Silent Civilian, Why isn't this band more popular?!?
ZakkWylde
Aug 28 2010, 09:56 PM
Learning Tone Master
Hey guys I want to share this band with you all that I recently discovered:

This is from their newest record:

They are called Silent Civilian and they are sort of a modern Metal/Metalcore/Thrash Metal Band who have put out 2 records now. I absolutely love their sound and music (propably because I am playing a very similar style with my own band). The drums are incredible but at no times over the top, the riffs and leads are awesome and the vocals are really powerfull!

Here is some older, more metalcore-like stuff by the band:

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
gotaG
Aug 28 2010, 10:30 PM
GMC:er
thanks for sharing!
sometimes i really like listening to metalcore, i just saw a few more vids from them on youtube and i definitely will get both records from them asap!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Aug 29 2010, 03:16 AM
Instructor
that second one sounds a little like strapping young lad,

it's a great band indeed,

but it's getting a bit cliched to do the clean vocal choruses after screaming verses,

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Aug 29 2010, 03:34 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Hmmm, that was actually pretty cool smile.gif
Thanks for sharing mate smile.gif

+Quote Post
Mudbone
Aug 29 2010, 04:55 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Their songs are very well crafted, and the music is pretty good, but the American metal scene is COMPLETELY saturated with bands that have pretty much the same sound and image. It then just boils down to who gets the most support from their label.

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Aug 29 2010, 05:37 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Got to agree. SC haven't gotten much attention probably cause there just another band in a thousand on the scene. Saturation is a good word I think, the scene is soaked with this kind of stuff, hard to make your music stand out and get proper attention, especially in America.

+Quote Post
Vasilije Vukmiro...
Aug 29 2010, 11:05 AM
Jazz Instructor
They are very good. Still, it seems that market is saturated with lots of good bands....

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 10:18 AM