Mark Reale In A Coma
Blister
Jan 21 2012, 04:30 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Just found out Mark Reale of Riot is in a coma. The band has been around for 5 decades! Info & soundcloud clip from MarkReale.com

http://soundcloud.com/steamhammer-spv/riot-still-your-man

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 21 2012, 01:00 PM
Instructor
Very cool, good old power metal. Sounds vintage and awesome

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jan 21 2012, 01:55 PM
GMC:er
I wish him a speedy recovery.

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Blister
Jan 21 2012, 02:14 PM
I probably should have put a little more info in the original post.

Here is an excerpt from Loudwire.com

Some bad news has come out of the camp of veteran heavy metal band Riot. Founder and guitarist Mark Reale is hospitalized in critical condition because of severe complications from Crohn’s disease — an ailment Reale has battled for most of his life.

Riot were founded in New York City in 1975 by Reale, and the band has maintained a long and successful career while touring with acts such as AC/DC, Kiss and Black Sabbath. Riot have released 15 studio albums, with their latest disc ‘Immortal Soul’ having hit record stores on Halloween of last year.

The Soundcloud clip is from the 2011 release Immortal Soul.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Jan 22 2012, 01:12 AM
Instructor
that is bad news...I hope he gets out alive and well,

That is one great song! loving it! I didn't know they were that good

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jan 26 2012, 11:06 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Heard he past away today from a bands facebook, RIP.

+Quote Post
Blister
Jan 27 2012, 03:24 AM
I wish I had found their music sooner. I vaguely recall confusing Quiet Riot & Riot back in the 80's but really never heard/listened to Riot. My music tastes were rather superficial than, I guess. Great music. So sad I had to find out this way. RIP Mark. mellow.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
N4085B
Jan 27 2012, 03:49 AM
GMC:er
I first met Mark in '79 while in high school. He was dating a friend's older sister at the time. We had a radio station in San Antonio at the time that used to play their stuff all the time. Rock City and I believe Narita were out then. In between shows he would stay in San Antonio. I remember him telling me about an up and coming guitar player that had just gotten a gig with Ozzy...turned out to be RR! He was an avid runner and as far as I know was pretty clean living. Super nice guy and way under-rated musician and songwriter. I saw them headline a small theater w/ Budgie and The Rods as openers. Awesome show and it feels like only yesterday! Time flys...hug the ones you love and tell them so too! Thanks for the great music! Prayers to his dad as well for his loss. Godspeed Mark.

+Quote Post
thefireball
Jan 27 2012, 04:49 AM
Learning Roadie
Well it's awesome he was a Christian though. RIP Mark.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:04 PM