Mastering Boxes Of Any Given Scale
Salivtomte
Aug 29 2007, 07:11 AM
GMC:er
Hi, how did you practice while learning how to master the most comon scaleshapes horizontally on the neck, i know there is lessons on this, but i would like how you managed to smile.gif And would you recomend one who has yet not mastered to boxshifting to practice it?

thx

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pavel
Aug 29 2007, 05:25 PM
Instructor
I have the ability to play by ear and that helped me to get scales down. The rest of it is tons of hours of practicing scales up and down and left and right! smile.gif Boxshifting comes with knowledge of boxes so you SURE should practice those lessons.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Gerald
Nov 30 2007, 03:20 PM
GMC:er
I'm working on this as well and practicing the boxes endlessly seems to help obviously. Something that I am doing as well is making sure to practice the boxes starting from the root note and to memorize the root note placement for each box.

Kris has some great pentatonic 101 lessons that help break out of the boxes and some cool licks to practice. Also the beginner licks lesson is pretty good as well for some easy licks and penta practice.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 04:00 PM