9 Pages V  « < 7 8 9  
Timing Workout
Daeron
Sep 2 2015, 11:00 PM
Learning Chord Basher
Thank you, Gab ! I'm now working on Assignment V. I like this exercises !

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
petr
Sep 2 2015, 11:35 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gab,
yes, that is the riff. An isolated upbeat with metronome is fine, here it is more complex.
I actually got one suggestion from somebody today - I was playing it using alternate picking and the suggestion was to do downstroke for downbeats and upstroke for upbeats, so it would be

Attached Image

Also this riff is not easy for me
Attached Image

but this one is played downstrokes only so the plan above can not be used here.

Petr

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 3 2015, 01:48 PM
Instructor
Hi mate, good suggestion and graphics. The first thing that you should do to master this kind of rhythms is to be able to reproduce the rhythm with your voice and also with your hand hitting a table or something. Do this for a while over metronome and then over the backing, and you'll incorporate the rhythm much more. Then, get back to your guitar and see what happens.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
petr
Sep 6 2015, 02:12 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gab,
pleae can you check my take of the : https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Rhythm-Figures-Workout/
lesson here

https://soundcloud.com/petr-14/rf20150906

thanks Petr

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 7 2015, 05:08 AM
Instructor
Good job Petr! This sounds good. I recommend you to continue practicing this one to make the patterns sound even more consistent. Sometimes intensity is irregular and just a few notes don't go tight. But this is REALLY close.

Keep on the good job!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
mad
Sep 9 2015, 10:51 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
Hey Gab!

You can find my recording here!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 9 2015, 03:12 PM
Instructor
Ok Mad, thanks for notifying here. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 17 2015, 02:49 PM
Instructor
ASSIGNMENT VII

Hello GMCers! In this new assignment we will work on a new pattern based on triplets. This time we will cover the combination of 4th with 8th notes on a triplet pattern. Check it out:

Attached Image

and listen how it sound on guitar pro: Attached File  Triplets_feel_riff.gp5 ( 1.6K ) Number of downloads: 87

In order to work on this pattern, the lesson recommended is my Muse Style lesson which uses this pattern in every riff. So once you can play the pattern over the backing track, work on some riffs from this lesson, and practice them over the backing track or metronome:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Muse-Goes-Stoner/

Then, share your recordings here.

Who is in?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Daeron
Sep 18 2015, 07:30 AM
Learning Chord Basher
I'm still working on the assignment V. I was hoping to be able to play at 90bpm to record on the BT but my max speed is around 85bpm and I don't know how to increase. My right hand isn't able to speed more on 16th notes at the moment.

Should I record with the backing track decreased at around 80bpm ? Or continue and wait until I can reach 90 bpm ?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 18 2015, 01:11 PM
Instructor
Be patient and increase tempo by 1 or 2 beats each day. Also, visualize your goal. Stop playing, listen to the 100 bpm backing and imagine yourself playing the exercise over it, some air guitar is welcome. Do this during 3/5 minutes every day and then get back to practice.

About sharing takes at slower tempos.... yes! You can do it here. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
mad
Sep 23 2015, 12:30 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Hi Gab!
I just uploaded my take straight into the REC-Zone!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 23 2015, 05:00 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (mad @ Sep 23 2015, 08:30 AM) *
Hi Gab!
I just uploaded my take straight into the REC-Zone!

Great! I'll check it. Thanks for notifying here. wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
slickster
Oct 20 2015, 10:03 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 5 2015, 02:52 PM) *
ASSIGNMENT III

Hello friends! Congrats to all the students that are following successfully here and at your mentoring threads.

In this new assignment, we will cover some new patterns that are commonly used in both rhythm and lead guitar.

Pattern I:
The first one is a group of four 16th notes. You'd play 4 notes per beat and the figure looks like this:

[attachment=42123:16ths.jpg]

Pattern II:
The second pattern combines one 8th note with two 16th notes and looks like this:

[attachment=42124:combined_pattern_I.jpg]

Pattern III:
Finally, the third pattern combines two 16th notes with one 8th, the same than the previous but with a different order.

[attachment=42125:combined...ttern_II.jpg]

Do you want to hear how these ones sound?

Check out this guitar pro file, listen and play along with it: [attachment=42127:16th___8...patterns.gp5]

So, the exercise is: Download the following backings. Choose the one that has a tempo that is comfortable for you and get used to play each of the patterns. Practice one at a time, and share 3 recordings here to let me check.

Then, if you master the patterns, combine them and record a 4th take with everything together.

[attachment=42128:Timing_W...gnment_3.zip]

Time to work!!

I know how to count 16th or 8th notes, but how do you count them combined thx

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 21 2015, 02:32 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (slickster @ Oct 20 2015, 06:03 PM) *
I know how to count 16th or 8th notes, but how do you count them combined thx

Hi Slickster, this combined patterns can seem tricky at first but once you get used to them you'll notice that these are also natural. The way to learn them here is opening the guitar pro files and listening to the samples. Turn on metronome on guitar pro and play it over and over. Try to follow the patterns with your foot or voice. Once you think you can do it, record yourself doing it and share it here to let me check it. Ok?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 3 2015, 07:06 PM
Instructor
ASSIGNMENT VIII

Hello guys! In this new assignment we will work on the previous concepts but with two differences. We will get into more musical stuff and we will add another important element that is called Dynamics. When playing solos or riffs, we don't play every note with the same intensity, we use different intensities to give different accents and feels to what we play.

Please listen to this lesson, try to find out what figures I'm using. Start tapping with your foot while listening and count how many notes I play at each beat. Then, pay attention to dynamics, listen how I accentuate different notes, sometimes I go with the beat, while sometimes I go upbeat. Try to discover when I do each thing.

Learn to play the lesson, practice it over the backing tracks and share your takes here (and/or at REC program)

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Tycho-Style/

Who is in?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 7 8 9
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 06:03 AM