2 Pages V  < 1 2  
What Do You Do When......
bleez
Dec 22 2015, 05:16 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Dec 21 2015, 12:51 PM) *
Just read through this one again and found it quite inspiring.
Thank you gentlemen smile.gif
I've been really struggling with a couple of level two lessons with movable chords. They've been really getting me down, so much so I think that's why I took such a long diversion into setting up a microphone recording system. I needed to accomplish something. Anyway I hope this will kick me in the backside and get me back on track.
Cheers folks

I could do with reading through it again myself. The last few weeks have been crap for me in terms of guitar motivation and inspiration. It sucks for sure sad.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Phil66
Dec 22 2015, 10:01 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Same for me mate, we know we'll get through it but it's a struggle at times and it's always when you are in a lesson that you are struggling with and can't improve no matter how slow you take it, well it is for me anyway, you feel like you're regressing rather than progressing.

Horrible feeling because you want to get back into it but can't for some reason. I picked up my guitar 5 times tonight and put it down after a few minutes. sad.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Phil66: Dec 22 2015, 10:03 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
bleez
Dec 24 2015, 09:01 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Dec 22 2015, 09:01 PM) *
Same for me mate, we know we'll get through it but it's a struggle at times and it's always when you are in a lesson that you are struggling with and can't improve no matter how slow you take it, well it is for me anyway, you feel like you're regressing rather than progressing.

Horrible feeling because you want to get back into it but can't for some reason. I picked up my guitar 5 times tonight and put it down after a few minutes. sad.gif

yeah, it seems to happen now and then dry.gif Ive had a great couple of years where my practice has been really excellent so I probably shouldn't complain .... but I will cool.gif this last month has been 'why am I even bothering' type of thing. Ive got a couple of lessons which I cant believe Ive not nailed yet. On the flip side, my weight training has been good, it seems I cant make progress on two things at the same time!

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Phil66
Dec 24 2015, 09:26 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
I know exactly what you mean mate, the "why am I bothering" scenario does tend to crop up sometimes but give it time and your original desire will return, the seed was planted long ago, the tree will want to start growing again soon smile.gif
Nice to hear your weight training is going well though, I really really miss it but I can't even bench 100lbs since my injury some years ago which is tragic when you consider I was benching 300+ for 10 and squatting 500 for 8 back then.
Give it time mate, it will come back.
Cheers

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:24 AM