Check Out The Final Mix Of The Rainy Collab!
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 1 2012, 01:24 PM
Instructor
Howdy everyone!

I have posted the final mix of the Rainy Video Collab - where me and Dieter have teamed up for a downpour of melancholy!

Hope you guys like it and stay tuned for the next one wink.gif

Cosmin

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 1 2012, 03:22 PM
Instructor
What a great track.. Cosmin your solo is fantastic and Dieter, I love your use of chromatic notes smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Jul 1 2012, 04:25 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Thank you Ben !

Great that you had fun with watching it laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Dieter

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Jul 1 2012, 04:55 PM
Learning Rock Star
I was thinking of being in this one but forgot, great track

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 2 2012, 05:07 PM
Instructor
You created a very enjoyable track guys! Nice feeling. Good job. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Jul 2 2012, 05:07 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Jul 2 2012, 09:17 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 2 2012, 04:07 PM) *
You created a very enjoyable track guys! Nice feeling. Good job. smile.gif

Yes it is very nice smile.gif I really wanted to participate in this but I just couldn't come up with any good ideas sad.gif I have bad song writing/improvisation skills..

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 2 2012, 10:25 PM
GMC:er
Very well done guys! Both solos really work! I really dig the whammy/slide technique cosmin is using as well. Nice!

Todd

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 1 2012, 08:24 AM) *
Howdy everyone!

I have posted the final mix of the Rainy Video Collab - where me and Dieter have teamed up for a downpour of melancholy!

Hope you guys like it and stay tuned for the next one wink.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 3 2012, 07:06 AM
Instructor
Thank you gentlemen smile.gif I had a lot of fun while coming up with the whammy solo, as I really missed playing like that biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 3 2012, 10:01 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 3 2012, 07:06 AM) *
Thank you gentlemen smile.gif I had a lot of fun while coming up with the whammy solo, as I really missed playing like that biggrin.gif

Did you listen to anyone in particular for inspiration ? I got a real Jeff Beck vibe from it, as did one of your Youtube listeners, I think ! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 3 2012, 10:41 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jul 3 2012, 09:01 AM) *
Did you listen to anyone in particular for inspiration ? I got a real Jeff Beck vibe from it, as did one of your Youtube listeners, I think ! smile.gif

Thanks Ben biggrin.gif For the whammy bar stuff I really enjoy Jeff Beck and Michael Lee Firkins - that dude is amazing with the whammy! If you haven't had the occasion so far, I recommend his 1990 album called..guess what.....MICHAEL LEE FIRKINS tongue.gif Rain in the Tunnel, Sargasso Sea and the whole rest actually are pretty amazing samples of his craftsmanship with the guitar and musicality wink.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 3 2012, 11:30 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 3 2012, 10:41 AM) *
Thanks Ben biggrin.gif For the whammy bar stuff I really enjoy Jeff Beck and Michael Lee Firkins - that dude is amazing with the whammy! If you haven't had the occasion so far, I recommend his 1990 album called..guess what.....MICHAEL LEE FIRKINS tongue.gif Rain in the Tunnel, Sargasso Sea and the whole rest actually are pretty amazing samples of his craftsmanship with the guitar and musicality wink.gif

I've heard some of the stuff MLF recorded for Jason Becker but not heard his solo stuff yet smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 3 2012, 11:45 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jul 3 2012, 10:30 AM) *
I've heard some of the stuff MLF recorded for Jason Becker but not heard his solo stuff yet smile.gif

Oh my, that solo in 'The end of the beginning' is EPIC!!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 3 2012, 12:02 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 3 2012, 11:45 AM) *
Oh my, that solo in 'The end of the beginning' is EPIC!!

Yeah, beautiful stuff !

+Quote Post
gregc1
Jul 3 2012, 03:58 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I was just listening to this song (End of the Beginning) and it is an extremely powerful piece but I noticed this in the comments which, to me, made it even more powerful, almost tearful.

This piece is about Jason's life.
Piano intro is about his birth.
0:59 - 1:51 -he as a young boy discovering a music.
1:52 - 3:34 -his learning with a guitar and revelation of his talent
3:34 - 5:30 -golden era of his life - Cacophony, Perpetual Burn
5:33 - 6:10 -a beginning of ALS
6:11 - 8:50 -he with ALS. Almost dead, but still composing.
8:51 - 11:10 -the return of Jason recovered from ALS. Second golden era of his life.
11:11- end -Jason's flesh is dead, but he will be always in our souls!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 4 2012, 07:10 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (gregc1 @ Jul 3 2012, 02:58 PM) *
I was just listening to this song (End of the Beginning) and it is an extremely powerful piece but I noticed this in the comments which, to me, made it even more powerful, almost tearful.

This piece is about Jason's life.
Piano intro is about his birth.
0:59 - 1:51 -he as a young boy discovering a music.
1:52 - 3:34 -his learning with a guitar and revelation of his talent
3:34 - 5:30 -golden era of his life - Cacophony, Perpetual Burn
5:33 - 6:10 -a beginning of ALS
6:11 - 8:50 -he with ALS. Almost dead, but still composing.
8:51 - 11:10 -the return of Jason recovered from ALS. Second golden era of his life.
11:11- end -Jason's flesh is dead, but he will be always in our souls!

This is a good interpretation of the structure smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 04:25 PM