What Are Min6 Arpeggios, Learn How to Build m6 Arpeggios
The Professor
Apr 16 2013, 04:50 PM
Theory Instructor
How to Build Minor 6th Arpeggios

In this music theory lesson, we’ll be looking at two ways that you can use to build a m6 Arpeggio, one based on the minor triad and one based on the Dorian Mode.

If you need a refresher on either of these items, check out the How to Build Minor Triads and Sounds of the Dorian Mode lesson on the GMC Forum.

The first way that you can use to build a m6 Arpeggio, is to take the Minor Triad and add one note on top of it, the 6th, to produce the interval pattern R-b3-5-6.

Here is how that would look on paper using the Cm triad and Cm6 Arpeggio as an example.

Attached Image

The second way that you can use to build a m6 Arpeggio is to take the 1st, 3rd, 5th and 6th notes of the Dorian Mode as those produce the same notes you need for a m6 Arpeggio.

Here i show that would look on paper using the D Dorian Mode and Cm6 Arpeggios as an example.

Attached Image

Test Your Theory Knowledge!

Now that you have learned how to build Minor 6th Arpeggios, try writing out a number of them in the comments section below to get some practice with these shapes.

If you write out some, or all, of the different m6th Arpeggios I’ll be happy to look over your work and make sure you’re on the right track.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by The Professor: Apr 16 2013, 04:51 PM

--------------------
Ask me anything on the theory board. Follow my theory course. Check out my personal site
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 03:20 AM