Guitar Programs That You Prefer.
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Jun 3 2009, 12:47 PM
GMC:er
Hi there, just would like to see some links posted to some various guitar programs that helped anyone out there develop better, technique, theory, ear training, or anything in general or any programs to stay away from.

They don't have to be a free program either just post the link and a little blurb next to it of what it helped you with and we can kinda start a little Guitar Program index.smile.gif

I would like to start things off by telling you guys a program to stay away from- http://www.perfectpitch.com/ , basically a scam and the guy who has perfect pitch in the audio lessons really doesn't explain things very well to help anyone come even close to developing perfect pitch.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Outlaw2112
Jun 3 2009, 12:50 PM
QUOTE (Eat-Sleep-andJam @ Jun 3 2009, 12:47 PM) *
Hi there, just would like to see some links posted to some various guitar programs that helped anyone out there develop better, technique, theory, ear training, or anything in general or any programs to stay away from.

They don't have to be a free program either just post the link and a little blurb next to it of what it helped you with and we can kinda start a little Guitar Program index.smile.gif

I would like to start things off by telling you guys a program to stay away from- http://www.perfectpitch.com/ , basically a scam and the guy who has perfect pitch in the audio lessons really doesn't explain things very well to help anyone come even close to developing perfect pitch.

Guitarpro is the best program out there in my opinion.. you can learn songs from it, write and save your own music on it and practice with it... it has a speed trainer and loop that has helped me alot
I love guitarpro

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
superize
Jun 3 2009, 01:20 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
QUOTE (Outlaw2112 @ Jun 3 2009, 01:50 PM) *
Guitarpro is the best program out there in my opinion.. you can learn songs from it, write and save your own music on it and practice with it... it has a speed trainer and loop that has helped me alot
I love guitarpro

Yep guitarpro is the best

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 3 2009, 01:36 PM
Instructor
Yeah, guitar pro has become a sort of "industry standard". It is very common in use and packed with powerful tabbing and MIDI features, compared to other similar software.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
DenisN
Jun 3 2009, 01:37 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Eat-Sleep-andJam @ Jun 3 2009, 01:47 PM) *

I dont agree with you on this matter. I tried the relative pitch and perfect pitch training and it really gives good training methods and your ear improves. But like everything elese you have to put time into it. The relative pitch is a little simpler to train. But for perfect pitch you really need time.

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Jun 3 2009, 01:39 PM
Instructor
I too have become a Guitar Pro fan.
I love it!

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jun 3 2009, 01:47 PM
Instructor
I also like guitar pro a lot and agree that David LB ear training is great !!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
wrk
Jun 3 2009, 02:21 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Eat-Sleep-andJam @ Jun 3 2009, 01:47 PM) *

Hm .. i think David-Lucas Burge's courses are not a scam at all.

The RelativePitch training course is really well done. Good structure and goes step by step through each interval. I work with it since a while and find them way more effective then other tools i have tried.

Can not say if the perfect pitch course is working. It is a complete other level of ear training and difficult to explain/practice, but in any ways i'm sure it will open up your ears for deeper listening.

+Quote Post
JVM
Jun 3 2009, 03:13 PM
Learning Roadie
There was a thread on Guitar Scales Method a few days ago, but I can't seem to find it now. Anyway, I wanted to say I got the program, and it is actually very cool for anyone wondering. It firstly clearly explains all of the theory behind scales, modes, and chords very well.

It has three main tools as part of it, a 'progress map' filled with over 100 drills , applying a 'hard concrete' principle such that you develop little skills, like note, pattern and degree recognition individually and gradually you put them all together. It reminds me a bit of a hybrid between our Rec Program, including rankings, and a video game biggrin.gif So it's actually pretty fun. I imagine it might be similar, but at the same time pretty different to Guitar Pro, which I've never really gotten into.

