2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Megadeth Songs, Songs to play?
FretDancer69
Jul 17 2007, 05:15 AM
GMC:er
Hello people, i was wondering what would be some cool Megadeth songs to play with my band, i came up with a few but im still not sure:

Symphony of Destruction
Back In The Day

those are some, but i still have doubts, since the solo for Symphony of Destruction is not that easy and im the one who does the solos. Also, about Back In The Day, i love that song! i dont think its too hard but its a little weird.

Anyways, i was just asking for some suggestions, songs that dont contain solos that are too hard. Thanks alot.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by FretDancer69: Jul 17 2007, 07:59 PM

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ibanezkiller
Jul 17 2007, 05:19 AM
Hey i am a big megadeth fan (they are right behind METALLICA). . . i guess before you chose a song look at you band, and access there skill level... now from here pick a song that you like but also that your band can play. laugh.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
METALLICA ROCKS!

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jul 17 2007, 05:40 AM
QUOTE (ibanezkiller @ Jul 16 2007, 10:19 PM) *
Hey i am a big megadeth fan (they are right behind METALLICA). . . i guess before you chose a song look at you band, and access there skill level... now from here pick a song that you like but also that your band can play. laugh.gif

*sigh sad.gif well...my band is horrible.. sad.gif , Im the only one who practices daily and for hours. And my drummer would if he had a drum set, but he's great anyways. We recently did some covers of Enter Sandman, For Whom The Bell Tolls and Wherever I May Roam, so you can get an idea of our skill level. Thanks

--------------------

+Quote Post
JVM
Jul 17 2007, 05:45 AM
Learning Roadie
Good Mourning/Black Friday!

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jul 17 2007, 10:27 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Symphony of destruction
Countdown to extinction
Hangar 18
Tornado of souls (you must play this, I'm demanding it!!!!) laugh.gif

I think it's better to just do the rhythm good and fake the solo somewhat not doing it note by note but just sound alike. I never have the patience myself to even try getting a solo down 100%. For one it takes time, and secondly I wouldn't manage to nail it anyway. Just get some key notes in to make it sound right :-)
For developing skills of course you need to try, or if you're in a tribute band.

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jul 17 2007, 02:50 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Tornado Of Souls
Washington Is Next
Hangar 18 (only if you dare smile.gif )
Rust In Peace...Polaris

And of course..

HOLY WARS....THE PUNISHMENT DUE!!!!

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jul 17 2007, 03:24 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Jul 17 2007, 03:50 PM) *
And of course..

+1
Yes, of course!!!!!!!!

+Quote Post
shredmandan
Jul 17 2007, 03:34 PM
99ways to die is a good one and if you need to play one thats easy for the band trust isnt that hard.Holy Wars is the best song in my opinion by megadeth,but not an easy one to accomplish especially if the rest of your band is lacking the talent.Peace sells but who's buying is good to .The rythem is easy and if you could pull off Chris Poland's leads it would be perfect.Megadeth is coming close to were i live next month and i think i will have to go finally see them,. biggrin.gif

--------------------
My Gear
Cort X-2 electric with 24 frets and 2 humbucker's dark Blue
Kustom DFX100 With Celestion Speakers,and thats it now (lol)

My Advice
Figure out what you want in life early.Wether it's the girl,the partying
or mastering the guitar.Adding any 2 together will get in your way.

+Quote Post
SLASH91
Jul 17 2007, 05:27 PM
QUOTE (shredmandan @ Jul 17 2007, 09:34 AM) *
99ways to die is a good one and if you need to play one thats easy for the band trust isnt that hard.Holy Wars is the best song in my opinion by megadeth,but not an easy one to accomplish especially if the rest of your band is lacking the talent.Peace sells but who's buying is good to .The rythem is easy and if you could pull off Chris Poland's leads it would be perfect.Megadeth is coming close to were i live next month and i think i will have to go finally see them,. biggrin.gif

Man...they arent even coming close to me sad.gif mad.gif

--------------------

"Remember to live, eat, sleep and breathe music for the mind, play from your heart and never be swayed by the current trends"-
Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Digitech Distortion Factory
Jackson RR24 (Randy Rhoads)
Ibanez RG2550e
A ripoff brand acoustic guitar
and a Yamaha Classical guitar :)

+Quote Post
shredmandan
Jul 17 2007, 05:37 PM
QUOTE (SLASH91 @ Jul 17 2007, 12:27 PM) *
Man...they arent even coming close to me sad.gif mad.gif

Im in Tennessee and there coming to Virginia .It would be about 6 hour drive but it would be worth it.Like your pick by user name smile.gif one of my favorite albums of all time and definatly favorite band of all time.

--------------------
My Gear
Cort X-2 electric with 24 frets and 2 humbucker's dark Blue
Kustom DFX100 With Celestion Speakers,and thats it now (lol)

My Advice
Figure out what you want in life early.Wether it's the girl,the partying
or mastering the guitar.Adding any 2 together will get in your way.

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Jul 17 2007, 05:42 PM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Jul 17 2007, 09:50 AM) *
And of course..

Greatest song, i love playing this, but i have to hammer on the intro, those triplettes, for some reason i can't pick them ohmy.gif like when im just praticing picking i can easily do something that fast but when i comes to playing the song i can't do it :@ sounds great all the same

This post has been edited by Smikey2006: Jul 17 2007, 05:43 PM

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
icedern
Jul 17 2007, 05:44 PM
holy wars!!!!!!

