My Sweep Picking Practice
mariogl91
Jan 23 2008, 06:00 AM
GMC:er
Hi Pavel, I've been practicing sweep picking for a week now, and I know it's VERY little time but if you could track my progress and give me your opinion it'd be great.

Can I upload a track every few weeks so you can listen to it?

I don't know, I think it helps me commit to practice if someone else notices my progress.

This is my first recording at 55 bpm 6 notes each beat. I feel I'm doing ok since a week ago was the first time I sweeped in my life. blink.gif

Thanks!

- Mario

Edit:

Oh! I forgot to mention I'm sweeping with the bridge pickup. I figured if I can sweep cleanly with that one, then the neck pickup would be a lot easier. Do you think I should continue doing this?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by mariogl91: Jan 23 2008, 06:09 AM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Pavel.mp3 ( 573.98K ) Number of downloads: 491

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jan 23 2008, 10:09 AM
Instructor
Hey m8!

That's actually pretty pretty good! smile.gif And yes you sure can practice it with bridge pickup - i'm doing it myself for some time now smile.gif

I'm fine with watching your progress so feel free to uplaod your mp3 here smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
mariogl91
Feb 11 2008, 04:58 AM
Hi Pavel,

Ok, first of all I must confess I haven't been practicing for a couple of weeks now. School's been getting on the way...

The good news is, I think I actually got better!

I played the same sweep exercise and I could play it at 75 bpm 16th triplets from 55 bpm last time.

Any comments? I think I'm still playing it cleanly, maybe you'll differ.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Feb10.mp3 ( 206.45K ) Number of downloads: 373

+Quote Post
Pavel
Feb 11 2008, 01:04 PM
Instructor
It's pretty good man but you are totally missing the metronome beat. Try to follow the metronome while playing. As for the sweeps itself - they are pretty clean so i bet you'll soon be able to sweep really really good smile.gif Keep rocking!

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
mariogl91
Feb 11 2008, 02:16 PM
Thanks Pavel! I'll practice a little bit more slowly so I can follow the beat.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2024 - 12:56 AM