What Do You Guys Think Of The Zoom G2.1?
Marc_Maiden
Dec 15 2008, 04:51 PM
GMC:er
I believe this is going to be my christmas present this year...

ive always wanted to get a multieffects pedal, i know some of you, maybe most of you dont like "digital effects" and "processed" sounds....well for the most part i dont either smile.gif

but i need something with an expression pedal, and i kinda wanted to try something other than line 6 (right now im using a line 6 toneport)

how do you guys like the zoom g2?

the one thing that sold me even more, was that it comes with cubase, which will allow me to buy VST plugins like EZ drummer so i can finally start making my own songs!

im also getting random pieces of money hear or there, i was thinking of finding a used half stack to splurge it on smile.gif

but yeah, what are your experiences with the zoom g2 or zoom products in general?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Marc
Current Set up:
Atomic Reactor 2x12 Cab/power amp with a Digitech rp1000 as a preamp
Schecter c1 plus electric guitar

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Velvet Roger
Dec 15 2008, 05:09 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
I don't have any experience with the Zoom g2.

However, I am using the g9.2tt which I like very much (to perform with, not really for recording). The tubes in the g9.2tt actually contribute nicely to the produced sounds, however on the other end, the number of cabinet models/mic placements for recording is rather limited.

In the 1990s I used a Zoom 9090 device as well, which certainly was much less quality for the money (both durability, and sound quality). In those days, Zoom has definitely the 'name' to be bad in terms of durability and support, but this certainly improved (at least the durability part tongue.gif). I would currently certainly not avoid any Zoom products, however in the end you should try out for yourself which multi-effects is right for you (and what you actually want to achieve with it).

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong."

Guitars & Amps
Brian Moore DC-1 Custom Shop (Cherry Sunburst, mahogany/rosewood)
Eric Johnson Signature Strat (2-tone Sunburst, alder/maple)
Ibanez RG770 (Black, basswood/rosewood)
Peerless Journeyman (solid spruce/maple)
Sixt Bov-105C (Ovation-like acoustic) - Ibanez SGT-130 (Jumbo acoustic)
London City VS-1 (Precision bass) - Baton Rouge U3S (Ukelele)
Fender HotRod Deluxe 40W combo - Fender Princeton Reverb Reissue 5W combo - Marshall JCM 900 50W Hi-Gain combo

Effects & Other stuff
POD Studio UX2 audio interface - Edirol MA-15D monitors
EH Double Muff - Fulltone GT-500 - Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet - Guitarsystems TrebleTool Junior - Guitarsystems FuzzTool Junior
Korg Pitchblack Tuner - MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay - TC Electronics Nova Modulator - Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah
Shure SM58 - Roland PCR-500 midi controller/keyboard & Yamaha Clavinova CL-910 piano

My Website
My MySpace Page
My YouTube Channel
My Twitter Account
My Band 'Gonzo!'

+Quote Post
Marc_Maiden
Dec 15 2008, 05:45 PM
QUOTE (Velvet Roger @ Dec 15 2008, 08:09 AM) *
I don't have any experience with the Zoom g2.

However, I am using the g9.2tt which I like very much (to perform with, not really for recording). The tubes in the g9.2tt actually contribute nicely to the produced sounds, however on the other end, the number of cabinet models/mic placements for recording is rather limited.

In the 1990s I used a Zoom 9090 device as well, which certainly was much less quality for the money (both durability, and sound quality). In those days, Zoom has definitely the 'name' to be bad in terms of durability and support, but this certainly improved (at least the durability part tongue.gif). I would currently certainly not avoid any Zoom products, however in the end you should try out for yourself which multi-effects is right for you (and what you actually want to achieve with it).

i wish i had the money for a g9...its a great concept to power a multi effects pedal with tubes....i def wanted to go with something new... i have experience with all "sounds" in my price ranger:

i have the line 6 sound right now,

in my jazz/rock class, we use the Boss ME-50 (i like it, but it doesnt have a good EQ)

so zoom is the last one for me to try...(plus its cheaper)

--------------------
- Marc
Current Set up:

+Quote Post
Sircraigery
Dec 15 2008, 05:51 PM
I got a g2.1u. I don't mind it, the drums sound pretty good - but the basic drum loop (bass/snare/bass/snare/...etc) is the 13th one... no idea why lol.

