Hey Gmcers!, Something that really helped me out!
guitarguy93
Jul 31 2012, 04:47 PM
GMC:er
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIEnzboW0Hc

I get that video from a guy that's rather famous on Ultimate-Guitar.com, and he's a monster on guitar! The right hand muting position helped me to find an easier way for me to play the guitar - By muting with my thumb, rather than my palm. Not sure how many people will be able to get the same progress from simply rotating their wrist, but I jumped about 20BPM in about a day just doing this.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Music is a way of life. You live it, you don't just listen.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 4)
Todd Simpson
Aug 1 2012, 12:02 AM
Two handed muting is critical for playing with high gain IMHO. You are using your palm mostly for muting below the picked strings, and the left hand for muting above them when needed in cases where you are not muting the entire range with the palm. Being able to control unwanted noise is something that takes time but is also one of the first things that makes a player sound practiced/better.

QUOTE (guitarguy93 @ Jul 31 2012, 11:47 AM) *
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIEnzboW0Hc

I get that video from a guy that's rather famous on Ultimate-Guitar.com, and he's a monster on guitar! The right hand muting position helped me to find an easier way for me to play the guitar - By muting with my thumb, rather than my palm. Not sure how many people will be able to get the same progress from simply rotating their wrist, but I jumped about 20BPM in about a day just doing this.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 1 2012, 08:47 AM
Instructor
Great video.. the guy's really analysed the left hand muting situation. Muting can be quite a hard thing to describe ! tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 1 2012, 04:56 PM
Instructor
It's a very useful video. Muting the strings that you are not playing is as important as what you are actually playing. If you don't do it right everything will sound noisy and dirty. There are many way to do it, everybody has its method but it's cool if this video has helped you to improve your way. Thanks for sharing.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Yash
Aug 1 2012, 05:32 PM
Thanks for sharing smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 02:14 AM