> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Carlos Augusto Alves Santana, Lesson From Mr Laszlo Boross, 2 Lessons in one
GRADE
Carlos Santana
1. [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2. [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3. [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4. [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5. [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6. [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
7. [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
8. [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
9. [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10. [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

Frank
Mar 7 2011, 05:47 AM
GMC:er
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jjnv-jC6ni4

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by skennington: Mar 16 2011, 11:39 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Laszlo Boross
Mar 9 2011, 12:07 PM
Instructor
Very good take! This is a very interesting version! You didn't change sound in the second part, it was a bit strange for me, but not bad!
However I guess you need to pay more attention to the tempo. It wasn't quite accurate during the song.
And maybe at the bridge part there was some inaccuracy at the bendings as well. Overall it was nice work.
smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Laszlo Boross: Mar 9 2011, 12:08 PM

--------------------
Check out my lessons

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Mar 15 2011, 10:35 AM
Instructor
Hi Frank.. it was a good attempt smile.gif There were quite a few places where the timing wasn't right though.. you tend to rush through certain phrase like the second main phrase at 0:07 and 0:32. Also, try to make certain notes sound 'staccato' like Laszlo does in the song, by cutting off the notes with your picking hand and slightly taking your fingers off the fretboard. This will help you achieve that sound.

I would work on your vibrato and string bending to make them stronger because this song demands good control of both.. with a little bit of work on those things and working on the timing and 'staccato' notes, you'll be able to really give the song more 'juice'. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Zsolt Galambos
Mar 16 2011, 02:47 PM
GMC Coordinator & Instructor
Hey Frank!

Nice to have you around again!

Your take is quite ok. Your sound is very good, and I like your vibratos. You however, as said above, need to focus more on timing and bending.

Cheers bro!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile

Check out my Personal Board

+Quote Post
skennington
Mar 16 2011, 11:39 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
very close on this attempt Frank, 7 is your average score.

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 02:08 PM