9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Timing Workout
Gabriel Leopardi
May 19 2015, 05:22 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Daeron @ May 19 2015, 03:30 AM) *
Thank you for your answer, Gabriel ! So, using strictly alternate picking technique, I should play the 8th notes with triplets like that : down-up / down-up-down / down-up / down-up-down. Isn't it ?

I understand what you tell about combining techniques in order to change the sound and dynamics.

by strictly alternate picking I mean:

down-up-down / up-down / up-down-up

QUOTE (Annemie @ May 18 2015, 04:21 PM) *
Hi Gab,

I did the exercise you suggested in the rec-zone. Here is my attempt with Quarter notes

[attachment=41974:AC_DC_Quarter.mp3]

and another atempt with eight notes

[attachment=41975:AC_DC_Eight.mp3]

Hi mate, thanks for this audios. Your timing is not bad, but there is room to make it sound tighter, mostly on 4th notes take which has many that are not even with the beat. Please practice one or two days more, and incorporate triplets if you can as a third exercise.

I'll be sharing a faster backing for this one.

ASSIGNMENT II

On this second assignment you have to play a single note that can be one from the scale, preferably the root, even with the beat over the same backing but with a higher tempo. This time we will work on 3 different note values, incorporating the triplets:

Beginners (level 1 to 3 in GMC lessons): Play 4th notes over the backing.
Intermediate (level 3 to 5 in GMC lessons): Play 8th notes and also 8th notes triplets over the backing.

Backing track in A: Attached File  AC_DC_Backing_90.mp3 ( 2.17MB ) Number of downloads: 128

DEADLINE: May 29th

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: May 19 2015, 05:00 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chris S.
May 20 2015, 02:32 AM
Learning Roadie
Hey Gab!

Before I start the second assignment I took an attempt at the mind blowing exercise you gave me tongue.gif

I posted it in our mentoring thread biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 20 2015, 04:45 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Chris S. @ May 19 2015, 10:32 PM) *
Hey Gab!

Before I start the second assignment I took an attempt at the mind blowing exercise you gave me tongue.gif

I posted it in our mentoring thread biggrin.gif

hehehe I've commented there! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
May 20 2015, 08:58 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hello Gab,

Ok here is my latest attempt, (hardly any practice) at assignment 1, It starts off a little out of time, that rhythm guitar totally throws me unsure.gif . I think it is better, it may not be perfect but should I move on to assignment 2 to catch up with the others?

4th note triplets (Assignment 1)
https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/acdc-timing-quarter-note-triplets

Cheers

Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
petr
May 23 2015, 09:27 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gab,
pls can you check my takes on assignment 2?

https://soundcloud.com/petr-14/acdc90-8?in=petr-14/sets/acdc90

triplets
https://soundcloud.com/petr-14/acdc90-3?in=petr-14/sets/acdc90

thanks Petr

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 24 2015, 11:32 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ May 20 2015, 04:58 PM) *
Hello Gab,

Ok here is my latest attempt, (hardly any practice) at assignment 1, It starts off a little out of time, that rhythm guitar totally throws me unsure.gif . I think it is better, it may not be perfect but should I move on to assignment 2 to catch up with the others?

4th note triplets (Assignment 1)
https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/acdc-timing-quarter-note-triplets

Cheers

Phil

Hi Phil, these triplets are close but not tight yet so I think that you need to continue working triplets at this tempo, however you can go for the new assignment and practice 4th and 8th notes over it.

QUOTE (petr @ May 23 2015, 05:27 PM) *

Good job Petr! 8th notes are perfect, triplets are also ok but there are some moments that could be tighter. I'd like to hear you playing both combined. For example alternate and play 1 measure triplets, 1 measure 8ths, and repeat this during the whole backing.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 26 2015, 03:37 PM
Instructor
3 days to go! Anybody else working on Assignment II? smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
May 27 2015, 08:55 PM
I'll get mine to you tomorrow. Triplets @ 80bpm and 4th + 8th @ 90bpm. wink.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 28 2015, 04:28 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ May 27 2015, 04:55 PM) *
I'll get mine to you tomorrow. Triplets @ 80bpm and 4th + 8th @ 90bpm. wink.gif

Ok! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Daeron
May 28 2015, 05:04 PM
Learning Chord Basher
I'm working on it too ! I'll post my take later in the evening.

+Quote Post
Phil66
May 28 2015, 09:03 PM
Here you go Gab. Not practised these much been busy with other things but posted anyway wink.gif

Triplets 80bpm
https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/80bpm-triplets

4th & 8th 90bpm
https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/90bpm-4th-8th

Cheers.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 29 2015, 02:50 PM
Instructor
Hi Phil! Thanks for the samples!

