> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

Dado's Applied Theory Journal
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 9 2013, 09:11 AM
Instructor
Hey man!

I am very happy to announce you that this is your new thread in which we will discuss the development of your guitar playing skills and musical knowledge smile.gif

First thing - dude, I super enjoyed listening to the first and third tracks - you are arranging nicely and your compositions are very musical - that's a HUGE plus!

I think that the main things we should focus on are:

- understanding music as a language, so that you may use it to your advantage, in order to express yourself fully
- chisel your playing in terms of technical details - bends, vibrato, rhythm playing - you are already ok with what I have heard, but practicing some techniques will get your ability to higher levels. What I wouldn't want, would be to ruin your musicality for the sake of learning chops. So our goal here would be to maintain your personality and add a little boost to it wink.gif

Do we have a deal?

Cosmin

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dado Tubic
Jul 9 2013, 12:30 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 9 2013, 09:11 AM) *
Hey man!

I am very happy to announce you that this is your new thread in which we will discuss the development of your guitar playing skills and musical knowledge smile.gif

First thing - dude, I super enjoyed listening to the first and third tracks - you are arranging nicely and your compositions are very musical - that's a HUGE plus!

I think that the main things we should focus on are:

- understanding music as a language, so that you may use it to your advantage, in order to express yourself fully
- chisel your playing in terms of technical details - bends, vibrato, rhythm playing - you are already ok with what I have heard, but practicing some techniques will get your ability to higher levels. What I wouldn't want, would be to ruin your musicality for the sake of learning chops. So our goal here would be to maintain your personality and add a little boost to it wink.gif

Do we have a deal?

Cosmin

Hey man. I'm in! When do we start smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 10 2013, 08:37 AM
Instructor
We start today! biggrin.gif

So, we will begin with notions about the major scale and its intervals - I will post a movie for you in a few hours when I get to the camera and I will start discussing about the notions above and also provide some tasks, deal?

+Quote Post
Dado Tubic
Jul 10 2013, 01:42 PM
Ok. I'm ready biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 10 2013, 10:05 PM
Instructor
Alright mate - here we go:

+Quote Post
Dado Tubic
Jul 10 2013, 11:01 PM
Hi
First of all i realy want to thank you for your help. I appreciate it big time smile.gif

So the notes you're seeking after should be:
G,A,B,C,D,E,F,G

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 11 2013, 07:25 AM
Instructor
Nothing to it, man! Everything is cool, with one exception wink.gif That F can't fit in there wink.gif

Check this out:

W=whole step
H=half step

G (W) A (W) B (H) C (W) D (W) E (W) F# (H) G - this is the correct formula

if we would've had F - the formula would've looked like this:

G (W) A (W) B (H) C (W) D (W) E (W) F (W) G

If you feel confused, let me know and I will try to make things clearer, ok? If you got the idea, try the same task with the D major scale smile.gif

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Jul 11 2013, 07:25 AM

+Quote Post
Dado Tubic
Jul 11 2013, 08:07 PM
D,E,C#,G,A,B,C#,D

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 12 2013, 07:24 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Dado Tubic @ Jul 11 2013, 07:07 PM) *
D,E,C#,G,A,B,C#,D

Hello Dado smile.gif No F? There are two C# notes and no F in there, now, is it an F or an F#? You have to tell me wink.gif

+Quote Post
Dado Tubic
Jul 12 2013, 11:37 AM
Of course it's F#

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 13 2013, 01:17 PM
Instructor
Hello Dado smile.gif

I would like you to tell me - using the same formula - the notes in the following major scales:

Bb major

Eb Major

C# major

E major

Deal? There is a phenomenon which will occur, but I will let you see what the notes are and if you figure it out on your own, at first wink.gif Deal?

+Quote Post
Dado Tubic
Jul 14 2013, 04:44 PM
Hey man
Here's my results smile.gif

Bb major: Bb,C,D,D#,F,G,A,Bb
Eb major: Eb,F,G,G#,Bb,C,D,Eb
C# major: C#,D#,Bb,B,,C#,Bb,C,C#
E major: E,F#,G#,A,B,C,D,E

You mean the phenomena in C# major scale?
C# note is repeating three times!
dry.gif

All these sharp and flat notes are so confusing man. I always thought that D# is D# and not a Eb?

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 15 2013, 08:29 AM
Instructor
Hey Dado, unfortunately, neither of them are correct wink.gif I will make a little movie for you, as it is easier to explain that way!

+Quote Post
Dado Tubic
Jul 15 2013, 05:19 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 15 2013, 09:29 AM) *
Hey Dado, unfortunately, neither of them are correct wink.gif I will make a little movie for you, as it is easier to explain that way!

Hey dude
I appreciate it big time smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 15 2013, 09:19 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Dado Tubic @ Jul 15 2013, 04:19 PM) *
Hey dude
I appreciate it big time smile.gif

Nothin to it bro - here ya go biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Dado Tubic
Jul 16 2013, 10:41 PM
First of all i hope you're feeling better smile.gif

Here you go:

Eb major: D#,F,G,G#,A#,C,D,D#

C# major: C#,D#,F,F#,G#,A#,C,C#

E major: E,F#.G#,A,B,C.D#,E

See you..

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 17 2013, 10:19 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Dado Tubic @ Jul 16 2013, 09:41 PM) *
First of all i hope you're feeling better smile.gif

Here you go:

Eb major: D#,F,G,G#,A#,C,D,D#

C# major: C#,D#,F,F#,G#,A#,C,C#

E major: E,F#.G#,A,B,C.D#,E

See you..

Hello Dado - this is still not ok - first thing - if you are dealing with a major scale that has 'flat' in its name - you will want to use flats not sharps, so in the case of Eb major we would have: Eb F G Ab Bb C D Eb - you see, no note as been repeated smile.gif In the case of E major - there is only one mistake - you need C# not C to make up the scale -> notice that between B and C you have a half step not a whole step so, we need C# to create a whole step there, as the formula tells us.

Now that you know a bit more, can you figure out the correct version of C# major? Use sharps in this one and remember not to double any note, deal?

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Jul 17 2013, 10:23 AM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:18 PM