Many Problems After Subscription Ended
twist
Apr 14 2010, 01:44 PM
GMC:er
Hello...

Since i had a long time without the ability to write to the forum, i thought it would be a good idea to report my problems because i think those things could scare away a lot of users if they happen more often.

In general it summarizes as a very limited access to the site. I understand that without a subscription i cant view certain parts of the site, obviously the lessons and i thought that some of the instructor boards would be ok too. But a huge part of the forum disappeared for me. I cant tell which parts exactly but most of the instructor boards were gone.

I could not write to most parts of the forum too. That was weird because in some places i still could post things.
Heres a list of the forum parts and what i was able to do:

GMC, Lessons and Practicing - Reply and New Topic possible
Community Activities and Tutorials (and all sub-boards) - Nothing
Chill Out Room - Nothing
Wiki and Reviews > Wiki Writers - Reply and New Topic possible
Wiki and Reviews > Gear Reviews - Nothing
Wiki and Reviews > Album Reviews - Nothing
Wiki and Reviews > Concert Reviews - Nothing
Introduce Yourself ! - Reply and New Topic possible
Misc. Discussions > Electronic Entertainment - Reply and New Topic possible
Misc. Discussions > GMC site feedback & suggestions - Nothing

Additionaly i could not see attachments in the forum.

This would all be somehow ok, i thought its because my subscription ended that i lost some rights in the forum, if i didnt end up with less rights than a guest on this site. This means that i could see more in the forum without logging in. All boards were visible and also the attachments.

Maybe this is a desired behaviour or just a temporary bug (temporary = happened only to me) but cutting down the rights like this could realy force some users away from this site...

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
rivers just happen

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MickeM
Apr 14 2010, 01:47 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (twist @ Apr 14 2010, 02:44 PM) *
cutting down the rights like this could realy force some users away from this site...

Or attract subscribing membership wink.gif

For subscription matters or problems with such please contact Maria. She'd be interested to know if this is a bug I'm sure.
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...=4&MID=1667

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 04:56 AM