Old Grey Whistle Test, Possibly Where It All Started
skennington
Jul 13 2008, 05:43 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Feeling dated here GMC'ers but felt I needed to expose the roots for those that don't know.Black Sabbath was born in the town of Birmingham, England in '68 and is thought by most to be the founder of metal. After there dismantle and the punk scene becoming ever popular, alot of people thought metal was dead. Then along came a band called Judas Preist, also from Birmingham who opened up a door of metal that was exiting to say the least. They brought a new twist to the riffs of old that was just great!

As the style became more popular, along came Iron Maiden with there twist as well which for me personaly was just awesome! And Still Is!

And so metal began.... And so I get to the Old Grey Whistle Test which was a BBC television show that started in the 70's and ran through the early 80's. It featured many of the greats that we love, so I wanted to recognize the show.

Here's a vid of JP that most won't even recognize. To see some great performers of the past, just go to the OGWT on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXBnAhMDFdI

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- skennington   Old Grey Whistle Test   Jul 13 2008, 05:43 AM
- - tonymiro   +1 Steve - the OGWT, along with John Peel's ra...   Jul 13 2008, 12:24 PM
- - whammysam   I was reading about the Old Grey Whistle test late...   Jul 13 2008, 12:58 PM
nnn
nnn
nnn

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 09:52 AM