Hola Gmc!
jaredvanearle
Jan 15 2012, 02:19 AM
GMC:er
Hello GMC!

My name is Jared, i've been playing guitar for about 3 years, but have since had a 2 year break. not good i know! i've done some soul searching and it has let me right back to where i was a few years ago and although time has passed its safe to say my passion for guitar still burns after these years.

Its a little frustrating re teaching my hands to sync again but at least this way i can re train myself the right way, concentrating heavily on progressing my musical ear.

I was in a couple of local metal bands for about a year, but looking back on how i approached everything i felt more like a robot spurting dribble, rather than conecting with what i was playing. Continuing on from there, im following david lucas burges perfect pitch course, as well as dedication a portion of my practice time to singing riffs and shaping my ear.

I work as a grapic designer and music photographer. About a year ago i loved what i was doing but now im not so sure about my travels

hmm what else can i tell you guys..

im currently playing a Jackson Phil Demmel signature king v as my guitar of choice
i have a randall practice amp
and a dusty rh300 valve dynamic head and quad

Im living in a small studio appartment so practice always involves headphones, usually through a loop pedal and long jams

Since rejoining GMC for the second time i have been following Bens lessons closely and really enjoying them!

My goals are to just be comfortable playing again, to be able to get out everything that is in my head and make some new friends along the way. Not to mention gain some discipline in my unruly life of late

Now i have a whole afternoon of playing to do : D
Have a great day guys

Gelukkig NieuwJaar!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jan 15 2012, 03:14 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (jaredvanearle @ Jan 15 2012, 01:19 AM) *
Hello GMC!

My name is Jared, i've been playing guitar for about 3 years, but have since had a 2 year break. not good i know! i've done some soul searching and it has let me right back to where i was a few years ago and although time has passed its safe to say my passion for guitar still burns after these years.

Its a little frustrating re teaching my hands to sync again but at least this way i can re train myself the right way, concentrating heavily on progressing my musical ear.

I was in a couple of local metal bands for about a year, but looking back on how i approached everything i felt more like a robot spurting dribble, rather than conecting with what i was playing. Continuing on from there, im following david lucas burges perfect pitch course, as well as dedication a portion of my practice time to singing riffs and shaping my ear.

I work as a grapic designer and music photographer. About a year ago i loved what i was doing but now im not so sure about my travels

hmm what else can i tell you guys..

im currently playing a Jackson Phil Demmel signature king v as my guitar of choice
i have a randall practice amp
and a dusty rh300 valve dynamic head and quad

Im living in a small studio appartment so practice always involves headphones, usually through a loop pedal and long jams

Since rejoining GMC for the second time i have been following Bens lessons closely and really enjoying them!

My goals are to just be comfortable playing again, to be able to get out everything that is in my head and make some new friends along the way. Not to mention gain some discipline in my unruly life of late

Now i have a whole afternoon of playing to do : D
Have a great day guys

Gelukkig NieuwJaar!

Hey man! Welcome back!!!! I am glad that you have decided to pick up guitar again!
Ben is a great teacher and he has some very great lessons!
Happy to see you here!!!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 15 2012, 09:50 AM
Instructor
Hi Jared! Welcome to GMC again biggrin.gif glad to see a determined man to get out there and play wink.gif

What can I say, if you haven't had the time to explore, things have been growing here and the community got even better than you remember it smile.gif we have live videochat sessions almost daily - check out the front page, at the bottom, for a detailed schedule. Mine is happening each Thursday at 8PM London time - with a little exception - next week we shall have it at 6 PM London time on Saturday.

You have a good opportunity of asking anything you wish to know, live biggrin.gif and I would also like to invite you at Cosmin's Licks Workshop a cool workshop I just started where you can learn a new lick each week - various styles and difficulty levels! Give it a go if you'd like!

see you around buddy

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 15 2012, 10:12 AM
Welcome back! smile.gif I'm Todd Simpson and I'm the Saturday Video Chat instructor and a HUGE fan of Ben's playing. I attend his chats often (though sometimes just as a guest so as to not distract) and your in good hands smile.gif Jump in to the other video chats too if possible smile.gif Including mine! And join some collaboration projects too!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 15 2012, 01:41 PM
Instructor
Welcome aboard Jared, it's very nice to hear your story. I think you have a fine gear there, and it's very cool that you do music photography smile.gif If you need any help, we instructors are here 24/7. What do you practice at the moment? Some exercises, or songs perhaps?

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jan 15 2012, 03:10 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Welcome to GMC Jared!

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Fran
Jan 15 2012, 05:06 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Welcome Jared cool.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Jan 15 2012, 10:51 PM
Instructor
Welcome back Jared ! Putting music aside, which photo gear you have ?? laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
jaredvanearle
Jan 16 2012, 10:04 AM
Thanks guys!

I've noticed the site has had a huge makeover, i love the jam tracks on the side of the players now. thats great, it used to take a while to loop a backingtrack to practice lessons over, but now hit a button and bam! i like it

@ cosmin, Live chats look great i will definitly check it out your lick workshop thanks!

Hopefully this time around i can contribute a bit more as well

@ Ivan, thanks man, i love my demmel v, absolute machine. At the moment im practicing various megadeth riffs (slowly) and paying real attention to something ben said, keeping relaxed and not tensing up on fast riffs. besides that ive learnt a few punk songs and living end, and continuing ear training

I like learning song that i listen to but its hard because i love bands like megadeth, and symphony x which are still rather past my skill level...

@ Sinisa, I have a canon 5d ii and a range of lenses, flashes,pws, stands, dishes and other goodies. I just got a 16-35mm around christmas, glad not to have to rent it anymore, i can't wait to put into action!! Soundwave is coming up next month and im completely psyched for that. Hitting up two cities as well as sideshows, full of some of my favourite bands!

Have a look at my site if your interested in seeing a few of my shots, although i must admit im pretty shocking at updating it! i still have megadeth from the 2010 soundwave that needs going up ):

http://www.whiskyphoto.com/

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Jan 16 2012, 11:43 AM
Instructor
I looked at your site - you're a pro,man!!! Great photos.Am the proud owner of 550D, I use it mostly for video recording, but lately I also like the photo mode! Check out this Topic on my instructor board, I believe that you can help a lot with your experience wink.gif !

--------------------

+Quote Post
thefireball
Jan 16 2012, 02:36 PM
Learning Roadie
Your pictures are so pro!! Looks like what I see in guitar mags. Awesome work, and we hope you have a great time at GMC and learn much here. Welcome back!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 12:39 PM