Tapping Lesson
MattE
Jul 20 2007, 03:24 AM
GMC:er
Alright, before I am told that there already is a tapping lesson (very nice one by the way biggrin.gif)

what I meant is this kind of tapping:
(wouldnt let me have the T in the right place :[ )

....................................T
-------------8h-10h-12h-15p~---12p-10p-8---------|
------8h-10h-12-----------------------------12h-15h-|
- -------------------------------------------------------|
---------------------------------------------------------|

Those little taps normally found during a solo and what not
I think a lesson that would help people understand the proper way to execute such taps would be nice :]

Your thoughts?

-Matt

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by MattE: Jul 20 2007, 03:26 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Layzer
Jul 20 2007, 03:31 AM
They are already in Roo's first lesson and Kris' 101 tapping lesson...but more tapping lessons would be cool

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Layzer: Jul 20 2007, 03:31 AM

--------------------
Unity

+Quote Post
fkalich
Jul 20 2007, 03:48 AM
QUOTE (Layzer @ Jul 19 2007, 09:31 PM) *
They are already in Roo's first lesson and Kris' 101 tapping lesson...but more tapping lessons would be cool

also Gabriel's tapping lesson. However, this is the one area that i consider the site pretty limited in, not enough tapping, and nothing real elaborate. on a different thread, a few of us suggested marcus as the logical choice for such a lesson, although i am sure pavel would do a good job.

This post has been edited by fkalich: Jul 20 2007, 03:52 AM

+Quote Post
Jeffrey
Jul 20 2007, 04:33 AM
If Kris will let me I could put in a solo I wrote for one of my songs in my band. It is about 1min long=P it has sweeps, tapping, speed picking, legato, etc.. its got it all man=P Im pretty sure the tapping in the solo is what your talking about, the "proper" way to execute the tap during soloing.I have tons of stuff that could benefit GMC but I dont have a webcam which is hy im going to e-mail Kris with a few ideas on audio so if he likes them ill go out and buy a webcam and make detailed videos of how to play them an what not. I dunno, we'll see what happens. Hopefully he'll let me throw some lessons in there, its summer time and I have absolutely nothing to do=) I have rhythm guitar parts that are complex, prog rock stuff I think i heard someone wanted that. solos with tons of different techniques. haha

But just so you know, Pavel's slow solo has very nice tapping in it. perfectly executed you should check it out, im sure u'd be abel to play it.(it is taping with 2 fingers though, i dunno if your used to using that.) its fun though=)Happy playing!

-Jeffrey

--------------------
My Guitar:
IPB Image

Schecter FR C-1 Hellraiser
CONSTRUCTION/SCALE: Set-Neck w/ Ultra Access /25.5"
BODY: Mahogany w/ Quilted Maple Top
NECK/FINGERBOARD: 3-pc. Mahogany/Rosewood
FRETS: 24 X-Jumbo
INLAYS: Gothic Cross
PICKUPS: EMG active 81/85
ELECTRONICS: Vol/Vol/Tone/3-Way switch
BRIDGE: Original Floyd Rose Tremolo
BINDING: Abalone
TUNERS: Grover

+Quote Post
Ryan
Jul 20 2007, 04:47 AM
QUOTE (fkalich @ Jul 19 2007, 09:48 PM) *
also Gabriel's tapping lesson. However, this is the one area that i consider the site pretty limited in, not enough tapping, and nothing real elaborate. on a different thread, a few of us suggested marcus as the logical choice for such a lesson, although i am sure pavel would do a good job.

Well just to inform you. Pavel would do an amazing job to. I believe if i remember correctly. He told em a while back. He will have another 2 finger tapping lesson coming out, but a lot more complicated, and faster.
You just have to sit back and wait!!

QUOTE (MattE @ Jul 19 2007, 09:24 PM) *
Alright, before I am told that there already is a tapping lesson (very nice one by the way biggrin.gif)

what I meant is this kind of tapping:
(wouldnt let me have the T in the right place :[ )

....................................T
-------------8h-10h-12h-15p~---12p-10p-8---------|
------8h-10h-12-----------------------------12h-15h-|
- -------------------------------------------------------|
Those little taps normally found during a solo and what not
I think a lesson that would help people understand the proper way to execute such taps would be nice :]

Your thoughts?

-Matt

Also isnt that the taps, from Marcus's first vibrato lesson. I think it is!!

--------------------
“Obey the principles without being bound by them.”

