Stamino
azureus
Dec 27 2012, 08:43 PM
GMC:er
sad.gif Gosh
I prctise the stamino lesson from Ben !!..diffeculd 2 !!
For me a 5 mad.gif ..i practise it over a trance track ,and when the melodie start's i get emotional ,excited !..and LOOSE the control over the pick!...is this normal ?! : sad.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Frederik
Dec 27 2012, 09:39 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
no, guitar players are ice-cold shredders wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Frederik: Dec 27 2012, 09:39 PM

+Quote Post
azureus
Dec 27 2012, 10:50 PM
QUOTE (Frederik @ Dec 27 2012, 08:39 PM) *
no, guitar players are ice-cold shredders wink.gif

ohmy.gif really ?

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Dec 28 2012, 02:13 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (azureus @ Dec 27 2012, 08:43 PM) *
sad.gif Gosh
For me a 5 mad.gif ..i practise it over a trance track ,and when the melodie start's i get emotional ,excited !..and LOOSE the control over the pick!...is this normal ?! : sad.gif

Yes - this is normal. Stamina (strength) takes time to get developed. As soon as we start feeling tired, its very easy to loose control. Try to practice it in short bursts (1 minute at a time max) and then push yourself. Also adjust the tempo to one that you feel you have control over. Its perfectly fine to get emotional and distracted from time to time when practicing, especially something repetitive like a pure guitar exercise. Its important to try to get focused 100% on the task at hand when executing the exercise. Soon it will sink in into your muscle memory and it will be much easier for you to play. Usually the next morning this "phenomenon" happens.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 28 2012, 09:25 AM
Instructor
As Bogdan said, it's a normal thing and it happens to everyone - the solution is to slow down and allow your body to adapt step by step. It's like wanting to run a marathon and succeed without ever running a marathon before - slow is the way to go and do not think like you are in a competition, ok? smile.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
azureus
Dec 28 2012, 09:52 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Dec 28 2012, 08:25 AM) *
As Bogdan said, it's a normal thing and it happens to everyone - the solution is to slow down and allow your body to adapt step by step. It's like wanting to run a marathon and succeed without ever running a marathon before - .. and do not think like you are in a competition, ok? smile.gif

Cosmin

Thank you guy's for the great advice !!
Yesterday ,i dit it fairly slow over a track ,so ,as Bogdan said the next day it's there ,...
Now ,i gone see what's happens !!..i am curius rolleyes.gif
And Cosmin !....slow is the way to go!...i hope me mind adapt this to !! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 28 2012, 10:10 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (azureus @ Dec 28 2012, 08:52 AM) *
Thank you guy's for the great advice !!
Yesterday ,i dit it fairly slow over a track ,so ,as Bogdan said the next day it's there ,...
Now ,i gone see what's happens !!..i am curius rolleyes.gif
And Cosmin !....slow is the way to go!...i hope me mind adapt this to !! smile.gif

When the mind strays, prove that you are in control and slow it down - focus on this wink.gif

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Dec 28 2012, 10:31 AM
I feel you! i've been praticing this riff here you have to go no stop Down picking at 100 bpm doing semiquavers (16'ths notes) for like 8 bars (4/4)biggrin.gif i die every single time...one week later well i still die but its gettin easier!

This post has been edited by MonkeyDAthos: Dec 28 2012, 10:32 AM

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
azureus
Dec 28 2012, 10:37 AM

Cosmin ,today i do it like this ...slow !!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 28 2012, 10:53 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (azureus @ Dec 27 2012, 07:43 PM) *
sad.gif Gosh

Hi Guy, it's good to hear that you're working on this. In my opinion, rhythm playing is so important and it also provides the foundation for a lot of our technique smile.gif

I gave the lesson a 2 rating because the actual techniques involved/chord changes are incredibly simple.. but it depends how fast you play it. If you play it faster then it will become difficult smile.gif

As the guys said, stamina is something that is developed over time by regularly exposing yourself to the actions which demand stamina. In this case, it is playing riffs with down strokes.

I think stamina is best developed in bursts of activity, rather than just flogging yourself yourself really hard without a break at all, which is why I like to put the down strokes next to a small moment of inactivity. This is represented by the chord ringing out between each set of down strokes. If you do it like this then you get to work out your stamina but also have a small rest in between so you have a greater chance of going for longer without fatigue or injury.

