phil66: Sep 9 2015, 09:44 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 10 2015, 01:33 PM
Instructor
Hi Phil, thanks for the update. I think that Frusciante's lesson has been a good choice. Please take your time to learn and practice the lesson before you share a new take. It's ok if you share a new polished take on Monday.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 10 2015, 08:17 PM
Thanks Gab, it will definitely be before Monday. I have noticed one good thing with this piece. When learning the phrases I notice when I go to a wrong fret, I mean when I'm playing without backing or along with you and I go to a wrong fret I notice that it just doesn't sound right, doesn't fit in with the rest of the phrase, like if it's a G# instead of A. My ear must be getting more tuned to what works with what. I don't mean that I notice it is incorrect to the original I mean that I notice that it doesn't sound correct with the rest of the notes.

I hope this makes sense wink.gif

Cheers

Phil

This post has been edited by Phil66: Sep 10 2015, 08:38 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 11 2015, 05:20 PM
Instructor
Hi Phil, it makes a lot of sense and these are great news! This means that you ear is getting trained which is a VERY important thing for a musician. I believe that it's the most valuable skill for a guitarist.

Congrats and keep going!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 11 2015, 08:55 PM
Been playing that Frusciante solo, it makes me feel.............

Thank you so much for saving me Gab.

How I do my lesson now is
1/ I use the section videos to learn the piece slowly, bit by bit, I would also normally use GP5 but it is a little off putting in this instance as there are extra notes in the GP5 wink.gif .
2/ I convert your full video into an MP3 and import it into the DAW. Then I match the track position of each track to the time bar and cut and paste the beat intro from the backing into the "video" mp3 because your video doesn't have it.
3/ I play along with you for a while until I feel comfortable.
4/ I record myself playing along with just the backing track.
5/ I play it back with your "video" mp3 panned left and my playing panned right and the backing track in the middle. This shows me where I need to concentrate on timing without having to keep getting you to check it. Obviously your ear is much much more critical than mine but at least I can get closer without you having to keep checking daily for me, I also think this help tune the ear into timing.

It really seems to work, for me anyway smile.gif

Cheers buddy

Gracias por todo lo que mi amigo!

UPDATE:

I've posted in the REC zone. Just trying to keep moving forward wink.gif

https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/john-fruscianti-rec

This post has been edited by Phil66: Sep 13 2015, 11:47 AM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 13 2015, 11:00 PM
Instructor
Hi Phil!! I'm so happy to read this! We are on track now! I think that this experience has taught you the importance of working on lessons that are at your current level to be able to master it and polish details.

The audio is promising here, I'll check and comment your REC take.

Congrats and keep on the great work! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 14 2015, 09:14 AM
Thanks for your kind words both here and in the REC. I appreciate. I'm anticipating a pass as Darius gave 8 points and you gave 6 so it would take a low score to bring average below 6. Do you think I should work to get a higher score or should you give me something else? Personally I would like another piece of similar structure just for an extra confidence boost. I know I should polish this one really but I don't need to be chasing rainbows at the moment.
I am now also ready to get back to everything I have been neglecting and dedicating small time slots to more things so as to get back to everything having daily practice.
Thanks for everything mate
Cheers. smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 14 2015, 12:53 PM
Instructor
Hi Phil, my suggestion is to keep on practicing this one for 3 days focusing on details. You can put your focus on expression, dynamics, timing, and everything else that could take your playing to a new dimension. It's been a while since you don't reach this moment when you can play a lesson but dedicate extra time for expressing details. I know that your mind is saying: come on! There no time, let's go for another lesson. But what's the hurry? If you look back, how many time have you been without mastering a lesson? Is 3 days too much to polish this one?
Please be patient and enjoy this success.

I'll think on possible lessons to be worked after these three days. Ok?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

161 Pages V  « < 18 19 20 21 22 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 12:54 PM