Why ? Oh Why ?
jstcrsn
Nov 8 2009, 02:50 PM
Learning Tone Master
why do i have one day i think iam finally going to get it and then -wack- the next three days i play like ( i cant really say whats on my mind because ther might be children listening , but just know that it woulnt be pretty). my fingers don't work , pick slip out of my hand, today i caught myself clinching my teeth and i'am slow at typing, don;t spend much time, would rather be playing but today don't care .trying to resist urge to put guitar through wall .can't you just feal it, that wonderful rush of the guitar going through the sheetrock , oh it must be beautiful. any way i've purged , now back to the metronome, wait now i've lost my pick, what the bleep!!!!!!!!!!!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Nov 8 2009, 02:55 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Nov 8 2009, 07:50 AM) *
why do i have one day i think iam finally going to get it and then -wack- the next three days i play like ( i cant really say whats on my mind because ther might be children listening , but just know that it woulnt be pretty). my fingers don't work , pick slip out of my hand, today i caught myself clinching my teeth and i'am slow at typing, don;t spend much time, would rather be playing but today don't care .trying to resist urge to put guitar through wall .can't you just feal it, that wonderful rush of the guitar going through the sheetrock , oh it must be beautiful. any way i've purged , now back to the metronome, wait now i've lost my pick, what the bleep!!!!!!!!!!!

Those days come and go my friend, you just cant let the bad in your playing get to you and focus on making your guitar playing better. Sometimes it is good to take a day off and just relax without stressing out about how you play. Next time you do play though, try to loosen up and swing your picking arm around alittle to get you to feel comfortable.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Nov 8 2009, 03:00 PM
Learning Tone Master
are you just trying to finish me off by showing me a pic of gilbert, knowing i will never atain that , you are just sick

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Nov 8 2009, 03:02 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Nov 8 2009, 08:00 AM) *
are you just trying to finish me off by showing me a pic of gilbert, knowing i will never atain that , you are just sick

Haha no man! I'm not sure if your joking with me ohmy.gif but I actually love that picture type thing, It always motivates me to be like him.

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Nov 8 2009, 03:13 PM
Learning Tone Master
Hard times comes to everyone, but at times like that, don't force yourself to sit by a metronome! Guitar is supposed to be fun, and if it's not, then something is wrong. Why don't you sit down and jam to a backing track, to yourself or some song. Perhaps learn a new interesting song, or just listen to some music.
Pushing yourself to sit with a metronome when you want to throw your guitar through the wall will only burn you out.

+Quote Post
Staffy
Nov 8 2009, 03:14 PM
Learning Tone Master
Once in a while it's good to step back in the practice, just playing things that you really master and feel good about what you really know.... just forget about the new stuff, and have a great time with the instrument! Then when You return to the difficulties, it seems so much easier and You will approach it with much more confidence than before. To practice is good, but we must not forget WHY we do it - the main thing is to play and have fun with the music!! smile.gif
Just hang in there bro!!!!

//Staffay

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Nov 8 2009, 03:15 PM
Learning Tone Master
course i am joking , i will attain it

This post has been edited by jstcrsn: Nov 8 2009, 03:15 PM

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 8 2009, 03:18 PM
Instructor
Same as in life with other things, there will always be days that are not good, life is not perfect, and people are not perfect. In those moments it is important to remember all the good things you achieved, and just remain positive and hopeful. Things will get better soon, in a couple of days probably.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Nov 8 2009, 03:23 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Staffy @ Nov 8 2009, 03:14 PM) *
Once in a while it's good to step back in the practice, just playing things that you really master and feel good about what you really know.... just forget about the new stuff, and have a great time with the instrument! Then when You return to the difficulties, it seems so much easier and You will approach it with much more confidence than before. To practice is good, but we must not forget WHY we do it - the main thing is to play and have fun with the music!! smile.gif
Just hang in there bro!!!!

//Staffay
we are suppose to love this wink.gif
wink.gif huh?

QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Nov 8 2009, 03:18 PM) *
Same as in life with other things, there will always be days that are not good, life is not perfect, and people are not perfect. In those moments it is important to remember all the good things you achieved, and just remain positive and hopeful. Things will get better soon, in a couple of days probably.

you are so right , a couple more days and i will rock again and thennnn a couple more days to suck unsure.gif just kidin,
lightening the moment

+Quote Post
Santiago Diaz Ga...
Nov 9 2009, 01:17 AM
GMC:er
There are days and days my friend. Don't worry. That happens to everyone, even to the best players

+Quote Post
Marc_Maiden
Nov 9 2009, 09:52 PM
GMC:er
i suck at getting girls but that will never stop me!

huahahah!

--------------------
- Marc
Current Set up:
Atomic Reactor 2x12 Cab/power amp with a Digitech rp1000 as a preamp
Schecter c1 plus electric guitar

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Nov 9 2009, 10:08 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Nov 8 2009, 02:50 PM) *

Just leave the guitar aside for some time, dedicate yourself to other stuff, go out, do something, it will come back, it´s inevitable.

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Nov 9 2009, 10:38 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
We all have these days! You need to rest a bit, relax , I would recommend watching a favorite bands dvd concert and getting back to playing tomorrow! I'm sure everything will work it out on its own - just relax a bit smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 07:37 AM