2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Steve Vai
The JEM
Jun 15 2007, 12:26 AM
GMC:er
wat do you you guys think of him. he's my favorite guitarist

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
stratman33
Jun 15 2007, 12:57 AM
He's a great guitar player. I love his song called Whispering a prayer. Heres a link: Whispering a prayer

I also love his guitar and will get one some day rolleyes.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by stratman33: Jun 15 2007, 12:59 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
The JEM
Jun 15 2007, 01:16 AM
yeah im getting a jem soon

+Quote Post
JVM
Jun 15 2007, 01:40 AM
Learning Roadie
Vai is great. Definitely inspiring for me.

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jun 15 2007, 02:14 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
One of my biggest inspirations, "Whispering A Prayer" is probably my second favorite song of all time, its so Beautiful it makes me shake!

His technique is just mindblowing!

+Quote Post
VinceG
Jun 16 2007, 07:43 AM
meh hes ok.

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Jun 17 2007, 09:45 PM
His composing abilities are amazing, his playing amazing, his singing...... not so great, firewall did not really impress me. I absolutly love what he has done with his music, the crying machine and building the church are my two favorite songs. Im going to see him in toronto on September 23 right after firewind on the 22nd promising to be a good weekend smile.gif

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jun 17 2007, 10:04 PM
Instructor
Well, Steve Vai was the guy that actually made me practice the guitar so i think that speaks for itself!

Oh, did i mention i have a JEM just like his?? biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Pavel: Jun 17 2007, 10:04 PM

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
GroovinMastiff
Jun 17 2007, 10:34 PM
Well, what can I say? Steve Vai is the man is as simple as I can put it, and I'm looking forward to his new cd with the Metroplole Orchestra smile.gif

Every time I see a video of him perform, it reminds me of why I picked up the guitar in the first place wink.gif

If you haven't seen some of his performances with the Metropole Orchestra, check this one out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34y4JgVJjEc
It's a cool rendition of his song "Answers".

@Smikey2006: I'm going to see him on the 23rd of September as well! I'll probably see you there somewhere among the crowd smile.gif

--------------------
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." - Albert Einstein

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Jun 17 2007, 11:45 PM
Hey Grooven we shud make a GMC handsignal of some kind so we can perhaps see eachother from afar smile.gif

--------------------
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack

+Quote Post
GroovinMastiff
Jun 18 2007, 12:05 AM
QUOTE (Smikey2006 @ Jun 17 2007, 07:45 PM) *
Hey Grooven we shud make a GMC handsignal of some kind so we can perhaps see eachother from afar smile.gif

For sure! We can come up with one when the concert date is closer, just so I don't forget it by then biggrin.gif

--------------------
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." - Albert Einstein

+Quote Post
Ibanez_player
Jun 18 2007, 12:28 AM
I'm going to see him in September biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Jun 18 2007, 12:51 AM
Ibanez player are you seeing him on the 23rd by chance biggrin.gif

--------------------
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 20 2007, 05:43 AM
Instructor
I think that he is the guitar god!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jun 20 2007, 04:27 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
AND I AGREE!!

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jun 20 2007, 05:43 PM
Instructor
Talking about guitar gods.... i LOVE Steve Vai - just for the record!!!

BUT again - guys if you don't think about GODs it will make your life easier and more interesting! None of them is a GOD - absolutely NONE of them!!!!
Those "GODS" you refer to have over 20 years of experience with guitar!

They are PROFESSIONAL GUITARISTS!!

If you think of it like that you'll live much more comfortable and you won't hit the wall each time you can't play something! It's just the practice that made them so good!!

Take it as a friendly advice! smile.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Ryan
Jun 20 2007, 06:47 PM
QUOTE (Pavel @ Jun 20 2007, 11:43 AM) *

BUT again - guys if you don't think about GODs it will make your life easier and more interesting! None of them is a GOD - absolutely NONE of them!!!!

If you think of it like that you'll live much more comfortable and you won't hit the wall each time you can't play something! It's just the practice that made them so good!!

Good advice!!

--------------------
“Obey the principles without being bound by them.”

+Quote Post
The JEM
Jun 21 2007, 04:08 AM
QUOTE (Pavel @ Jun 17 2007, 04:04 PM) *
Well, Steve Vai was the guy that actually made me practice the guitar so i think that speaks for itself!

Oh, did i mention i have a JEM just like his?? biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

im trying to find a way of making a custom jem of my own so it wont be a copy. can i do this at ibanez.com or what.
note: doing this like 10 years from now when ill hopefully have a job and money

sweet. i got like the second highest comments on my posts.
f$%# yeah

--------------------
my gear :
gibson sg standard ebony finish
roland 30 cube amp
boss ds-1 ultra mod pedal
crybaby 535(i think)
very hard dunlop picks
ernie ball super light strings (the pink package)
and some short skinny fingers attached to my hand

+Quote Post
shredmandan
Jun 21 2007, 04:11 AM
Steve Vai is one of the best guitarist there is.
I saw him in Nasville ,Tennessee at a bar and he had his jem with lights built in to the fretboard,and had these laser light rings on his fingers.Dont forget about his bass player Billy.My opinion he is the best bass player i have EVER heard.

--------------------
My Gear
Cort X-2 electric with 24 frets and 2 humbucker's dark Blue
Kustom DFX100 With Celestion Speakers,and thats it now (lol)

My Advice
Figure out what you want in life early.Wether it's the girl,the partying
or mastering the guitar.Adding any 2 together will get in your way.

+Quote Post
GroovinMastiff
Jun 21 2007, 05:29 AM
QUOTE (Pavel @ Jun 20 2007, 01:43 PM) *

You're absolutely correct. All those excellent guitarists are human beings like the rest of us, and as Pavel says, they just have years of intensive practice sessions under their belt, anyone can get good with A LOT of hard work and the right attitude. wink.gif

Besides, if look through any biology book to read about genes that contribute to musical talent, you won't find anything, because those genes don't exist! What you see a great guitar player do on stage for maybe a couple hours is the result of years spent with their instrument in the "woodshed".

So don't give up, it's a super-cliched saying, but it really pays dividends if you follow it with regards to the guitar or any other skill you want to develop. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 12:20 AM