2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Ibanez Grg270, Another Ibanez experience...
FretDancer69
Aug 10 2007, 05:48 AM
GMC:er
Hello people, today i went to the guitar shop and i was trying for some awesome Ibanez guitars. And i tried the Ibanez GRG270, it was amazing... ohmy.gif it was so smooth, so fast, so amazing... My tapping sounded so much better than in my Squier tongue.gif .

So i liked the guitar alot, hell, i couldnt stop thinking about it the whole day. So i wanted to buy it, but first i wanted to consult with you guys. I know that if i like it, i should buy it. But i still want to hear more.

It says on www.ibanez.com, that it has a ILT1 bridge; never heard of that bridge. But im sure its some kind of Floyd Rose or something similar. You know, the pain in the ass process but awesome playing:P

So i wanted to know more about this bridge. And id like to read some experiences as well with this guitar, and if somebody owns it, id love to hear from them!!

Thanks. smile.gif

Peace.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by FretDancer69: Aug 10 2007, 06:54 AM

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Aug 10 2007, 01:21 PM
Moderation Policy Director
I don't know the guitar, but yesterday I restrung a Floyd Rose (on my Jem) for the first time. I followed the following guidelines, and once I had figured out the mechanism, it took me maybe twice as long as a regular restring, say half an hour or so.

1. Use the same gauage and brand of strings to restring (or all bets are off and you will need to readjust which WILL take a hile)
2. Only change one string at a time.

I was pleasantly surprised ...

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Aug 10 2007, 06:26 PM
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Aug 10 2007, 06:21 AM) *
I don't know the guitar, but yesterday I restrung a Floyd Rose (on my Jem) for the first time. I followed the following guidelines, and once I had figured out the mechanism, it took me maybe twice as long as a regular restring, say half an hour or so.

1. Use the same gauage and brand of strings to restring (or all bets are off and you will need to readjust which WILL take a hile)

I was pleasantly surprised ...

ok, ill keep that in mind. Thanks Andrew.

Can anyone tell me about this bridge?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rvddps
Aug 12 2007, 12:56 AM
QUOTE (FretDancer69 @ Aug 10 2007, 06:26 PM) *
ok, ill keep that in mind. Thanks Andrew.

Can anyone tell me about this bridge?

I looked on the ibanez site under the UK, and it says that it comes with an edge III. Personally, i don't like the edge III, but if it's set up right, it will be fine for a while. I would definitely buy it over a squier, they're terrible. But i'd work on saving for a prestige if i were you.

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Aug 12 2007, 04:26 AM
QUOTE (Rvddps @ Aug 11 2007, 05:56 PM) *
I looked on the ibanez site under the UK, and it says that it comes with an edge III. Personally, i don't like the edge III, but if it's set up right, it will be fine for a while. I would definitely buy it over a squier, they're terrible. But i'd work on saving for a prestige if i were you.

but why does it says it is built with an ILT1 bridge then? huh.gif Yeah at first i wanted to get a Prestige, but they are too expensive for me...so i guess i should start forgetting about the Prestige one.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rvddps
Aug 12 2007, 06:28 AM
QUOTE (FretDancer69 @ Aug 12 2007, 04:26 AM) *
but why does it says it is built with an ILT1 bridge then? huh.gif Yeah at first i wanted to get a Prestige, but they are too expensive for me...so i guess i should start forgetting about the Prestige one.

What says a ILT1 bridge? can you give me a link?

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Aug 14 2007, 03:41 AM
QUOTE (Rvddps @ Aug 11 2007, 11:28 PM) *
What says a ILT1 bridge? can you give me a link?

if i give you the exact link, it wont work. I tried sending it to a friend.

But i can give you the instructions how to get there
  1. Go to www.ibanez.com
  2. Choose "Honduras" as your country
  3. Go to Electric Guitars
  4. Click on RG Tremolo located at the left
  5. Click on GRG270 located at the list at the left

and now you'll see the guitar and all its features. now notice the kind of bridge and its the one I mentioned before.

--------------------

+Quote Post
MickeM
Aug 14 2007, 03:52 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Aug 10 2007, 02:21 PM) *

With only two arms I don't think I could manage more than one at a time laugh.gif

Just a tip, I put a wooden block under the tremolo to keep it in place then I cut all the strings off so I can get a chanse to clean frets and fretboard and also oil the fretboard.

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Aug 14 2007, 03:58 AM
QUOTE (MickeM @ Aug 13 2007, 10:52 PM) *
With only two arms I don't think I could manage more than one at a time laugh.gif

You must be a mutant then - why haven't you got 12 like the rest of us??

