Lesson Request, Trilogy Suite Op.5 / Yngwie J.Malmsteen
Wabba
Sep 6 2009, 10:35 AM
Learning Guitar Lord
Hi! This is a general request to all instructors, and therefore I hope it's in the right subforum. smile.gif

Anyway, I'd like to have a lesson from Trilogy suite op. 5 (Yngwie Malmsteen), because i really like this song and want to learn it and perhaps play it with my band.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yA2-yVoLw8U.

That should be a link to it in youtube.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Sep 6 2009, 10:58 AM
Instructor
I might go for this one because I still remember it. Is it ok only up to the acoustic guitar part? That song is really long to do the whole thing.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Jesse
Sep 6 2009, 11:03 AM
GMC:er
O that tune is mad!!!!!!

Neo-classical shredfest!

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!

+Quote Post
Wabba
Sep 6 2009, 11:05 AM
Learning Guitar Lord
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Sep 6 2009, 10:58 AM) *
I might go for this one because I still remember it. Is it ok only up to the acoustic guitar part? That song is really long to do the whole thing.

Well, hmm, I'd like to learn at least what's in that 2:45 long youtube video, if that's not possible then skip the solo. smile.gif

Or did I misunderstood something?

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Sep 6 2009, 12:40 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Wabba @ Sep 6 2009, 11:05 AM) *
Well, hmm, I'd like to learn at least what's in that 2:45 long youtube video, if that's not possible then skip the solo. smile.gif

Or did I misunderstood something?

Ok I'll try something smile.gif He didn't play it 100% the same as on the record but close. And his playing is a bit sloppy here smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
tonyparnham
Sep 6 2009, 01:06 PM
Actually I have tried this to no avail. I know the performance notes but for me its the right hand, the two string arpeggio pattern beats me so I gave up. I can't get the motion in my head its like a small kind of circular pattern so I don't want to practice something for hours if its wrong. It looks dead simple but I am definitely missing something here. I do notice the guy in the youtube video seems to have it off like Malmsteen so I too would benefit from this as Malmseen seems to use the same motion for his three string diminished arpeggios but I still cant figure out the ups or downs on the three string s either.
there seems to be a knack to it. So help needed with me as well Emir.
Regards Tony

This post has been edited by tonyparnham: Sep 6 2009, 01:09 PM

+Quote Post
Wabba
Sep 6 2009, 01:07 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Sep 6 2009, 12:40 PM) *
Ok I'll try something smile.gif He didn't play it 100% the same as on the record but close. And his playing is a bit sloppy here smile.gif

Yeah, It's a bit smile.gif When does this lesson come out? Oh yeah, maybe a bit too early to ask biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Vasilije Vukmiro...
Sep 7 2009, 05:53 PM
Jazz Instructor
Oh I love that tune, acoustic part is awesome! I think that is very long song, so whoever do it, might cut it to pieces...

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Sep 7 2009, 06:15 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Wabba @ Sep 6 2009, 01:07 PM) *
Yeah, It's a bit smile.gif When does this lesson come out? Oh yeah, maybe a bit too early to ask biggrin.gif

Don't know exactly but I will keep it in mind. I am now busy with MTP stuff.

Regarding the picking of 2 string arpeggio, I play the first two notes with down sweep and the last one with an upstroke.

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
tonyparnham
Sep 8 2009, 08:21 AM
Thanks Emir, I actually tried this pattern which I realise is the obvious one but when I got up a bit of speed my 2 downstrokes sort of merged into one without any seperation so I thought I was doing something not quite right. I then started looking at my left hand and tried fretting the arpeggio individually but that did'nt work either as the co-ordination of both hands was all over the place, so I abandoned it somewhat dissapointed.
I certainly would look forward to this one when you get chance,
Many thanks Tony

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Sep 8 2009, 11:19 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (tonyparnham @ Sep 8 2009, 08:21 AM) *
Thanks Emir, I actually tried this pattern which I realise is the obvious one but when I got up a bit of speed my 2 downstrokes sort of merged into one without any seperation so I thought I was doing something not quite right. I then started looking at my left hand and tried fretting the arpeggio individually but that did'nt work either as the co-ordination of both hands was all over the place, so I abandoned it somewhat dissapointed.
I certainly would look forward to this one when you get chance,
Many thanks Tony

That's a hard one for sure. Try to mute with the palm, that helps to separate those 2 notes smile.gif It really takes time

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
tonyparnham
Sep 8 2009, 01:11 PM
Thanks Emir,
I'll start it from scratch at a low metro speed and creep up slowly.
Regards Tony

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Sep 8 2009, 04:41 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (tonyparnham @ Sep 8 2009, 01:11 PM) *
Thanks Emir,
I'll start it from scratch at a low metro speed and creep up slowly.
Regards Tony

No problem Tony just don't give up smile.gif Once I find time to record that lesson I will demonstrate it slowly so you can see better.

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
tonyparnham
Sep 9 2009, 08:13 AM
Thanks Emir and also to Wabba for posting, hope I did'nt hijack your thread.
Tony

+Quote Post
Wabba
Nov 18 2009, 03:18 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
Any news when this will come out? Or will it come out at all..? smile.gif

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Nov 18 2009, 03:54 PM
Instructor
Now when Kristofer said that the moving dots can't be present in cover songs anymore I might continue with this one once I find some time. I already have backing ready.

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Wabba
Nov 18 2009, 09:06 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Nov 18 2009, 04:54 PM) *
Now when Kristofer said that the moving dots can't be present in cover songs anymore I might continue with this one once I find some time. I already have backing ready.

Where and when did he say that? And does it close out the moving numbers also, or just the dots?

+Quote Post
Braer
Nov 19 2009, 06:06 PM
i really want this lesson! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Nov 19 2009, 06:19 PM
Instructor
I want that lesson too happy.gif

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 02:57 AM