New Audio Project
Saoirse O'Shea
Jan 26 2012, 10:25 AM
Moderator - low level high stakes
My wife is a radio and music producer and also trains people in radio and music production. She's part of a small team that has just won a small European grant (it's about 12000 Euros) that will fund an audio project. The project is to record, produce and archive an audio map of the music in our town over a period of a year. The map will include:

Traditional songs that are passed down from person to person but have never been recorded.
All the live music events.
All the final performance and test/exam pieces from students at the music school and High school.
The Chiri performances (kind of like a carnival but focused on groups of singers who perform comical songs about topical events and 'important' people like politicians).
Flamenco
Local bands/singers.

The project also has to include training at least one local person so that they get to a level where they are able to record and mix at a semi-professional level. (She wanted the person to be at a professional level but finally accepted that 2 year, part time training isn't long enough.) That person and the studio will form a legacy for the town so that in future people can get their stuff properly recorded and mixed.

Project had it's inaugral meeting last night and the first recording is supposed to be for the Chiri in late Feb.

So between now and the end of Feb we need to put together a mobile recording, a fixed recording sound stage and mixing studio from scratch. I do mean from scratch as at present the project has yet to even buy a computer let alone a console, sequencer etc and hasn't even identified the person/s to train to semi- pro level. My wife has however decided whom she wants to do the recording/mixing training, spec the hardware and software and set up the studio - me. As there is no chance that the trainee will be ready to do the first recordings in late Feb I'll have to do those until s/he is up to speed.

She also told me that the project can't afford to pay me, which came as no surprise rolleyes.gif .

Should be a fun and interesting challenge.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:02 AM