+Quote Post
fkalich
Jul 20 2007, 05:04 AM
QUOTE (Ryan @ Jul 19 2007, 10:47 PM) *
Well just to inform you. Pavel would do an amazing job to. I believe if i remember correctly. He told em a while back. He will have another 2 finger tapping lesson coming out, but a lot more complicated, and faster.
You just have to sit back and wait!!
Also isnt that the taps, from Marcus's first vibrato lesson. I think it is!!

what i am thinking Ryan, is a really special tapping lesson. I would suggest one from Pavel and one from Marcus. The best of these guy's works are really compositions (Kris, your getting a good deal with those guys). Marcus has some amazing compositions. I would like to see one of those dedicated to tapping, not just as embellishment. ALTHOUGH, Pavel would do a super job also, agree.

edit: corrected misspelling on word super, it was supper. did not want to confuse Pavel with the half of the forum members working in the food service industry, Pavel is one of the IT group (in college).

edit2: not excluding anybody here as having talent to come up with some tapping/lesson compositions. am sure all the teachers could do that well, as i said, Gabriel had a nice one, simple, but it game me ideas. that is what i am looking for, something that gives me ideas.

This post has been edited by fkalich: Jul 20 2007, 05:34 AM

+Quote Post
fkalich
Jul 20 2007, 05:42 AM
QUOTE (Jeffrey @ Jul 19 2007, 10:33 PM) *
If Kris will let me I could put in a solo I wrote for one of my songs in my band. It is about 1min long=P it has sweeps, tapping, speed picking, legato, etc.. its got it all man=P Im pretty sure the tapping in the solo is what your talking about, the "proper" way to execute the tap during soloing.I have tons of stuff that could benefit

-Jeffrey

why not upload it, and maybe some simple tab? i sure would be interested in it. there is the upload area. let us know, i will look for it if you intend to upload it.

+Quote Post
Ryan
Jul 20 2007, 05:43 AM
QUOTE (fkalich @ Jul 19 2007, 11:42 PM) *
why not upload it, and maybe some simple tab? i sure would be interested in it. there is the upload area. let us know, i will look for it if you intend to upload it.

me 2

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jeffrey
Jul 20 2007, 06:48 AM
sure guys ill go ahead and get to work on it if you want to learn it. might take a while to tab=P considering its so long. maybe Ill just make something new that is only about 30secs and it is specifically for your benfit in soloing with taps. what do you say? 1min solo with lots of techniques or 30sec solo focused on exactly what u are looking for?

--------------------
My Guitar:
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Ryan
Jul 20 2007, 06:50 AM
QUOTE (Jeffrey @ Jul 20 2007, 12:48 AM) *
sure guys ill go ahead and get to work on it if you want to learn it. might take a while to tab=P considering its so long. maybe Ill just make something new that is only about 30secs and it is specifically for your benfit in soloing with taps. what do you say? 1min solo with lots of techniques or 30sec solo focused on exactly what u are looking for?

30 seconds!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jeffrey
Jul 20 2007, 06:57 AM
ok cool ill see what I can manage, I think i can make a backing track but i dont know ill see. I dont have GP so ill have to use microsoft word. I can make the tap tonight and then record tomarrow, 1AM in morning*note to self- not good time for playing guitar loud* lol. Ill get it uploaded tomarrow, hope u guys enjoy it.

btw I had in mind a speed picking outro, i dont want to make a really hard lesson I just want a good sound so ill see how it plays out. happy playing guys!

-Jeffrey

--------------------
My Guitar:
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Jeffrey
Jul 20 2007, 08:12 AM
Just finished tabs; I will record tomarrow, but now it is sleepy time, im not sure the length of it but w/e im so dang tired lol g-night all!

--------------------
My Guitar:
IPB Image

+Quote Post
fkalich
Jul 20 2007, 10:08 AM
QUOTE (Jeffrey @ Jul 20 2007, 02:12 AM) *
Just finished tabs; I will record tomarrow, but now it is sleepy time, im not sure the length of it but w/e im so dang tired lol g-night all!

appreciate, looking forward to it.

+Quote Post
Jeffrey
Jul 20 2007, 08:19 PM
QUOTE (fkalich @ Jul 20 2007, 02:08 AM) *
appreciate, looking forward to it.

thanks=)

well guys I got it all done, the recording is a little low quality and it is a wav. file so i hope u have itunes or something that can play it=P I make a backing track but really i didnt make it so you can learn to play this song exacly how I did I want you guys to learn about incorporating tapping into solos. some parts it has 2 finger taps/slides so have fun, i encourage putting your own tiwst onto it=) Ill upload it on the members only page is uploads. enjoy guys.

-Jeffrey

--------------------
My Guitar:
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 06:29 AM