Solo Styles, Where to start
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Mar 5 2007, 03:27 AM
GMC:er
Well i like going through the solo section and to try to learn some riffs and techniques from Eric Johnson , Kirk etc etc. But is there a person you should start with thats a stepping stone for the others ? Eventually i want to be able to take what ive learned from these guys-and make it my own. When i first started playing guitar all i wanted to do is learn "Songs" but " learning a couple " Songs" are kool but not as kool as improvising off the top of your head . Basically i just wanna know if theres like someone who i should learn his or her techniques first and then branch onto another guitarist.

Hope I made that clear ?

thanks-John

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 2)
Kristofer Dahl
Mar 5 2007, 08:25 AM
GMC Founder
My answer id NO! There isn't one of these guitarists that's more of a landmark than any other - it's all a matter of personal preference.

So I think you should go through the main vids and see which solos have licks that seem reasonably "doable" as well as cool to you. If you can find just one passage that fits with those criterias you are ready to go!

Kris biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Mar 6 2007, 12:09 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Mar 4 2007, 11:25 PM) *
My answer id NO! There isn't one of these guitarists that's more of a landmark than any other - it's all a matter of personal preference.

So I think you should go through the main vids and see which solos have licks that seem reasonably "doable" as well as cool to you. If you can find just one passage that fits with those criterias you are ready to go!

Kris biggrin.gif

Thanks Kris. Im a big Kirk fan so i think im gonna go with him.

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:26 PM