Need Advice On Second Guitar + Amp, Upgrading from my beginner set, need some help
Fsgdjv
May 21 2007, 06:01 PM
GMC:er
Hello, I've decided that I want to upgrade from my horribly bad beginner set, so I'm getting a new amp and guitar. I can pay 13 000 swedish kronor (about 1 300 euros) at most for everything, but I don't know what to get.

I play mostly metal, and I'm not that much into shredding, but I try to play a lot of different genres, etc.

As for the guitar, I've been thinking about both the Ibanez SZ 520 and the PRS SE Custom. After having played them both I've come to the conclusion that the PRS SE Custom fits me perfectly (fell in love with it the first time I ever held it), but is there any similar guitar that's even better? Or is there something completely different that you would recommend?

And, when it comes to the amp, I have actually got no idea at all. I want to be able to rehease with it, and it would be great if there is a possibility for gigs, but since I will porboblt spend so much money on the guitar I don't think I can spend more than 5000 SEK (or 500 euros) on it, but wouldn't that be enough? Anyways, I've been thinking about the Roland Cube 60 watt, or maybe a line 6 spider 3 75 watt, but I've heard that the line 6 are crap, so I don't know.

So what are your recommendations? As you can see, I'm in desperate need of help, and any advice is worth gold to me. biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 10:12 AM