Basic Tapping
besip
Nov 12 2008, 10:27 PM
GMC:er
Hey Dave cool.gif

i'm have a litlle question...i'm practising a litle your basic Taping almost every day i'm give for the tapping just few minutes before i'm put the guitar away..actualy i'm almost avoiding the problem with big finger distance when we play the taping on 5 fret and holding 1 fret....actualy my problem is muting the rest string ...i'm know how you muting you have nice explanations there but my bigest problem is the last change when u freting i'm belive fret 5 and taping on fret 17...the switch to the position made me trouble...and rest of the string sound too mutch

how you doing {muting}when changing from the position from frets 4/7 to 5/17 ????

do u just slide with your right hand touching a litle those string when u move toward the bridge position???? becouse when i'm try to do that then i'm have lot of sound around laugh.gif

hope u got me

thanks Rene

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by besip: Nov 22 2008, 06:48 PM

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
besip
Nov 22 2008, 06:48 PM
mellow.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Nov 23 2008, 04:20 PM
Instructor
I'm sorry I didn't answer earlier man..
I missed that question!
While changing positions like you describe I use the palm of my right hand to mute everything.
The way to do this is to place your right hand palm over the strings. Your right hand should be parallel to the fretboard.
Does that help?

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
besip
Nov 27 2008, 04:27 AM
QUOTE (David Wallimann @ Nov 23 2008, 11:20 AM) *
. Your right hand should be parallel to the fretboard.
Does that help?

yes actualy i'm stilll have some problem..but looks like thats the way
i'm shoot practise practise and..you now smile.gif
thx

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 11:27 AM