Sometimes it's good to push yourself to do a few repetitions at a much faster pace for a short time and then have a short rest and come back down to the slower tempo again. To develop stamina and improve it we need to be constantly pushing our capabilities smile.gif

QUOTE (azureus @ Dec 28 2012, 09:37 AM) *

In this video, you are doing alternate picking - up and down strokes. This is different to doing constant down strokes. Even if you get really fast at alternate picking, you will still find it tough to do constant down strokes.

Practising to trance music will only give you a limited window of development because all trance is generally between 130-140bpm (something like that!) and all you can really do is play 8th notes over that with down strokes which isn't going to do anything for you really.

I would say to start with something like 150-160bpm with 8th note down strokes and go from there smile.gif

+Quote Post
azureus
Dec 28 2012, 02:43 PM
Thank you Ben ,
For this great advise ,i start richt away !
It's the low E string in general ,that gives me problems !
I practise now with a STYLUS pick ,to get rid of me bad habbit ,to dig in the strings !
But ,most of the time ,on the low E ,i get under the string with the stylus !!
And indeed ,i have to work on that rhythm playing !
I go practise the motions separated !?

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 28 2012, 03:01 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (azureus @ Dec 28 2012, 01:43 PM) *
Thank you Ben ,
I practise now with a STYLUS pick ,to get rid of me bad habbit ,to dig in the strings !

I would recommend to use a normal pick to practice things like down strokes and any other rhythm playing.

The Stylus pick is designed specifically for working on alternate picking on one string. smile.gif

When playing riffs and things like that, you need to be able to have more natural movement of arm, hand, wrist etc.. it's all part of rhythm.

So, the Stylus is good for just working on the up/down motion of alternate picking but for anything else, use a normal pick smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 28 2012, 03:17 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (azureus @ Dec 28 2012, 10:43 AM) *
Thank you Ben ,

yes, picking in the lower strings is always a bit more difficult because they are thicker, but if you practice slowly, over metronome, every day, you will start to feel more comfortable with this until you will find that there are no limits. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
azureus
Dec 28 2012, 03:35 PM
wub.gif Thank you Guy's ,i will do !!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 28 2012, 09:41 PM
Instructor
How does the stylus pick work for you azureus? I heard some things about it smile.gif

+Quote Post
Bossie
Dec 29 2012, 04:40 AM
QUOTE (azureus @ Dec 28 2012, 10:37 AM) *

You'll get it man ..nice guitar BTW... wink.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 29 2012, 06:23 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (azureus @ Dec 28 2012, 11:35 AM) *
wub.gif Thank you Guy's ,i will do !!

Ok, keep us updated! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 29 2012, 08:49 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (azureus @ Dec 28 2012, 09:37 AM) *

Very good mate! You could pump up the guitar volume a bit so that we may hear you better, but out of what I am seeing there, it looks like it's well executed!

+Quote Post
azureus
Dec 29 2012, 03:40 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Dec 29 2012, 07:49 AM) *
Very good mate! You could pump up the guitar volume a bit so that we may hear you better, but out of what I am seeing there, it looks like it's well executed!

wink.gif Cosmin ,

Yes ,about the stylus pick,..i find it verry ,verry helpful when you have the habbit to dig in your pick !!
I think ,no ,i am chure that i gone lost that habbit completely !
I found also that the upstroke is verry imported mellow.gif ( for me !!)
In that movement it is almost impossible to dig in !
I can recomented to everyone who have this problems ,it force you also to do small movements
It's like Todd saying ,i improve becouse that pick !
Great stuff! cool.gif
And btw, rolleyes.gif ..
I am custom a SQUIER...i need yust new pickups !!
I have sanding the neck !!
Take the gloss from the body,..and scallop the whole neck !!
I want yust green knops and pickups ,when i can find it !
So,...have a nice day wink.gif

QUOTE (Bossie @ Dec 29 2012, 03:40 AM) *
You'll get it man ..nice guitar BTW... wink.gif

Thank you Bossie ! wink.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 30 2012, 10:22 AM
Instructor
Nice! Do I see 5 scalloped frets? tongue.gif I understand how the stylus pick works now smile.gif Well, keep up the slow practice and let us know on your progress, ok mate?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:55 PM