15 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
I Love Gmc!, Hey.. whats all the comotion here???
Nobody
Mar 19 2008, 11:51 PM
GMC:er
Well I don't know about the other guys but for me GMC is something way too special. It's not just about the lessons. I've been around 3 months before I could get a subscription. Now I'm waiting for a month and more for my second subscription(I just can't find somebody with a Credit Card and PayPal only accepts Credit Cards from Bulgaria :/ ). And still I'm around every day. Reading at the forum, checking out the new lessons and dreaming about the moment when somebody with a Credit Card will pop out and I'll be able to practice again here.

My point is that it's not about competition. The main thing is that GMC has this great atmosphere, the feeling when you see the URL getting loaded.. Well that's the thing that's worth it and no other guitar site can beat it. Because they're just sites. Nothing more.

Cheers,
Hristian

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
ARM THE HOMELESS!!

IPB Image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
fkalich
Mar 20 2008, 12:03 AM
I mentioned above that in general, I have accomplished things when I set definitive and measurable goals, and stick to them, not getting sidetracked on something else.

My current goals are:

1) Keep working on some songs I know until perfect, about a half dozen. But no new songs at this time. No getting sidetracked

2) Master these lessons. There are 58 of them. There is other stuff and other teachers I am interested in, such as some Acoustic stuff, and some other teachers. But this is the task at hand. I don't see going elsewhere, how that will help me accomplish my goals.

I copied these from my bookmarks, thus the word 'delete'. I know about half of them in some fashion. I am laughing now. Why in the world would it be helpful for me to go around the internet in search of some royal road, when the royal road is right in front of me?

Blue Fantasy Solo part 3

Delete Blue Fantasy Solo pt 2

Delete Blue Fantasy Solo pt 1

Delete Easy Melodies in F

Delete Sweeping Lesson 1 (3 string shapes)

Delete Sweet Melodies in D major

Delete D-Mood Lesson

Delete Shred Solo Lesson

Delete Extreme Neo-Classic

Delete Shred Tapping Solo

Delete Kirk Hammett Solo Tricks

Delete Paul Gilbert Style Lesson

Delete Pentatonic Rock Cliches

Delete SRV - Stevie Ray Vaughan

Delete Rock & Blues Licks

Delete Oriental Shred Lesson

Delete Open Chords Rock Lesson Solo

Delete Open Chords Rock Rhythm

Delete U2 - The Edge - Style lesson

Delete Mentiras - Cirse

Delete Mixolydian Soloing

Delete Improvise Like Slash Lesson

Delete Eric Johnson Style Lesson 2

Delete Rock Rhythm 'n Solo Lesson

Delete Zakk Wylde Style Lesson

Delete Velvet Revolver Style Lesson

Delete Muse Style Lesson

Delete Heavy Riffs & Sweep Picking

Delete Sweep Picking Lesson

Delete Speed Licks Solo Lesson - GMC Intro!

Delete Power Metal Rhythm Guitar

Delete Eddie Van Halen Style

Delete Melodic Tapping Lesson

Delete Power-Metal Speedriffing

Delete Alice in Chains Style Lesson

Delete Winding Roads - Marcus Lavendell

Delete RHCP meet Zakk Wylde

Delete Neoclassical Three-Level-Lesson, Advanced

Delete Neoclassical Shrapnel Style

Delete Roo - Creative Metal Soloing

Delete Neoclassical Three-Level-Lesson, Intermediate

Delete Janes Addiction Style Lesson

Delete Free To Go - Rhythm

Delete Free To Go - Solo

Delete Sweeping Lesson 2 (5-string shapes)

Delete 80s Glam Rock Lesson

Delete Paul Gilbert Style Lesson 2

Delete Eric Johnson Style Solo

Delete Pink Floyd Style Lesson

Delete B Major Intermediate Solo

Delete Tapping - Licks without Picks

Delete "Misconception"- Riffing n Picking (drop D)

Delete Neoclassical Three-Level-Lesson, Beginner

Delete Neoclassical Sweeping & Legato

Delete Tapping Lesson

Delete Hand Control Lesson

edit: oh, i intend to also look into that one new teacher's exercises, the finger independence ones. those are not really songs, just exercises, but I am thinking that may be useful. not sure for me, but will check that out. but in general, unless I see something new here that is overwhelming, it goes on the back burner. The big 58 come first. All else can wait.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by fkalich: Mar 20 2008, 12:23 AM

+Quote Post
Jakub Luptovec
Mar 20 2008, 12:04 AM
Learning Tone Guru
Well.. that pavels site struck me a bit:( now I am really sad:(

This post has been edited by Jakub Luptovec: Mar 20 2008, 12:07 AM

--------------------
my youtube account with riffs and ideas: https://www.youtube.com/user/Phoenygzus

+Quote Post
JVM
Mar 20 2008, 12:04 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Nobody @ Mar 19 2008, 06:51 PM) *
Well I don't know about the other guys but for me GMC is something way too special. It's not just about the lessons. I've been around 3 months before I could get a subscription. Now I'm waiting for a month and more for my second subscription(I just can't find somebody with a Credit Card and PayPal only accepts Credit Cards from Bulgaria :/ ). And still I'm around every day. Reading at the forum, checking out the new lessons and dreaming about the moment when somebody with a Credit Card will pop out and I'll be able to practice again here.