QUOTE (MickeM @ Aug 13 2007, 10:52 PM) *
Just a tip, I put a wooden block under the tremolo to keep it in place then I cut all the strings off so I can get a chanse to clean frets and fretboard and also oil the fretboard.

Actually my first ever string change wasn't too painful as I used the mutated 2 armed trick above - now I know not to be scared I'll do it your way next time!

--------------------

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Aug 14 2007, 04:22 AM
Ok guys..... i just wanna know if this weird bridge is an Edge III or an Edge Pro...PLEASE sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Aug 14 2007, 04:42 AM
QUOTE (FretDancer69 @ Aug 13 2007, 11:22 PM) *
Ok guys..... i just wanna know if this weird bridge is an Edge III or an Edge Pro...PLEASE sad.gif

Calm down! You won't get people to help you if you get upset like that ...

I had a quick look and all I can say is that it doesn't look anything like an Edge Pro.

--------------------

My Stuff:

+Quote Post
MickeM
Aug 14 2007, 04:58 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (FretDancer69 @ Aug 14 2007, 05:22 AM) *

Probably it's a cheaper version of the Edge III. Just guessing.

And I'm sorry for not staying on subject in your thread.

+Quote Post
Sergeant_Ant
Aug 14 2007, 05:09 AM
looks like a modified edge, kinda looks like the one on the Joe Satriani guitar near the front...

--------------------
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix

"Whenever society gets too stifling and the rules get too complex, there's some sort of musical explosion" - Slash / Guns 'n Roses

"Play the music, not the instrument." - Author Unknown

Equpiment
Guitars: Ibanez RG350EX
Fender Stratocaster S-S-S
Effects: None
Amps: Fender SP-10

www.myspace.com/sergeantant

+Quote Post
Rvddps
Aug 14 2007, 10:49 PM
I've never seen that bridge before? It looks kinda like a Jackson floyd copy? hmm, its up to you, but its a risk remember, you get what you pay for.

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Aug 15 2007, 04:26 AM
QUOTE (Rvddps @ Aug 14 2007, 03:49 PM) *
I've never seen that bridge before? It looks kinda like a Jackson floyd copy? hmm, its up to you, but its a risk remember, you get what you pay for.

ugh i guess you're right sad.gif .

but one question here, Are Edge Pro bridges available only for Prestige models or do some RG have them? and if so, can you give me some models that do?

thanks.
???

This post has been edited by FretDancer69: Aug 16 2007, 03:47 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Aug 17 2007, 02:21 AM
A Question: Are Edge Pro bridges available only for Prestige models or do some RG have them? and if so, can you give me some models that do?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Anomaly
Aug 17 2007, 03:00 AM
QUOTE (FretDancer69 @ Aug 14 2007, 04:41 AM) *
  1. Go to www.ibanez.com
  2. Choose "Honduras" as your country
  3. Go to Electric Guitars
  4. Click on RG Tremolo located at the left
  5. Click on GRG270 located at the list at the left
and now you'll see the guitar and all its features. now notice the kind of bridge and its the one I mentioned before.

I went there, and that guitar is GRG270 like you say, but on the other sites (if you choose other countries) there is only an GRG270B.
So maybe the site is out of date. You should first check with the store if they even have this model. Maybe they do and maybe not, but no store has all models.

And then you're gonna have to wait for a certain model and in the mean time you can save up for a prestige. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Aug 17 2007, 03:01 AM
QUOTE (FretDancer69 @ Aug 16 2007, 09:21 PM) *
A Question: Are Edge Pro bridges available only for Prestige models or do some RG have them? and if so, can you give me some models that do?

As far as I am aware, the Edge Pro is only available on the Prestige line but I am not an expoert - you can go to their website and check it out.

--------------------

My Stuff:

+Quote Post
Anomaly
Aug 17 2007, 03:01 AM
QUOTE (FretDancer69 @ Aug 17 2007, 03:21 AM) *

I don't think the Edge Pro is on any non Prestige guitar.

+Quote Post
Anomaly
Aug 17 2007, 03:13 AM
QUOTE (Anomaly @ Aug 17 2007, 04:00 AM) *
And then you're gonna have to wait for a certain model and in the mean time you can save up for a prestige. smile.gif

- Yes, I just quoted myself.

And some stores have a discount if you pay with cash.
And if you check under reviews Stratman's (congratulations) review of RG1570, he payed 750 dollars, but on the Ibanez site it says it's 999.99 (or something like this) dollars.

And if you buy now something still expensive but not what you want, then you're probably going to regret it. Unless if later you're going to sell that still-expensive guitar and buy what you want.

Did you try a Prestige out?

This post has been edited by Anomaly: Aug 17 2007, 03:14 AM

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:12 PM