Active Speakers
Pio Jr.
Dec 1 2008, 05:10 PM
Learning Roadie
Hey GMC,

I'm recently the proud owner of toneport UX2 (thx guys for helping me out). I already record 3 songs. But i use my old stereoamp. So i'm looking for some good quality, but not to expensive active speakers (+/- 150 ~ 200€)

Any suggestions what i should buy or interesting info on active speakers? Or should i use my guitar amp? I record drum, mic, guitar, bass and vocals

gear: ESP LTD viper 301, BOSS GT6, Toneport UX2, marshall half-stack, peavey bandit

Thx Pio Jr.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitartonemaster.com - +2500 free guitar jam- & backing tracks -
All styles (Blues, Rock, Metal, Ballad, Reggae, Jazz, Acoustic, Funk,...) -
Backing Tracks: Top 10 Backing Tracks
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
skennington
Dec 1 2008, 05:18 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Hi Pio,

I can recommend the RP5's by KRK..
http://www.zzounds.com/item--KRKRP5

These are 75w Bi-amped power and sound really nice for a low budget studio monitor. I bought mine off of ebay for around $150 for the pair if my memory serves me well. I would suggest having a look around on the "Bay" and see what you can find. Good luck! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 2 2008, 12:46 AM
Instructor
I know you're on a limited budget but check out this mate. They are a bit expensive and you will eventually have to buy a proper amp for them (until then you can use that old one you have). Before you think I'm probably insane about giving you this model, let me tell you that if you do get it you won't regret every single penny mate and beyond.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Dejan Farkas
Dec 2 2008, 01:11 AM
Instructor
I recommend you some Genius 2.1 desktop speakers, you can get them for low price and they sound good.. for 200 euros you cannot find good studio monitors smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pio Jr.
Dec 2 2008, 05:24 PM
Learning Roadie
Thx guys for the reply's

I shall take a look on the website www.thomann.de to buy some gear

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 2 2008, 09:32 PM
Instructor
This look like a way to go mate. THey are slighly out of budget but not too much.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pio Jr.
Dec 3 2008, 04:39 PM
Learning Roadie
Problems choosing actieve speaker. I compare the speakers but i don't now what to choose. grr

Compare page

Favorietes are: NEAR05 EXPERIENCE and RP5 G2 ROKIT

70w would that be enough for my small rehearsel room ?

--------------------

+Quote Post
skennington
Dec 3 2008, 05:30 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Hi Pio,

How big is your rehersal room and will you be the only on playing through them (Just the guitar parts)? These may be a bit small for your set up. I think the RP5's are mainly geared for small home studio's, I could be wrong but as with mine, I certainly would not want to be rehersing live with them.

+Quote Post
Dejan Farkas
Dec 3 2008, 05:38 PM
Instructor
Choosing between these two, I would go for KRK Rokit smile.gif

I have M-Audio StudioPro3 monitors, 10W and I rarely use it above the half of the power, so 70W would be much more than enough wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pio Jr.
Dec 3 2008, 05:45 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (skennington @ Dec 3 2008, 05:30 PM) *
Hi Pio,

How big is your rehersal room and will you be the only on playing through them (Just the guitar parts)? These may be a bit small for your set up. I think the RP5's are mainly geared for small home studio's, I could be wrong but as with mine, I certainly would not want to be rehersing live with them.

It's a small rehearsel room (5mx3m), I record drum (EZdrummer), vocals, guitar, bass (toneport) and want to hear it through the speakers. Not extremly load, so i doesn't get hearing problems wink.gif

QUOTE (Dejan Farkas @ Dec 3 2008, 05:38 PM) *
Choosing between these two, I would go for KRK Rokit smile.gif

I have M-Audio StudioPro3 monitors, 10W and I rarely use it above the half of the power, so 70W would be much more than enough wink.gif

Thx Dejan for usefull information! KRK +1

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 4 2008, 02:27 PM
Instructor
NEAR05 by pair = 220e
ROKIT RP5 G2 by piece = 150e (which means that pair is 300e)

If you have the money go for ROKIT, cause they are more heavier and they probably have the better sound. DOn't worry about the power - 2x35W is more than enough for home use. You will rarely go above half if that much.

This post has been edited by Ivan Milenkovic: Dec 4 2008, 02:28 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Dec 4 2008, 06:34 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Well if you have the difference in price , you can go with ROKIT..The power should not concern you much because it will be plenty enough for your room to do your recording and mixing! smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Dec 4 2008, 06:59 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
The KRK Rokit series are very good, the new "cheap" Mackie studio monitors are nice and the ESI mentioned my Ivan as well as Event are great monitors as well smile.gif

The KRK Rokit series are very good, the new "cheap" Mackie studio monitors are nice and the ESI mentioned my Ivan as well as Event are great monitors as well smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 12:57 PM