> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

161 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > »   
Phil66's Thread, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 27 2015, 12:53 AM
Instructor
Yes, be sure that they will become stronger with the pass of time. wink.gif

Your right hand movement looks good on the video. I'm comparing it with Ben's and the movement looks similar, and also, you are playing the lesson faster than the original. Keep on practicing to get used to this new way of picking.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Phil66
Mar 27 2015, 10:34 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Thanks Gab,

I will ignore the pain and play on wink.gif

19:45-20:00 Bending to pitch practise. Still struggling, my ear must be awful.

20:00-20:40 Rock Pop solo practise and video recording. I'm starting to think I'll never get this one to the REC zone sad.gif I get much closer on the bends when playing along with the instructor but when playing alone I can hear they don't sound right with the backing (maybe this is a slight improvement actually being able to hear they are out).

20:40-20:50 creating and posting video to youtube/GMC

20:50-20:15 Fumanchu practise. Recorded WAV at 50% 8 bars twice.
https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/fm-8-bars-50-27032015

Cheers

Phil

Update for Saturday 28/03/2015:
We took our 6 year old nephew out for the day and it turned out to be a longer day than anticipated, after all of the fun and taking him home we called in to a bar for some food, didn't get home until around 20:30 so I had a little practise but didn't have time to record and post.
Sorry sad.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Phil66: Mar 28 2015, 09:57 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 29 2015, 04:44 PM
Instructor
Hi Phil, good job! I know that you feel that this is going slowly but don't think too much about it. I'm sure that you'll note important improvements after some months of practice if you compare older with newer videos. When we are on practice period, we don't really note the little improvements every day, but be sure that you are going forward. wink.gif

I feel that the main thing to work on the pop rock solo is the pitch of your bends. I think that you need to work more on the last section of this one where you have more bends and where the issue becomes more notorious. The other parts are better, but there is still room to improve vibrato, articulation and dynamics.

About the fumanchu lesson, it seems to sound good at this tempo, you could start working over the slower backings to see how you adapt to the drums groove. So I'd like to hear you playing over it.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Mar 29 2015, 08:15 PM
Thanks for the encouragement Gab,
I am starting to think that I won't ever get bends right and will have to resort to sliding to pitch instead laugh.gif
I'd love to play along with the slower tracks AND record with them but I can't download them. Maybe this would be a good idea for admin to look at so students can put them in their DAW.
I downloaded the Cubase Elements software yesterday and had what I thought was going to be a "quick look" tonight. Before I knew it an hour had gone mad.gif I like the look of it but it is a bit complex. I couldn't see how to get Amplitube to work with it either.
I only had a little practise tonight due to this time lost BUT I have come up with an idea that may look like cheating but I don't think it is really because I would never ever use this method to post to the REC zone or for you to listen to unless I told you I was using it. What I have just tried, and this is my first attempt (see below), is to have a tuner displayed on screen whilst playing, I worked out what the big bends should be (I had to look at the GP5 file but maybe it would be good for the TAB to have them in so that students without GP5 can see what they are), and then while I played I used the tuner to help me reach pitch. I'm hoping this will help train my ear for when I'm not playing along with the instructor as a reference point. What do you think? Is it a good idea or do you think it will make me worse? I'm not planning on relying on it for recording stuff to help me pass, only as an ear training aid and I will always tell you when I use this method. I'm just thinking that my ear/tone memory isn't all that good just yet so it may help.

https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/rock-pop-solo-29032015

Phil

This post has been edited by Phil66: Mar 29 2015, 09:17 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 30 2015, 01:44 PM
Instructor
Hi Phil, I honestly never tried using a tuner for practicing bending but I know that many people tried it including our old instructor Alex Feather who used to recommend this to the students. He is a killer guitarist so if he says it works, it must work so it would be good if you experiment with this and share your experience. I feel that many other students could benefit from your conclusions about this method so it would be nice from you if you start a thread at Practice Room to share your experience, what do you say?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Mar 30 2015, 07:43 PM
Thanks Gab,

I did a Forum post about the bending.

I only had an hour tonight after posting to the forum about the bending so I did 20 minutes bending practise, 20 minutes of the alternate picking and 20 minutes of the Rock Pop solo.

Cheers

Phil

This post has been edited by Phil66: Mar 30 2015, 08:56 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 31 2015, 06:34 PM
Instructor
Hi Phil! Well done with that post! It's really cool to see the great feedback and comments that you are receiving there! smile.gif

"I only had an hour tonight after posting to the forum about the bending so I did 20 minutes bending practise, 20 minutes of the alternate picking and 20 minutes of the Rock Pop solo."

Great! The most important thing is diary practice so at least some minutes for each lesson helps! Keep going.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Mar 31 2015, 06:57 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Mar 31 2015, 06:34 PM) *
Hi Phil! Well done with that post! It's really cool to see the great feedback and comments that you are receiving there! smile.gif

"I only had an hour tonight after posting to the forum about the bending so I did 20 minutes bending practise, 20 minutes of the alternate picking and 20 minutes of the Rock Pop solo."

Great! The most important thing is diary practice so at least some minutes for each lesson helps! Keep going.