It's easy to use. I would recommend it. If your wanting to practice with a band instead of a pod (unless your talking about the floor pod)

I was thinking of getting rid of mine though cuz I only play in the living room now. But overall, it's a good pedal for the cash.

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez Prestige RG2610E [BKP Cold Sweat]
Ibanez Prestige RG2550E [Carbon Fiber Plastics]
Ibanez Roadstar II RS-135 [Stock]
Quest Acoustic [Stock]

Effects:
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Boss DR-3 Dr. Rhythym

Amp:
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401

'Only the dead have seen the end of the war.' - Plato

+Quote Post
Matt23
Dec 15 2008, 05:56 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
I don't own a multi-effect pedal with an expression pedal but the Boss Me-50 or any of the other Boss multi-effect pedals would fit what you are looking for.

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 15 2008, 11:54 PM
Instructor
I think G2 is a good processor to start with, and it doesn't cost too much money. It is mainly intended for home practicing, but I think you can use it as a backup solution for rehearsals as well mate. Good bang for buck.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Matich
Dec 18 2008, 01:48 AM
hmm i used to own it, and its a cute little multieffect for the price.... it's got enough options for u to play for a while... not the best ever, though. if ur a bedroom player with a low-mid range amp, its gonna be good enough. not really the best for rehearsals. effects are decent, some are better then the others, but id say that none of them suck or are really amazing. the whole thing is just...alright. biggrin.gif if u don't like it, u can always trade it, right? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Marc_Maiden
Dec 18 2008, 03:32 AM
you whats funny....i never saw myself as the kind of guy owning "expensive" guitar products...ive always been the bargain hunter..or always going with the cheapest i can find....

i just got hired for my first "real" salary paying job..

now i can afford higher end stuffs...so we will see....i have my dream guitar..so i dont need to upgrade that, but i was thinking of getting a nice tube combo....the problem with tubes for me, is i dont like have a lot of pedals...i just want 1...maybe those new digitech true bypass pedals might be good..i dont know...i know for a fact my mom already ordered it....

but maybe she surprised me by getting something else that was on my list (like the korg pandora or line 6 floor pod)

--------------------
- Marc
Current Set up:

+Quote Post
Sircraigery
Dec 18 2008, 08:41 AM
Right on man, congrats on your new job.

Exercise extreme caution when walking into the shop with an 'i can afford it' attitude though.... So much gear on for sale on discount cuz guys can't afford it. Best bet is save up cash for toys like this. Not only will you not pay interest, but you'll be able to scoop a wicked deal on someone desperate to sell to make their payment. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez Prestige RG2610E [BKP Cold Sweat]
Ibanez Prestige RG2550E [Carbon Fiber Plastics]
Ibanez Roadstar II RS-135 [Stock]
Quest Acoustic [Stock]

Effects:
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Boss DR-3 Dr. Rhythym

Amp:
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401

'Only the dead have seen the end of the war.' - Plato

+Quote Post
Marc_Maiden
Dec 18 2008, 03:57 PM
QUOTE (Sircraigery @ Dec 17 2008, 11:41 PM) *
Right on man, congrats on your new job.

Exercise extreme caution when walking into the shop with an 'i can afford it' attitude though.... So much gear on for sale on discount cuz guys can't afford it. Best bet is save up cash for toys like this. Not only will you not pay interest, but you'll be able to scoop a wicked deal on someone desperate to sell to make their payment. biggrin.gif

yeah i know what you mean!!!

Zzsounds has a thing now where you split the payments of $400+ stuff into 4 payments of $100+....thats something i can easily do...

they had a full stack that caught my eye for $200/month for 4 months.....a FULL STACK!(it was a full stack version of that new crate tube amp that they have been selling at low prices...the V series)

--------------------
- Marc
Current Set up:

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 05:39 PM