This audios show that you are comfortable with 4th notes, a bit less comfortable with 8th notes and even less with triplets. This means that you need to focus on 8th and triplets during the next days of practice. This workout sets the roots for everything else you are practicing so it would be important to dedicate at least 15 / 20 minutes every day during this week to see what happens.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
May 29 2015, 02:57 PM
Will do Gab, thanks. I had only had about 5 minutes practice since the last one, and that was right before this recording. As you know, I am back on it now.

Cheers buddy wink.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Daeron
May 29 2015, 06:59 PM
Learning Chord Basher
Hi Gab !

Here is my take on 4th notes :
https://soundcloud.com/david-enrique-20/timingexercise2-4thnotes

My take on 8th notes :
https://soundcloud.com/david-enrique-20/timingexercise2-8thnotes

And I try to make a take on triplets but I'm still not ready. I hope I can have something good this evening.

Edit : here my try on triplets but I'm not satisfied. There are some moments when I loose the beat... I have to practice more ! smile.gif

https://soundcloud.com/david-enrique-20/timingexercise2-triplets

This post has been edited by Daeron: May 29 2015, 10:52 PM

+Quote Post
Phil66
May 30 2015, 09:15 AM
Hello Gab,

I've just spent 15 minutes before we set off for our micro holiday, looping bar 3 (triplets) in GP5 at 80%. I was wondering if there is any way to get that into my DAW?? It would be good to listen back so that I can analyse it. I think it might be useful to hear what I'm doing while I not playing and it is less distracting than the backing track. Once I've got it with the GP5 I can move onto the backing track wink.gif

Hope this makes sense.

Cheers

This post has been edited by Phil66: May 30 2015, 09:17 AM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 30 2015, 05:28 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Daeron @ May 29 2015, 02:59 PM) *
Hi Gab !

Here is my take on 4th notes :
https://soundcloud.com/david-enrique-20/timingexercise2-4thnotes

My take on 8th notes :
https://soundcloud.com/david-enrique-20/timingexercise2-8thnotes

And I try to make a take on triplets but I'm still not ready. I hope I can have something good this evening.

Edit : here my try on triplets but I'm not satisfied. There are some moments when I loose the beat... I have to practice more ! smile.gif

https://soundcloud.com/david-enrique-20/timingexercise2-triplets

Hi Daeron! Excellent job with the 4th and 8th notes! Triplets still need work to sound as tight as the others so please focus on them during the next days. Future assignments will get back to triplets and combine them with other rhythm patterns so it's a good idea to try to master them.

Keep on the good job!

QUOTE (Phil66 @ May 30 2015, 05:15 AM) *
Hello Gab,

I've just spent 15 minutes before we set off for our micro holiday, looping bar 3 (triplets) in GP5 at 80%. I was wondering if there is any way to get that into my DAW?? It would be good to listen back so that I can analyse it. I think it might be useful to hear what I'm doing while I not playing and it is less distracting than the backing track. Once I've got it with the GP5 I can move onto the backing track wink.gif

Hope this makes sense.

Cheers

Do you mean opening a guitar pro on your daw? Well, the way to do it is exporting your guitar pro file as a midi file, and then importing midi into your daw's project. Then, you have to assign a sound to your midi channel, and it's done, you have the notes from the guitar pro on your multitrack.

Let me know if it makes sense.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
May 30 2015, 05:49 PM
That makes sense Gab. Thank you. I'll try it tomorrow if we get back early enough or Monday. Is it ok for me to use this method or would you rather me only to use the backing?
Thanks

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
petr
May 31 2015, 06:30 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gab,
so here is the 8th and triplets

https://soundcloud.com/petr-14/acdc90-8-3

Petr

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 1 2015, 02:24 PM
Instructor
Good job Petr! Triplets are getting tighter, so you are on the right track with this. There is some room to make this sound even more precise to keep on practicing until I share the new assignment.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 5 2015, 03:52 PM
Instructor
ASSIGNMENT III

Hello friends! Congrats to all the students that are following successfully here and at your mentoring threads.

In this new assignment, we will cover some new patterns that are commonly used in both rhythm and lead guitar.

Pattern I:
The first one is a group of four 16th notes. You'd play 4 notes per beat and the figure looks like this:

Attached Image

Pattern II:
The second pattern combines one 8th note with two 16th notes and looks like this:

Attached Image

Pattern III:
Finally, the third pattern combines two 16th notes with one 8th, the same than the previous but with a different order.

Attached Image

Do you want to hear how these ones sound?

Check out this guitar pro file, listen and play along with it: Attached File  16th___8th_patterns.gp5 ( 1.81K ) Number of downloads: 95

So, the exercise is: Download the following backings. Choose the one that has a tempo that is comfortable for you and get used to play each of the patterns. Practice one at a time, and share 3 recordings here to let me check.

Then, if you master the patterns, combine them and record a 4th take with everything together.

Attached File  Timing_Workout___Assignment_3.zip ( 18.68MB ) Number of downloads: 142

Time to work!!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 06:12 AM