Thanks Gab,

I'm surprised at how many views there have been compared to how many comments and not a single poll input laugh.gif

Cheers

Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 31 2015, 07:06 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Mar 31 2015, 02:57 PM) *
Thanks Gab,

I'm surprised at how many views there have been compared to how many comments and not a single poll input laugh.gif

Cheers

Phil

Sometimes people is shy and wastes the big opportunity of learning by interacting, by giving and receiving feedback. I'm sure that both Alex and you have learnt something thanks to that chat there. Imagine if everybody adds his input. This is why I always try to encourage students to join the mentoring programs and share videos and audios. Hope to see more feedback there.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Mar 31 2015, 09:07 PM
I used to be really shy but GMC has brought me out of my shell. It is because of the positiveness in the comments given when at the same time not giving false praise. Thank you.

I had to do my usual monthly production figures tonight so hardly had any time. I posted what I did HERE as it was all ear training.

I'll try to get some sound or video to you tomorrow or the day after then I am going away for four days so no practise other than in my head.

Cheers

Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 1 2015, 02:13 PM
Instructor
Hi Phil, that's the great advantage of positive and constructive feedback. It's a win win situation, we all learn from it. smile.gif

I'll check how the thread has continued now.

Looking forward your new stuff.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Apr 1 2015, 09:20 PM
Hello Gab,

I'm pretty disappointed with how this take has tuned out, I tried about 10 times and new problems appeared along with the old ones. I've had a very hard day at work today and have been awake since 02:15 (insomnia mad.gif ) but I've posted it anyway. I was using the tuner but only glancing at he last moment to see how the bend was. Not much time for alteration when playing along with the backing track anyway wink.gif

Rock Pop Solo

Alternate Picking. There are some left hand mistakes that made my picking go out out but I think I managed to recover. I've never been able to recover after a mistake before so something, somewhere is improving smile.gif

Hopefully I'll get you some Fu Manchu tomorrow if I sleep better tonight. My eyes are closing dry.gif

Cheers Gab

Phil

This post has been edited by Phil66: Apr 2 2015, 09:12 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 2 2015, 02:00 PM
Instructor
Hi Phil, even finding out that all the bends played on the video are out of pitch I can see improvements in your playing. The phrases from the lessons sound more natural and your picking, timing and overall playing more consistent. Give time to bending and keep on working on it. It is not a technique that is master in a few days, so please be patient. wink.gif

Your alternate picking movement looks great. Keep going.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Apr 2 2015, 02:24 PM
Thank Gab.
Nice to see that you noticed some improvements smile.gif I am a little better at bending to pitch when I'm just practicing that on its own; it's a whole different ball game when playing along with a backing track, more distractions; less time etc. I'll get there.
As I'm going away tomorrow for four days I've got a tuner on my phone that plays a reference note. I will try to copy it with my voice. This may help my ear training wink.gif
Have you even had a student that never managed to get bending to pitch right?

He is my attempt at the FuManchu lesson. 85bpm backing. First 16 bars BUT the 16th bar is altered until I can get the phrasing of those two bends, OH NO bends again blink.gif blink.gif blink.gif laugh.gif

How do I get rid of the sliding noises from 00:27 onwards when sliding on the double stop? unsure.gif

https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/fm-16-bars-85bpm-02042015

Ok, I'm away on a little break for four days now so hopefully I'll get something to you on Monday.

Cheers

Phil

This post has been edited by Phil66: Apr 2 2015, 09:11 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 3 2015, 08:01 PM
Instructor
Yes, everything becomes a bit trickier in a real music situation, that's why exercises are used for training but practicing full music lessons is the way to go. I had students that never master techniques but the reason has been that they never dedicated time seriously to progress as guitarists. Those that has been disciplined and worked hard could master everything they wanted.

The sliding sound is something natural that can become more disturbing depending on the tone and compression that you are using. In these cases, when the tone makes it sound even louder than the chord, I try to avoid the sliding by separating the fingers from the strings while changing chords.

I think that the fumanchu lesson is evolving really good, keep going.

Have a good time during this 4 days vacation. wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Apr 3 2015, 08:35 PM
Thanks for your encouragement Gab,
I will apply myself as much as my time allows, I just worry that my ear will let me down. Mechanical problems I know I can work on but if the ear I was born with is no good I will be really upset sad.gif
Cheers
Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 3 2015, 08:43 PM
Instructor
Ear can be trained, don't think it's impossible, work on it. Be patient and enjoy the journey. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Apr 3 2015, 10:09 PM
Thanks Gab
I really hope I can conquer my bad ear.
I will try my hardest.
Cheers
Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 4 2015, 09:59 PM
Instructor
You are on the right track, keep the hard work.

PS: I was distracted and tried to kill that insect in your profile picture. laugh.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Apr 6 2015, 06:58 PM
Hola Gab,

Gracias por tu consejo!

A few people have said that about my moving ant laugh.gif

Do you think something like THIS is worth getting? If only one which of the two or would it be better to go for both? I don't really want to spend that kind of money on that kind of thing but if you think it will work I would risk it.

Cheers

This post has been edited by Phil66: Apr 6 2015, 06:59 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post

161 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 03:29 PM