My point is that it's not about competition. The main thing is that GMC has this great atmosphere, the feeling when you see the URL getting loaded.. Well that's the thing that's worth it and no other guitar site can beat it. Because they're just sites. Nothing more.

Cheers,
Hristian

I agree. I wish IG good luck, but I think some of what the members who have "defected" to IG have a very... off putting attitude to this situation that makes me not want to go there. GMC is everything I could ask for and much more. I did not particularly like the comment Pavel left about Kris hiring "****" instructors, I think a lot of the new guys are phenomenal. Guys like Alejandro and Gerardo for example (of course there's more of you smile.gif ). So I suppose in that sense, I don't think Pavel came across particularly well himself in this situation, it is a personal conflict and nothing more.

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Tjchep
Mar 20 2008, 12:09 AM
QUOTE (JVM @ Mar 20 2008, 12:04 AM) *
So I suppose in that sense, I don't think Pavel came across particularly well himself in this situation, it is a personal conflict and nothing more.

Yeah.. I don't think this is a win for either Kris or Pavel.. So putting it on the internet was kind of a bad move In my oppinion..

Revenge is one thing, but when you try to get greedy with it.. Karma kicks in..

--------------------
Check out my playing here - https://www.youtube.com/user/tjchep

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Mar 20 2008, 12:19 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
QUOTE (Jakub Luptovec @ Mar 19 2008, 11:32 AM) *
I just dont get it sad.gif Why?sad.gif

Ok, Everyone. I am a registered member on "the other guitar site", FACT.

Now this is why.

First off, I love GMC to death, its a phenomenal guitar community, And ive poured a lot of my time into hopefully helping it. Me being at "the other guitar site" is in NO way defecting from GMC, Ill argue till death with anyone who thinks different, i plan to still be on GMC as much as possible, i love this place, Its like a second home. But if a user goes to another guitar community, so what? Its there choice, i dont think we should judge them on it, after all, I still see some of the members that went to "the other guitar site" still posting here, so im obviously not the only one who still plans to stay! I love this place, else i wouldnt have 5000 + posts!

I am at IG for one reason, Pavel. When i first joined here, it was just Kris and Pavel. Pavel helped me alot with my sweeping, legato, and AP, His lessons are something i really learned from, and i love his style of music that he plays. He has contributed alot to my progress, he talked to me to get me on the right track. Im on IG so i can use his lessons on there, and continue to be able to learn from him, And seek out his advice. Now im not saying or trying to demean any Instructor on here, NOT AT ALL!! They all are just as capable, But Pavel has always set me on the right track.

People, I say lets not worry about this, Pavel is gone and it is a sad loss, This isnt the best way to send him off is it?

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Mar 20 2008, 12:20 AM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
QUOTE (Tjchep @ Mar 19 2008, 11:09 PM) *
Yeah.. I don't think this is a win for either Kris or Pavel.. So putting it on the internet was kind of a bad move In my oppinion..

Revenge is one thing, but when you try to get greedy with it.. Karma kicks in..

+1

I agree I dont think it was the best thing to do either , some will be sucked into it and for whatever reason feel that they must make right this wrong that seems to have been done to them also?? but on the other hand, it will wipe away an awful lot of respect that he earned from a lot of other people as well.

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
Jakub Luptovec
Mar 20 2008, 12:24 AM
Learning Tone Guru
Well... thread with GMC in name starts to get hot.. This matter really saddened me sad.gif My respect towards him grew and I no longer feel confused why people leave.. that IMO was not fair - as if it was my buisness.. but its just my opinion.. 'nuff said..

--------------------
my youtube account with riffs and ideas: https://www.youtube.com/user/Phoenygzus

+Quote Post
JVM
Mar 20 2008, 12:27 AM
Learning Roadie
Uncreator, FYI just in case, I wasn't talking about you specifically, but I have read some hot headed and ridiculous stuff over there which is what I was referring to.

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
besip
Mar 20 2008, 12:27 AM
co te hlavne nastvalo odchod Pavla??
sorry for not using english i'm kind of under beer control so i'm not sure with the english
but i'm try also in english

whats made you angry most?? the Pavel leave??

This post has been edited by besip: Mar 20 2008, 12:33 AM

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Mar 20 2008, 12:55 AM
Instructor
Ahhh,large chat here,maybe we could go into chat room to crash Google laugh.gif

As far as I've seen few (ex) members from GMC joined IG and said words like..
"I'm never coming back"..."lets see GMC crashes to death:"...etc.