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
ibanezkiller
Jul 17 2007, 06:01 PM
QUOTE (FretDancer69 @ Jul 17 2007, 12:40 AM) *
*sigh sad.gif well...my band is horrible.. sad.gif , Im the only one who practices daily and for hours. And my drummer would if he had a drum set, but he's great anyways. We recently did some covers of Enter Sandman, For Whom The Bell Tolls and Wherever I May Roam, so you can get an idea of our skill level. Thanks

i have that same problem our bassest never practices

--------------------
METALLICA ROCKS!

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jul 17 2007, 07:13 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
QUOTE (Smikey2006 @ Jul 17 2007, 12:42 PM) *
Greatest song, i love playing this, but i have to hammer on the intro, those triplettes, for some reason i can't pick them ohmy.gif like when im just praticing picking i can easily do something that fast but when i comes to playing the song i can't do it :@ sounds great all the same

I used to do that exact same thing, Just practice it and it will come to you in no time smile.gif

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jul 17 2007, 07:41 PM
thanks alot for all the songs guys, ill download the tabs and get the songs and talk with my drummer about it. Also, some of you guys mentioned Hangar 18 mellow.gif mellow.gif ....are you kiddin?! My rythm guitarist cant even solo properly! He never practices, that song has 11 solos, and each guitarist takes turn to tackle each! although it would rock if we managed to nail this song. tongue.gif laugh.gif biggrin.gif

thanks for all the suggestions guys. i think i have an idea of which songs to practice.

This post has been edited by FretDancer69: Jul 17 2007, 07:41 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
SLASH91
Jul 17 2007, 09:17 PM
QUOTE (shredmandan @ Jul 17 2007, 11:37 AM) *
Im in Tennessee and there coming to Virginia .It would be about 6 hour drive but it would be worth it.Like your pick by user name smile.gif one of my favorite albums of all time and definatly favorite band of all time.

Closest they come to me is like 15 hours...easy!! mad.gif mad.gif

BTW, And Justice for All is personally my favorite Metallica album.

This post has been edited by SLASH91: Jul 17 2007, 09:18 PM

--------------------

"Remember to live, eat, sleep and breathe music for the mind, play from your heart and never be swayed by the current trends"-
Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Digitech Distortion Factory
Jackson RR24 (Randy Rhoads)
Ibanez RG2550e
A ripoff brand acoustic guitar
and a Yamaha Classical guitar :)

+Quote Post
kethcup
Jul 18 2007, 03:41 AM
Take no prisoners doesn't have any solos!
Mechanix is a good starter one too. It's just four horseman sped up!

My picks would be...

My Last Words
Ashes in your Mouth
or Five Magics

--------------------

Ketchup

Ibanez Prestige S2170 Electric Guitar
Ibanez Prestige S1620 Electric Guitar
Ibanez RG350MDX Electric Guitar
Jackson Kelly Professional

Boss GT-6 Guitar Floor Processor
Sonar6 Studio Edition

M-Audio BX5-a Studio Monitors

Marshall VS65R Combo Amp

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jul 18 2007, 04:21 AM
QUOTE (kethcup @ Jul 17 2007, 08:41 PM) *
Take no prisoners doesn't have any solos!
Mechanix is a good starter one too. It's just four horseman sped up!

My picks would be...

My Last Words
Ashes in your Mouth
or Five Magics

im gonna check Take No Prisioners out, but hey, if im not mistaken, the solo from Mechanix is kinda very advanced or am i wrong? Idk the solo's by memory like most of metallica's, since i listen mostly to metallica.

--------------------

+Quote Post
kethcup
Jul 19 2007, 04:23 AM
QUOTE (FretDancer69 @ Jul 17 2007, 09:21 PM) *
im gonna check Take No Prisioners out, but hey, if im not mistaken, the solo from Mechanix is kinda very advanced or am i wrong? Idk the solo's by memory like most of metallica's, since i listen mostly to metallica.

Well yea it's semi advanced I guess. You could just play Four Horseman's solo over it and speed it up a little. It would sound very similar.

Mustaine is hard to pull off man! Even his rythym is ruthless!

When I want to push myself I learn Megadeth! (And Lamb of God) smile.gif

--------------------

Ketchup

Ibanez Prestige S2170 Electric Guitar
Ibanez Prestige S1620 Electric Guitar
Ibanez RG350MDX Electric Guitar
Jackson Kelly Professional

Boss GT-6 Guitar Floor Processor
Sonar6 Studio Edition

M-Audio BX5-a Studio Monitors

Marshall VS65R Combo Amp

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jul 19 2007, 09:47 PM
QUOTE (kethcup @ Jul 18 2007, 09:23 PM) *
Well yea it's semi advanced I guess. You could just play Four Horseman's solo over it and speed it up a little. It would sound very similar.

Mustaine is hard to pull off man! Even his rythym is ruthless!

When I want to push myself I learn Megadeth! (And Lamb of God) smile.gif

yeah, Mustaine is a great inspiration for me. He is very talented guitarist. Thanks for all the suggestions, and if you feel like posting more songs, please do.

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 09:43 AM