Fast Pentatonic Licks
Lester
Oct 15 2008, 03:54 PM
Learning Roadie
Hey David,

I need your help on something smile.gif

I've been playing The minor natural scale for my solo's like forever, but I want something new.
I learned a few boxes of the blues scale because I'm rather fond of blues, especially the power stuff and SRV.
Well, your fast pentatonic licks lesson came exactly on the right time, BUT......
can you use the blues scale exactly the same as you would use the minor pentatonic? Or do the other musicians have to play some kind of blues-chords?
Thanks a lot in advance, Great lesson BTW.

Warm regards,
Lester

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jesse
Oct 15 2008, 04:13 PM
GMC:er
I say something since I love blues and srv. The minor pentatonic/blues scale is a difference of ONE note. The minor pentatonic in A goes like

E-5-8 The BLUES scale has an added Blue note and goes like this :UNDER HERE
B-5-8
G-5-7
D-5-7
A-5-7
E-5-8

E-5-8
B-5-8
G-5-7-8
D-5-7
A-5-6-7
E-5-8

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Oct 15 2008, 04:22 PM
Instructor
Good answer Jesse.
So yes, you can use the minor pentatonic and minor blues scale the same way.
The "blue" note is a passing note. It just adds a little chromatic touch to your minor pentatonic scale.

I recommend that you start working with the Dorian and Mixolydian mode now. They should help you expand and both of these modes work well blended with the pentatonic scales. :-)

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
Lester
Oct 15 2008, 04:52 PM
Learning Roadie
Okay,
Thanks for the help David and Jesse.
Good to know about the Dorian and mixolydian mode also, I'll work on it....
Thanks a lot!

Lester

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 09:02 AM