Now,all I wanna know is why,did they experienced something that bad here at GMC??? ohmy.gif

Nope,guess not. wink.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
skennington
Mar 20 2008, 12:55 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
I see 8 guests are reading as well. Wonder what they are thinking? Should I join or not? wink.gif

+Quote Post
Jakub Luptovec
Mar 20 2008, 01:03 AM
Learning Tone Guru
Chat doesnt work?

--------------------

+Quote Post
fkalich
Mar 20 2008, 01:05 AM
QUOTE (skennington @ Mar 19 2008, 06:55 PM) *
I see 8 guests are reading as well. Wonder what they are thinking? Should I join or not? wink.gif

The intelligent ones are figuring it out, that this is the place.

+Quote Post
Tjchep
Mar 20 2008, 01:06 AM
QUOTE (fkalich @ Mar 20 2008, 01:05 AM) *
The intelligent ones are figuring it out, that this is the place.

smile.gif.

--------------------

+Quote Post
MickeM
Mar 20 2008, 01:20 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (Stevie·Ray·Vaughn @ Mar 19 2008, 11:35 PM) *
Well Tjchep is right ..

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...oyment+contract

No rules got broken smile.gif

The contract is an agreement between Kristofer and the instructors and for information rules in fact were broken. Some time long ago there was a remake of the contracts stating the new rule that instructors should not work for other guitar sites. The instructors okay'ed this but since it was on the instructor boards which is hidden it hasn't been witnessed by the members.
But I suppose since this was not done in public and if it's not on Pavels site (is it?) he simply "forgot" to mention that detail since it would work against his present case.

And besides I think the hostility Pavel is displaying isn't working for him. Aiming to be a respected guitarist who'd want to hire someone that will try to hang his employer in public if not everything goes his way? If I were smart I'd store his page for the day he's famous and then sell the news it to the media. But I'm not smart, and I'm not greedy for blood money and I don't want Pavel any harm so I won't.

So now, since the contract was broken, by Pavel, what's this fuzz about? He broke a contract, when that happens there are consequences. Same as in hockey, football, a company or even if you hire a car and break the agreement you have to pay the consequences. That's life, nothing to cry over but just move on.

I really don't see the point, all this energy on some sort of vendetta based on a fake case.

+Quote Post
fkalich
Mar 20 2008, 01:23 AM
QUOTE (Tjchep @ Mar 19 2008, 07:06 PM) *
smile.gif.

if nothing else, this thread go me trying those finger independence exercises, I just mentioned them, and now tried them, and yes, this is good stuff. Slow stuff like that really will help your speed. I discovered that earlier, but here is a real good set of formal exercise for that.

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Mar 20 2008, 01:25 AM
QUOTE (JVM @ Mar 20 2008, 12:04 AM) *
it is a personal conflict and nothing more.

Yes, I think this is a personal conflict, but I love Kris and Pavel, so I must voice my opinion, it was Kris' lessons on UG that gave me my first breakthrough on guitar, and Pavel helped me so much with sweeping, legato, and alternate picking. Both sides are not going to come off particularly well after this, there is no way one side could "win". A similar thing happened a while back when a student left a somewhat negative comment on one of Pavel's lessons, Pavel stood up to him and challenged him to play a lick as fast he could, while I respect Pavel for continually standing up for himself, I think when people push his buttons he can overreact, heck, we all would if someone pushed are buttons. I think there was an overreaction on both sides of this also, not saying one person was wrong or one person was right, I just think people overreacted. I love GMC, but I also love Pavel as my teacher, I just wish this could be settled in a way where Pavel could come back, and everyone was friends again, but I'm afraid that this will separate people. Look at the comments on Pavel's Truth page, there already is a flame war going on in there (witch kind of funnily ended in one guy insulting the others grammar, as so often happens on the Net when both sides have strong points).

sad.gif I'm a sad Panda.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Tjchep
Mar 20 2008, 01:28 AM
There's always more to it isnt there smile.gif. Hah.

Thanks for clearing this up though mate.. Very much appreciated smile.gif.

tj

--------------------

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Mar 20 2008, 01:34 AM
QUOTE (MickeM @ Mar 20 2008, 01:20 AM) *
The contract is an agreement between Kristofer and the instructors and for information rules in fact were broken. Some time long ago there was a remake of the contracts stating the new rule that instructors should not work for other guitar sites. The instructors okay'ed this but since it was on the instructor boards which is hidden it hasn't been witnessed by the members.
But I suppose since this was not done in public and if it's not on Pavels site (is it?) he simply "forgot" to mention that detail since it would work against his present case.

Really, this makes me feel alot better, that it was all just some big misunderstanding. While I'm not happy Pavel is gone, I'm actually glad that there were infact rules broken that was the cause of Pavel being let go. As long as the right thing was done...
smile.gif I'm a happy Panda. tongue.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

15 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 12:17 AM