Facebook And Band/music Promtion/fake "like"
Todd Simpson
Feb 8 2013, 06:32 PM
GMC:er
Facebook is an important part of your Social Media outreach to connect with folks who might dig your music. Be aware though, that when you pay Facebook for advertising your posts, etc., many of the "likes" may be from BOTS (E.G. Fake, software pretenting to be a human) Somewhere between 80 and 100 million of facebooks users are not actual people, they are software. Here is a link with info.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/201...files-are-fake/

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 4)
Jonas Tamas
Feb 8 2013, 08:29 PM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Feb 8 2013, 05:32 PM) *
Facebook is an important part of your Social Media outreach to connect with folks who might dig your music. Be aware though, that when you pay Facebook for advertising your posts, etc., many of the "likes" may be from BOTS (E.G. Fake, software pretenting to be a human) Somewhere between 80 and 100 million of facebooks users are not actual people, they are software. Here is a link with info.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/201...files-are-fake/

Thanks for the link and info, Todd!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 9 2013, 06:54 PM
Instructor
This is very interesting. Let's see how Facebook solve this problem. I noticed that now Facebook asks me if I know from any other place than facebook the people that adds me as friend... thanks for sharing Todd!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
The Professor
Feb 9 2013, 08:04 PM
Theory Instructor
yeah a while back Facebook announced that they would remove "likes" from your band page of anyone that has liked you but never commented, liked or shared any of your posts.

On the day they announced I noticed I lost a handful of likes, and some friends lost around 10-12, but since then I haven't seen any changes.

so maybe they are taking care of the problem that way, who knows.

I have also read people saying that they felt if they paid to promote a post, that they got a bunch of new subscribers but none of them then interacted with their pages. So they were thinking they were just bots, but bots they paid for. Tough.

--------------------
Ask me anything on the theory board. Follow my theory course. Check out my personal site

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 13 2013, 02:53 AM
For Facebook, this is NOT a problem. This is just how they do business. Many of the "fakes" seem to be coming from facebook. So that when you buy advertising, you see a spike in likes, even though none of them interact since they are not real people. Not to say ALL are fake, just that it's a way facebook makes customers feel like they rae getting value for money when paying to promote a post/page.

Todd
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 9 2013, 12:54 PM) *
This is very interesting. Let's see how Facebook solve this problem. I noticed that now Facebook asks me if I know from any other place than facebook the people that adds me as friend... thanks for sharing Todd!

Bingo smile.gif If the folks who "liked" your stuff, never ever interact, they may we be bots, they could just be lazy, but it's a real chance they are bots.

Todd

QUOTE (The Professor @ Feb 9 2013, 02:04 PM) *
yeah a while back Facebook announced that they would remove "likes" from your band page of anyone that has liked you but never commented, liked or shared any of your posts.

On the day they announced I noticed I lost a handful of likes, and some friends lost around 10-12, but since then I haven't seen any changes.

so maybe they are taking care of the problem that way, who knows.

I have also read people saying that they felt if they paid to promote a post, that they got a bunch of new subscribers but none of them then interacted with their pages. So they were thinking they were just bots, but bots they paid for. Tough.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:24 PM