Pagan Fest Tour 08
VinceG
May 1 2008, 09:07 PM
GMC:er
I went to Pagan Fest last night and it was pure Folk/Viking Metal greatness. It was originally gonna be in Harpos but not a lot of people bought tickets so they moved it to iRock down the street. I think its much better because the place is smaller, and its just right to get everybody packed in and feel the mayhem for what it is to come. Here is my review and I hope you guys see them tour around US!

Eluveitie

First up on the bill, was Eluveitie. They were great to say the least. All the instruments where there like Pipes, irish flutes, fiddles and that damn hurdygurdy. It was headbanging madness. Even though theres no moshing in iRock, we still broke the rules because you just can't help but to go crazy on this folk band.

Next up on the bill was:

Tyr

Tyr's performance was good, but theres nothing special to it at all. They were actually the band I wanted to see the most, but Eluveitie's performance was so great that even I, who is a big Tyr fan, thought there performance should have been first. They only played 4 songs as well, but they changed it up by playing a song on each album which was nice. Too short of a gig for them, but when you come after Eluveitie, you better have something special up your sleeve.

After Tyr, there was:

Turisas

One of the best shows of the night. Turisas and Eluveitie where the best shows. We drank and to there songs and mosh up the line. We sang the choruses, danced, clapped, and everything in between. They brought the madness and it was just an insane line of songs. They played an improvised ballad part to end there song, but when we thought it ended they played a moshing song that got everybody so wiled up that the entire people on the floor was moshing! It was absolutely insane! We also had drinking chants!

Last up for the night was:

Ensiferum

By this time of the night, youd think that everybody would be exhausted, but not us. After 3 hours of Folk bands, we weren't ready for what Ensiferum had on there sleeves, or umm should I say Finland kilts. They played a total of like 6 songs I believe with a few songs as an encore. Big circle pit on a small venue. Me and my friends stayed in the sideline the whole time because, although Ensiferum were good, we were just so tired from the Turisas line up.

So my overall impression of this tour is the that, if you like Folk/Viking bands, then you gotta see these bands play. Its there very first time touring in America, seeing as how Pagan Fest is mostly a European tour. Go see them now!!! There all great!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
May 2 2008, 05:35 AM
Instructor
oh man! great pics....

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
i am a big fan of Turisas and ensiferum....

thx

my lessons

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Vinicitur
May 2 2008, 08:45 AM
Saw them in Montreal. It was an awesome show except for the fact that Eluveitie wasn't present. sad.gif There was a rumor going around that they were refused at the border.

As for the show itself I think that Turisas was the best of the lot. Everyone was singing along with the band and the atmosphere was great.

--------------------
IPB Image

There are 2 types of people in the world: consumers and creators. Which one are you?

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
May 2 2008, 08:55 AM
Instructor
nice pictures thanks for sharing

+Quote Post
Danilo Capezzuto
May 3 2008, 10:46 AM
Instructor
I bet anyone had fun at this show!

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Tsarpf
May 3 2008, 08:40 PM
That looks like it was pretty different blink.gif

at least it looks like that for me, I usually don't listen to that type of music tongue.gif

+Quote Post
VinceG
May 4 2008, 01:30 AM
Yep, its was a lot of fun being there. Seeing someone rock out on bag pipes and irish flutes are the best. Oh yea, it was hot as hell in there too but it only set the mood for more moshing and chanting and all that great stuff!

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
May 4 2008, 08:29 AM
Singing Instructor
Thanks for the pics man.And great review.

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post
Pablo Vazquez
May 7 2008, 12:27 AM
Instructor
Hey!!! GREAT!!!!!!!!!
...and cool photos!!!!
Thanks for sharing man! wink.gif

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
VinceG
May 7 2008, 04:24 AM
thanks man. I miss it already sad.gif

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 12:05 PM