Any Good Orchestral Vst For Vista?
Rated Htr
Oct 7 2008, 11:47 AM
Experienced Rock Star
So, I have some vsts but most of them I have to put in my desktop so they can work properly since it has XP, but I don't use the desktop that much since it's my father's, I wanted to know if there's any vst to do orchestral arrangements for vista or if it's really necessary to put my laptop with XP...

Say whatever suggestions you want, free or payable

Thanks

/Filipe

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Currently Practicing

Rhythm: Finnish Power Metal III: Nightwish
Legato: Ben's Land Of Legato
Alternate Picking: Alternate Picking Workout #5
Chords: Chord Melody Technique

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Oct 7 2008, 11:59 AM
Singing Instructor
I use Edirol Orchestral,It is not the best there is out there but,you haw every thing you need.Solo instruments ,full orchestral arr,percussions...etc.I work in XP(Nuendo),I am shore that the prog. will work in Vista also.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Oct 7 2008, 08:57 PM
Instructor
My vote for Edirol Orchestral as well. Also if you do get it - read the manual. You will not know how to use it properly without one go through the manual, because it is not so intuitive-made.

It can work on Vista.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
ItsMe
Oct 7 2008, 09:11 PM
GMC:er
Check out the Garritan Personal Orchestra

It's just great. I only have the pocket ochestra which is a totally striped down version. But its a very good product. Check out the demos on the page

http://www.garritan.com/GPO-features.html

Edit: Sorry, just found it that the engine doesn't work in vista

This post has been edited by ItsMe: Oct 7 2008, 09:12 PM

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Oct 8 2008, 01:46 AM
Moderation Policy Director
Another vote for GPO here - great value for money!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Rousseau Mannan
Oct 9 2008, 01:55 AM
Instructor
So far what i've seen, Vienna has the best orchestral collection. EastWest Symphonic Choir is also just mind blowing. It comes with a text editor where you can input the phonetics and it will produce insane realistic choir. But the downside is its too expensive. I used it at a friends studio in NY and always wanted to have it. Maybe one day biggrin.gif

I personally use Propellerhead REASON 4.0. I've been using it since 2002, ever since the first version was released. And it virtually replaced the need of any other vst instrument or keyboard. Good thing about reason is it comes with two wonderful tonebanks. One of them is the Orchester bank which includes only orchestral patches. These samples where taken by students and faculties of Berklee School of Music. And the best thing about reason is, using a inbuilt instrument called the combinator, u can have different layers of tone in one note. meaning, you can set different tones in one key for different velocity. Reason can work by itself or in a rewire mode with the host software. I use it with Sonar PE 7

Please share if you know anymore good Orchestral VST. Would love to experiment.

This post has been edited by Rousseau Mannan: Oct 9 2008, 05:49 PM

--------------------
Check out my MySpace Page
Check out my Website
Check out my Facebook Page

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Oct 9 2008, 01:02 PM
Moderation Policy Director
For real high end I have head that Vienna Symphonic Library is about the best out there (VSL) - talk about expensive though, it is heinous! I bet its good though!

East West is more affordable, and could be on my list now you recommend it Rosseau!

--------------------
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Siggum
Oct 9 2008, 01:12 PM
Yup, the Vienna symphonic library is the top of the pyramid, ive heard some samples and it sounds really realistic... it's way outta my league though both in price and purpose, i think its more aimed towards movie producers or classical arrangers that wants to compose and test pieces without hierring a complete orchestra.

Check it out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GB_QueMQ7kI...ated&fmt=18

--------------------

It dont mean a thing if it aint got that swing

+Quote Post
Rousseau Mannan
Oct 9 2008, 05:45 PM
Instructor
Hey Andrew, Im sorry, i meant Vienna. (For some reason I typed East-West, Dont know why blink.gif ). Thanks guys for reminding me of Vienna. Ill edit it in my previos post. But EastWest Symphonic Choir is great.

This post has been edited by Rousseau Mannan: Oct 9 2008, 05:49 PM

--------------------
Check out my MySpace Page
Check out my Website
Check out my Facebook Page

+Quote Post
Twibeard
Oct 9 2008, 07:15 PM
QUOTE (Rousseau Mannan @ Oct 9 2008, 06:45 PM) *
... But EastWest Symphonic Choir is great.

I saw the demo on Youtube ... Amazing software. It looks like EastWest has stopped the production? Anyone know where to buy this peace of software??

Twibeard

--------------------

Guitar: Ibanez RG370DXCE my backup is a Fender Strat.
Amps: Marshall MG and Line6 Spider III 75W combo (preferred)

Recording stuff: Cubase SX3, Logic emagic, Novation ReMote SL, M-Audio Pro
Synth experiance: Roland, MoTu, Native Instrument, Spectrasonics and Steinberg
Main VST's: Kontakt2, FM8, Bass station, Ezdrummer, MoTu EI, Atmosphere, Crystall

+Quote Post
ItsMe
Oct 9 2008, 07:49 PM
I talked to some guys that make the music for some gaming and video studios. If there is now budget for a real orchestra they use Vienna or Garritan Personal Orchstra

compare these demos:

http://vsl.co.at/Player2.aspx?Lang=1&DemoID=5040 Vienna
http://www.garritan.com/mp3/Beethoven-5thSymphony.mp3 GPO

It's incerdible what you can do with that stuff. I sit down and work for hours on some score and the product is lifless and without dynamics. The guys that programed these examples most have have used every possible arcticulation for each single voice. Sounds very real.

This post has been edited by ItsMe: Oct 9 2008, 07:56 PM

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Oct 10 2008, 12:38 PM
Singing Instructor
QUOTE (Siggum @ Oct 9 2008, 02:12 PM) *
Yup, the Vienna symphonic library is the top of the pyramid, ive heard some samples and it sounds really realistic... it's way outta my league though both in price and purpose, i think its more aimed towards movie producers or classical arrangers that wants to compose and test pieces without hierring a complete orchestra.

Check it out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GB_QueMQ7kI...ated&fmt=18

This is the best VST out there. smile.gif Thanks Siggum for the link.

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 03:21 PM