Humidity Vs. Gear
thefireball
Apr 16 2010, 04:57 AM
Learning Roadie
Is it risky to place a humidifier or vaporizer in my room with all my guitar gear: guitars, amps, pedal...etc? Will a sheet placed over it all keep the gear safe? Thanks!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by thefireball: Apr 16 2010, 04:57 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Santiago Diaz Ga...
Apr 16 2010, 08:26 AM
GMC:er
While the gear doesn't get wet, you shouldn't have trouble.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Apr 16 2010, 08:36 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Shouldn't be a problem, just don't put your guitars right in front of it smile.gif

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Apr 17 2010, 06:58 PM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
I agree with the others, I don't see a problem.

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Apr 17 2010, 07:07 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (thefireball @ Apr 16 2010, 04:57 AM) *
Is it risky to place a humidifier or vaporizer in my room with all my guitar gear: guitars, amps, pedal...etc? Will a sheet placed over it all keep the gear safe? Thanks!

I work in construction , and from my experience
water will eventually ruin whatever it touches
it might not be much, it might not at all, but I would be safe and distance them the best i can

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Apr 17 2010, 07:54 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Try to carefully place it away from all the "precious" gear and it shouldn't be much of a problem. Though guitars are sensitive to climate...

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Apr 19 2010, 03:10 PM
Instructor
It shouldn't be a problem, unless it's an industrial humidifier capable of extreme changes in air humidity, or if the room is ultra small with thermal isolation smile.gif

Put your gear in another corner and don't worry about it. Room has enough of air to balance things out.

In general, placing any kind of gear in the path of Sunlight (even reflected one), near artificial sources of heat, or in the path of a AC device is not a smart thing to do.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 20 2010, 01:08 AM
The guys are right on. Just don't blow it directly on your guitars and you should be fine wink.gif

Todd

+Quote Post
Zsolt Galambos
Apr 20 2010, 10:08 AM
GMC Coordinator & Instructor
I have my vaporizer in one side of my room and my gear is in the other side. Never had any problems whatsoever. I keep my guitar in it's case when I don't use it, tho. So it shouldn't be much of a problem.

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile

Check out my Personal Board

+Quote Post
thefireball
Apr 22 2010, 05:01 AM
Learning Roadie
Thanks guys! You've been a great help. My room is small and I try to keep the door open with this vaporizer in here during the night if I run it. I have my gear covered with a sheet as well just to be safe. The gear and vaporizer are a pretty good distance....like I said, my room is small.

If anyone has any additional things to say, please say so! Many opinions are great!

This post has been edited by thefireball: Apr 22 2010, 05:03 AM

+Quote Post
fkalich
Apr 22 2010, 06:15 AM
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Apr 17 2010, 01:07 PM) *
I work in construction , and from my experience
water will eventually ruin whatever it touches
it might not be much, it might not at all, but I would be safe and distance them the best i can

I was about to say, I did not agree with all those who thought this not potentially harmful. You are dealing with wood, under tension. Also you live in Arkansas. I am not sure how humid Arkansas is in the Spring, but I know Mississippi is humid, and you are close. I would not push it with more humidity.

This post has been edited by fkalich: Apr 22 2010, 06:16 AM

+Quote Post
thefireball
Apr 23 2010, 10:46 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (fkalich @ Apr 22 2010, 12:15 AM) *
I was about to say, I did not agree with all those who thought this not potentially harmful. You are dealing with wood, under tension. Also you live in Arkansas. I am not sure how humid Arkansas is in the Spring, but I know Mississippi is humid, and you are close. I would not push it with more humidity.

Okay.....thanks man! Luckily, I'm getting over my cold now and don't need the vaporizer.... but I'll keep that in mind as well. smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 04:59 PM