2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Any Adventurers At Gmc?
Nihilist1
Oct 15 2012, 06:19 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
The time I spend living in Alaska(18 months) definitely turned me into a fan of nature. I am working a lot more now in order to save up for professional level equipment(that explains why I haven't been around much. I am working 60 hours a week). However, if I have the time, I go hiking at least once a month, and fishing once every two weeks.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
All the elders have fallen down...

Heal her now...

All the elders have fallen down...

Heal her now...

Grandfather elk
Turned to me
And spoke:

Light the fire deep inside.
Light the fires!

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
rokchik
Oct 15 2012, 11:33 PM
The Dark Canuck
I live in Labrador Canada so my lifestyle is similar to AK's. Labrador does not have much urban sprawl to speak of and lots of untouched wilderness.

We are in the process of trying to by a cabin on a lake about 80 Km from where we live... taking forever as the guy selling works a weird rotation and is not in town often. I fish, I snowmobile, I kayak and I recently just got back from my first moose hunting trip. I spend a lot of time walking in the woods with my dogs in the summer and we do some snowshoeing in the winter as well. Tried cross country skiing last year and enjoyed so will probably get some skis this year.

Nothing better than fresh air smile.gif

rok

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 16 2012, 08:13 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (rokchik @ Oct 15 2012, 10:33 PM) *
I live in Labrador Canada so my lifestyle is similar to AK's. Labrador does not have much urban sprawl to speak of and lots of untouched wilderness.

We are in the process of trying to by a cabin on a lake about 80 Km from where we live... taking forever as the guy selling works a weird rotation and is not in town often. I fish, I snowmobile, I kayak and I recently just got back from my first moose hunting trip. I spend a lot of time walking in the woods with my dogs in the summer and we do some snowshoeing in the winter as well. Tried cross country skiing last year and enjoyed so will probably get some skis this year.

rok

Wow, this sounds like the question I should ask is: 'Rok, would you manage to forget about the beautiful scenery and the awesome nature and live in a dull grey city?' tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Oct 16 2012, 09:29 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (rokchik @ Oct 15 2012, 11:33 PM) *

rok

Wow, sounds great !! smile.gif

+Quote Post
rokchik
Oct 16 2012, 03:29 PM
The Dark Canuck
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Oct 16 2012, 04:13 AM) *
Wow, this sounds like the question I should ask is: 'Rok, would you manage to forget about the beautiful scenery and the awesome nature and live in a dull grey city?' tongue.gif

Where I live is pretty remote (there are only 7800 people who live in my town) and the next closet town is 575km away over mostly dirt road although they are in process of paving) because of the remoteness we don't have much shopping, our Internet is pretty slow although that is being upgraded to fibre right now and is almost done, and there are a few other complaints I have such as cost of living, lack of fresh produce, and it is stupid expensive to fly out of here.

But in saying all that I think I would have a hard time moving back to the city. I miss the convenience of city life, and Ill admit that i got to get out for some taste of civilization and retail therapy a couple times a year, but there is nothing like being able jump on your skidoo, or quad from your front door. Breathing clean air and spending time outdoors seeing all the colours of nature and not the grey buildings blocking the view. I grew up in cities but I like were I live now smile.gif

rok

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 16 2012, 05:02 PM
Instructor
Retail therapy? biggrin.gif Is that shopping like crazy actually? laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Oct 16 2012, 05:45 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Oct 16 2012, 05:02 PM) *
Retail therapy? biggrin.gif Is that shopping like crazy actually? laugh.gif

Yeah, making yourself feel better by buying stuff smile.gif

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Oct 18 2012, 07:30 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
Hahahaaa! laugh.gif Retail Therapy, I love that terminology Rok. smile.gif

+Quote Post
rokchik
Oct 19 2012, 02:56 AM
The Dark Canuck
QUOTE (AK Rich @ Oct 18 2012, 03:30 PM) *
Hahahaaa! laugh.gif Retail Therapy, I love that terminology Rok. smile.gif

biggrin.gif

What can I say... I get to buy "stuff" and I LOVE "stuff" smile.gif It's a lot more stress relieving than talking to someone tongue.gif

Well at least until the credit card bill comes... wink.gif tongue.gif biggrin.gif cool.gif

rok

+Quote Post
mroberts70
Oct 19 2012, 03:56 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Oct 12 2012, 02:17 PM) *
Now you need to go and buy a Porsche and have an affair with your secretary biggrin.gif

ROFL!

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 19 2012, 09:35 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (rokchik @ Oct 19 2012, 01:56 AM) *
biggrin.gif

What can I say... I get to buy "stuff" and I LOVE "stuff" smile.gif It's a lot more stress relieving than talking to someone tongue.gif

Well at least until the credit card bill comes... wink.gif tongue.gif biggrin.gif cool.gif

rok

Hmmm, I do enjoy opening a package of something I ordered when it arrives at my home, but I never felt any urge to go spending money on things smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Oct 19 2012, 10:07 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Oct 19 2012, 09:35 AM) *
Hmmm, I do enjoy opening a package of something I ordered when it arrives at my home, but I never felt any urge to go spending money on things smile.gif

I really want to buy more books but I'm having to be austere with my money so I can complete The Reckoning album !! dry.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 19 2012, 10:20 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Oct 19 2012, 09:07 AM) *
I really want to buy more books but I'm having to be austere with my money so I can complete The Reckoning album !! dry.gif

I totally get you Ben smile.gif Imagine that we are 4 and we struggle to get the money for all the things - video, CD, printing, merch, logistics, organizing... But u on the other hand are just one .. sad.gif Kudos to you, my friend!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Oct 19 2012, 10:28 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Oct 19 2012, 10:20 AM) *
I totally get you Ben smile.gif Imagine that we are 4 and we struggle to get the money for all the things - video, CD, printing, merch, logistics, organizing... But u on the other hand are just one .. sad.gif Kudos to you, my friend!

Thanks C-Man.. I can't wait until all us bands are on one gigantic tour ! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 19 2012, 10:36 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Oct 19 2012, 09:28 AM) *
Thanks C-Man.. I can't wait until all us bands are on one gigantic tour ! biggrin.gif

Hope so too man!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Oct 19 2012, 10:47 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Oct 19 2012, 10:36 AM) *
Hope so too man!

Can you imagine the food adventures ?? tongue.gif

"Have you tried this ?"
"What about this ?"
"Woah.. what the hell is that ?? Let's have some !"

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 19 2012, 10:53 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Oct 19 2012, 09:47 AM) *
Can you imagine the food adventures ?? tongue.gif

"Have you tried this ?"
"What about this ?"
"Woah.. what the hell is that ?? Let's have some !"

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:12 AM