Another tool it has is a play along trainer, which is basically a midi program where you can create songs or even have it throw random chords (of your choice) at you with lots of different settings for instruments (drums, bass, guitar, piano, synth..), rhythms and all of that. Very fun to use to solo over, it's like a never ending backing track generator.

Lastly it also has a pattern trainer that I haven't really gotten into yet, that trains you in ascending and descending scales with different patterns of note values and rhythms. The progress map would be my favorite part so far, it has timers on every drill you've done, shows all of the drills on the 'map' as blocks that you gradually color in over time as you rate yourself from poor (red) to medium, high and master (green) so you can see your progress in a very tangible way.

Recommended as a very cool supplement to your practice routine smile.gif

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
ErikEklund
Jun 3 2009, 03:18 PM
I like guitarpro in some ways like when you need to write down a pice of music. But it allso makes you lazy, instead of listening to the music and figure out what to play it just gives you the tabs for it. I dont use guitarpro to check tabs anymore because I want to develop my ears to hear what to play instead of going the lazy way. smile.gif

+Quote Post
JVM
Jun 3 2009, 03:31 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (ErikEklund @ Jun 3 2009, 10:18 AM) *
I like guitarpro in some ways like when you need to write down a pice of music. But it allso makes you lazy, instead of listening to the music and figure out what to play it just gives you the tabs for it. I dont use guitarpro to check tabs anymore because I want to develop my ears to hear what to play instead of going the lazy way. smile.gif

Thats a cool thing about Guitar Scales method, it starts you of like that and gradually ends up giving you the scales on the fretboard a beat or two after a chord change, so you can do it if you know it, and it confirms if you were right or not. Or you can turn that off completely I'm pretty sure.

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
ErikEklund
Jun 3 2009, 03:51 PM
QUOTE (JVM @ Jun 3 2009, 04:31 PM) *
Thats a cool thing about Guitar Scales method, it starts you of like that and gradually ends up giving you the scales on the fretboard a beat or two after a chord change, so you can do it if you know it, and it confirms if you were right or not. Or you can turn that off completely I'm pretty sure.

sounds cool smile.gif

+Quote Post
AlexLion
Jun 3 2009, 04:22 PM
You must be kidding, David Lucas Burge rocks! And his dvd`s are awesome! But of course GP5 is the best smile.gif

+Quote Post
Pio Jr.
Jun 3 2009, 04:45 PM
Learning Roadie
Guitarsoftware I use and find very usefull:

Tabs en playing: Guitar Pro 5, Band in box
Scales en chord diagrams: KD guitar utility
eartraining: earmaster pro
recording software: cubase, gearbox

--------------------
Guitartonemaster.com - +2500 free guitar jam- & backing tracks -
All styles (Blues, Rock, Metal, Ballad, Reggae, Jazz, Acoustic, Funk,...) -
Backing Tracks: Top 10 Backing Tracks

+Quote Post
Tolek
Jun 3 2009, 05:21 PM
Learning Rock Star
+1 for GuitarPro.
I´d like to add www.musictheory.net which is an awesome and helpful theory trainer. Not only ear training, but also musical notation training is featured.

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Jun 3 2009, 08:39 PM
Theres a huge difference between relative pitch and perfect pitch.

I highly doubt anyone has learned perfect pitch from his program. Maybe relative but not perfect.

This post has been edited by Eat-Sleep-andJam: Jun 4 2009, 03:24 AM

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
Carlos Carrillo
Jun 3 2009, 08:42 PM
Instructor
Guitar Pro for me!! wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jun 4 2009, 10:23 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Guitar Pro and Band in box are my favorites smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Sergio Dorado
Jun 4 2009, 10:33 AM
Flamenco Instructor
I like a lot Guitar pro, but don´t forget Powertab, easy to use and free, and also you can export files to guitar pro. And other awesome program is Transcribe, that allows you to change speed and tuning

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Fran
Jun 4 2009, 10:43 AM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
I love Guitar Pro, excellent to learn songs.

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 03:28 PM